Kaepernick to start on Sunday

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does it mean anything to you that the very reason we stand for the flag and the anthem is to honor those troops and also to honor the ones who have died defending it?

Maybe that's why you do. Honestly, I think most people stand because that's what we are instructed to do and we would get crap for it if we didn't. We have Memorial Day and Veterans day to honor the troops. I don't understand why the anthem is necessary at sporting events. I don't mind that it's done at games, but if I think deeply about it, along with forcing kids to pledge allegience, strikes me as very 'un American' if you will.

This is what I'm saying. Both the asinine 'protest' and the vegan stuff - attention seeking behavior. As much as I hope and look forward to him being lustily booed, part of me would prefer that everyone ignore his antics. Personalities like his can't stand the lack of attention, so he would ramp up the look-at-me behavior until people paid attention. I don't know, maybe throw himself down on the 50 yard line and have a tantrum? Or, maybe more likely given the way it's probably going to go down, do a lot of victim acting like a soccer player, taking dives and demanding late hit flags, like Tom Brady without the charm and QB ability

Vegan stuff is an attention seeking behavior? One of the dumbest comments I've ever heard. Well done.

Was there a human being on this continent who was not aware of this before Kaep "forced" them to be aware?

That's my only problem with this kid--his protest is centered on himself, and very late to the game, so to speak. His action really hasn't opened anyone's eyes to what is happening re: the police. All it has done is focused attention on...him. Nobody who was not discussing cops killing blacks is now talking about that. The only thing new being brought to the conversation is whether he should kneel/sit during the Anthem.

I's total narcissism, nothing more.

I don't suppose you can back that up with evidence? If it's your opinion, fine, but to state definitively what has actually happened or not happened, you need to back it up with data.

Maybe that's why you do. Honestly, I think most people stand because that's what we are instructed to do and we would get crap for it if we didn't. We have Memorial Day and Veterans day to honor the troops. I don't understand why the anthem is necessary at sporting events. I don't mind that it's done at games, but if I think deeply about it, along with forcing kids to pledge allegience, strikes me as very 'un American' if you will.

Vegan stuff is an attention seeking behavior? One of the dumbest comments I've ever heard. Well done.

I don't suppose you can back that up with evidence? If it's your opinion, fine, but to state definitively what has actually happened or not happened, you need to back it up with data.

I'm not sure about " most people". I think most people stand out of respect and a moment of reflection for being in this great country, and those that have given all for our freedoms. Perhaps I am being naive. I would agree with you that the anthem is unnecessary at sporting events and recent developments have made me think that it should just be eliminated at these gatherings for entertainment. Why give these entertainers a platform to disrespect the nation and its flag? Their platform is large enough as it is and needn't be enhanced any further as their opinion on things is no more important than the rest of us. Maybe then us sports fans could enjoy the game for what it is without it being turned into a circus and point of instruction /indoctrination into a progressive political agenda. Sports should be a refuge from the relentless onslaught of PC political messages.

I'm not sure about " most people". I think most people stand out of respect and a moment of reflection for being in this great country, and those that have given all for our freedoms. Perhaps I am being naive. I would agree with you that the anthem is unnecessary at sporting events and recent developments have made me think that it should just be eliminated at these gatherings for entertainment. Why give these entertainers a platform to disrespect the nation and its flag? Their platform is large enough as it is and needn't be enhanced any further as their opinion on things is no more important than the rest of us. Maybe then us sports fans could enjoy the game for what it is without it being turned into a circus and point of instruction /indoctrination into a progressive political agenda. Sports should be a refuge from the relentless onslaught of PC political messages.

What is the relentless onslaught? Not wanting innocent unarmed men to be killed is PC? give me a break.

So he's against violence and you're for it?

If he were truly against violence , he would take a stand for all the victims of homicides that go unsolved, largely because people in their communities won't tell police what they know. Where is the justice for them? There are far more of those in probably one large city per year than police shootings in the entire country. It's seems his problem is only when the person pulling the trigger is an officer of the law. Someone doing a difficult and dangerous job making a split second decision to protect their safety. He also likely wouldn't be playing the most violent major sport in the nation. I guess we are for violence by watching this sport. So be it. But he knows the risks and there's nothing wrong with wanting to see him pummeled into oblivion on the field.

What is the relentless onslaught? Not wanting innocent unarmed men to be killed is PC? give me a break.

Nobody wants them to be killed. These are largely tragic incidents that didn't need to happen if the suspect involved had simply followed instructions designed to keep everyone safe. So the presumption that someone, anyone WANTS these to occur is wrong. Every aspect of training is designed to prevent having to discharge a service weapon. It's a last resort . I haven't heard a single constructive alternative idea proposed by anyone to stop it from happening. What do we do as a society? Remove the power of Police to use deadly physical force? Take away the advantage we give them over criminals to keep everyone including themselves safe? These needless victims allowed themselves to become a statistic by not listening. It's too bad , but the number of them per year is in the hundreds in a country of millions . It's PC to act as though the Officer is largely at fault when they usually are not . The media described that jerk in Ferguson who attempted to grab an officer's gun from his belt before he was shot as " unarmed". PC indeed.

