The AFC Playoff Picture

It's nice that they are good enough to beat Jacksonville (2-9).

Please.

Of Jacksonville's 9 losses, 6 have been 1-score games. Those games include losses to Baltimore (6-5), Kansas City (8-3), and Detroit (7-4), so let's not act as though a win by a single TD is somehow damning to the team's playoff chances.

How many times over the last decade have you seen NE eek out a win that they probably didn't deserve against an inferior opponent? It happens; wins matter.

Now they need to go win the next one.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please.

Of Jacksonville's 9 losses, 6 have been 1-score games. Those games include losses to Baltimore (6-5), Kansas City (8-3), and Detroit (7-4), so let's not act as though a win by a single TD is somehow damning to the team's playoff chances.

How many times over the last decade have you seen NE eek out a win that they probably didn't deserve against an inferior opponent? It happens; wins matter.

Now they need to go win the next one.

It happened yesterday.

You are going to bet against the Bills making the playoffs? Wow. Can you root any harder against this team?

You want me to take a bet in which the odds are hugely stacked in your favor?

Or did you not understand that I was saying that your prediction is hardly bold at this point?

Aren't youz guys true believers?

I mean, I mention that the Jags are crap, and it's somehow not relevant.

I just played with the ESPN playoff machine, and here's the low-down:

If the team goes 4-1 the rest of the way, with the only loss coming to a non-division team, they're extremely likely to get in...I base this on the fact that the machine puts them as the 6th seed with a 10-6 record (wins against Miami and the Jets are non-negotiable) and the remainder of the schedule playing out in favor of the team with the higher win percentage.

Same result. I've played around with it a little and with a loss this week but wins the rest of the way after that, we should make the playoffs. I used a setting where the likeliest outcome is selected (win percentage). I also made a few adjustments here and there, but I think that our chances if we go 10-6 are much better than people seem to believe. That said, beating Pittsburgh, Miami and even the Jets in NYC is a tough achievement, so 10-6 is not going to be easy.

Yeah, but....

"Of Jacksonville's 9 losses, 6 have been 1-score games" - thebandit27

Thanks for proving my point--that not one of the other 5 teams that only managed a 1-score victory over Jacksonville has a "yeah but" in their standings either.

Every win counts--it seems you're unwilling to concede that

okay, I'll leave you guys to this Circle of Joy. I suppose you will be the hardest hit after the collapse. Keep yer heads up though, cuz the rocks are gonna fall.

get a dictionary and look up the words 'hope' and 'expectation' and note the difference

okay, I'll leave you guys to this Circle of Joy. I suppose you will be the hardest hit after the collapse. Keep yer heads up though, cuz the rocks are gonna fall.

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. Edited by r00tabaga

Trying to troll Bills fans... Go back to your teams site. Funny when the Jets are doing bad you spend a lot of time on this forum.