NFL.com: Kapernick perfect for Chip Kelly offense

YoloinOhio

Nervous yet?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000720814/article/colin-kaepernick-perfect-for-chip-kelly-patriots-nightmare-duo

When I look ahead to how Kelly could tweak his system to further enhance Kaepernick's skills, I believe you will see the 49ers play at a faster pace and incorporate more throws designed to attack the edges of the field (outside the numbers). By adding more tempo to the offense, Kelly can take the call sheet out of the opposing defensive coordinator's hands, leading to fewer complex blitz and coverage combinations. In addition, the rapid pace wears down defenders and creates more mental mistakes from undisciplined players forced into survival mode on the field.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit concerned about facing Kap in the first game. That always creates an emotional bump and a level of unpredictability. I think the team will be okay, but I do wish we were playing Gabbert.

Same.

Kap will either be a disaster or a lightning rod for the team to rally around.

I am a bit concerned about facing Kap in the first game. That always creates an emotional bump and a level of unpredictability. I think the team will be okay, but I do wish we were playing Gabbert.

This is correct. They might get a slight boost of confidence going into this one by replacing their struggling QB with one that has had success in the past and meanwhile we have no tape to study his tendencies in this offense. Could lead to trouble

This is correct. They might get a slight boost of confidence going into this one by replacing their struggling QB with one that has had success in the past and meanwhile we have no tape to study his tendencies in this offense. Could lead to trouble

There is tape of Kelly's offense...there is tape of Kaepernick......coaches know how to prepare...football is not a complicated game even though many say it is

There is tape of Kelly's offense...there is tape of Kaepernick......coaches know how to prepare...football is not a complicated game even though many say it is

Each week there's a new reason for some Bills' fans to be fearful. Kaepernick hasn't played any meaningful football in over a year and when he last did he was a horrible & confused QB. BBFS Lives!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Here's the thing: I share your worries Yolo, but I think Buffalo is just a bad matchup (or good for us) vs the Niners.

Chip's offense (for the 3 years I watched it in Philly) is brilliant when everything is clicking at the same time. Kaep, at his best, is near unbeatable when clicking.

But they are flying cross country and playing in a very hostile stadium. Kap's biggest knock was accuracy and a difficulty reading defenses. Chip Kelly needs accuracy with all his high tempo pick routes. Rex (with Palmer and Brisset) got back to swarming amoeba coverages. And when Chip goes 3 and out, he goes 3 and out fast.

Also, unlike last year vs the Eagles, their run defense is putrid. I don't care what the score is in the first half, pound that rock.

Yes - I am as nervous as a Politician in Church. ( I cleaned it up a bit for the youngsters ;-)

Guessing the SF Coaches will have CK try and run the option early to see how good Kap can be at running against us.

If we shut that down - he will be forced to use his RBs and Pass more and that reduces both Kap's options as well as how we much differently have to structure our staunch Defense.

This would be a Great Week for us to score early and often to take the wind out of their sails before SF finds much rhythm with their new QB.

I am a Bills Fan and I support this message.

Here's the thing: I share your worries Yolo, but I think Buffalo is just a bad matchup (or good for us) vs the Niners.

Chip's offense (for the 3 years I watched it in Philly) is brilliant when everything is clicking at the same time. Kaep, at his best, is near unbeatable when clicking.

But they are flying cross country and playing in a very hostile stadium. Kap's biggest knock was accuracy and a difficulty reading defenses. Chip Kelly needs accuracy with all his high tempo pick routes. Rex (with Palmer and Brisset) got back to swarming amoeba coverages. And when Chip goes 3 and out, he goes 3 and out fast.

Also, unlike last year vs the Eagles, their run defense is putrid. I don't care what the score is in the first half, pound that rock.

i agree about our offense being able to run. That could be our biggest help.

Unfortunately, we flew across the country just as much as they did, maybe more given that they are off a mini-bye. Chip easily beat Rex's schemes last year with a QB not really cut out for his system. It is a dangerous game. If we won the flip I might not defer. Get to running the ball and make them come from behind to win.

Yep.

Add in that Chip completely torched Rex last year and it is a perfect storm in a game the Bills probably should win. Nothing is ever easy.

Yep