If he were truly against violence , he would take a stand for all the victims of homicides that go unsolved, largely because people in their communities won't tell police what they know. Where is the justice for them? There are far more of those in probably one large city per year than police shootings in the entire country. It's seems his problem is only when the person pulling the trigger is an officer of the law. Someone doing a difficult and dangerous job making a split second decision to protect their safety. He also likely wouldn't be playing the most violent major sport in the nation. I guess we are for violence by watching this sport. So be it. But he knows the risks and there's nothing wrong with wanting to see him pummeled into oblivion on the field.

I want to see him pummeled because he plays for the other team, not because I have concerns about the factual basis of some of his opinions.

I want to see him booed because I want him to know that his opinion of what is happening is not the only opinion. In fact, I want him to continue kneeling and for fans to continue booing because that is tremendously American. Everybody has the right to free speech - Kaep and the fans. As long as his employer hasn't limited his expression, he should be free to continue. He should also freely anticipate some blowback from fans who disagree with his form of expression. Freedom of speech includes the right to tell someone that you agree or disagree. When it is a passionate subject, you better expect a bit of yelling and perhaps a little vitriol. It has always been that way and it should continue

Kaep's display will all end when he gets injured for the remainder of the season and gets put on IR. I'd be surprised if he continued after this season. There will be well-written statements from his camp about how they are proactively pursuing alternative avenues for dialogue and activism...and that will be the end of this whole saga. GASP! What "news" will ESPN cover when that happens?

Out of all the big ones that made major news, started a riot or two, etc. - I can't really think of any innocent ones. The one in Tulsa seems totally wrong - but even that guy was on PCP, which is the worst.........Unarmed? Not so much - the one in Baton Rouge, the one in MN, the one in Charlotte - they all had guns.

Out of all the big ones that made major news, started a riot or two, etc. - I can't really think of any innocent ones. The one in Tulsa seems totally wrong - but even that guy was on PCP, which is the worst.........Unarmed? Not so much - the one in Baton Rouge, the one in MN, the one in Charlotte - they all had guns.

Silence you! You're ruining the narrative!

Ironic that so many fight for the right to carry a gun....and now people are getting shot for carrying a gun

Oh hey look, it's the wet blanket here to ruin everyone's fun. I'm guessing, TSW poster klos63, that you haven't met any actual vegans. Next I'm sure you'll argue against my point, from which you cherry picked the bolded quote in your post, which was challenging the previous poster to find a legitimate sports nutritionist, that would claim that a Vegan diet is a good idea for a professional QB.

Oh hey look, it's the wet blanket here to ruin everyone's fun. I'm guessing, TSW poster klos63, that you haven't met any actual vegans. Next I'm sure you'll argue against my point, from which you cherry picked the bolded quote in your post, which was challenging the previous poster to find a legitimate sports nutritionist, that would claim that a Vegan diet is a good idea for a professional QB.

you will have guessed wrong...how is that ruining everyone's fun? I've read the vegan comment numerous times....how is his diet relevant to the conversation?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/65/5e/0e/655e0e964898c68d50860afee6b9fc3f.png

Can't embed this on a phone. Damn it. Feel free to

Ha, yup! At any rate, we'll see on Sunday. The hype machine for Kaep is in full overdrive, we'll see between the low iron diet, the bum shoulder, and the focus on politics, how good a QB he is now. Apparently he's had 3 surgeries since last season on his shoulder, and hasnt even been able to be in the weight room until the last few weeks.

you will have guessed wrong...how is that ruining everyone's fun? I've read the vegan comment numerous times....how is his diet relevant to the conversation?

So, you're klos63 parachute account, or do you just finish sentences for eachother?

Edited by dorquemada

What evidence would I supply? Would you imagine that there is evidence that anyone able (because they have a television and/or internet access) to follow Kaep's story would NOT already be well aware of the issue he belatedly decided to "bring attention to"?

The "evidence" is the inherent logic to my doubting anyone is learning anything about police brutality by the time Kaepernick became "woke" to the issue.

Now if he started his silent protest when people were rioting in Ferguson or Baltimore or NYC...I would say his actions were more meaningful. Bit he didn't, for whatever reason. What he has done instead, ironically, is divert attention away from police brutality and focused it on himself and the Anthem and veterans and active military, etc. Is anyone talking more about the cops shooting unarmed people (there have been several more high profile since he began his protest)? No--they are only talking about him and whether his protest is appropriate. And why is this? Because the news cycle is already saturated, for over 2 years now, with info about cops shooting people---none of which has been impacted or precipitated by his Anthem antics.

I am vegan , most of my brothers and sisters are, niece , nephew, some friends.,,,,,there is no reason that a QB or any other professional athlete couldn't succeed on a vegan diet. My sister runs full marathons and is vegan. You are ignorant regarding the vegan diet, but it's ok, most people are.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/65/5e/0e/655e0e964898c68d50860afee6b9fc3f.png

Can't embed this on a phone. Damn it. Feel free

Ha, yup! At any rate, we'll see on Sunday. The hype machine for Kaep is in full overdrive, we'll see between the low iron diet, the bum shoulder, and the focus on politics, how good a QB he is now. Apparently he's had 3 surgeries since last season on his shoulder, and hasnt even been able to be in the weight room until the last few weeks.

So, you're klos63 parachute account, or do you just finish sentences for eachother?

He knows me, does this bother you ?