2017 Alexander, Woods, Brown>Gilmore

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Except when its good play the week before?

You do realize that a season is 16 games right?

Yeah and do you realize what the word Inconsistent means?

I guess i have to say well Tyrod gets a pass this week because we won and well he played pretty good last week.

Edited by MAJBobby

Problem with Gilmore is he doesn't play with heart. Look at Sherman, that guy cares.

The other top corners in this league do that. Gilmore doesn't hawk the ball, can barely tackle or tries, and is basically an above average cover guy. I'd rather draft a new one.

Yeah and do you realize what the word Inconsistent means?

I guess i have to say well Tyrod gets a pass this week because we won and well he played pretty good last week.

I see....so a a QB needs to meet your expectations EVERY week.....or he sucks.

It doesnt matter that a season is 16 games long.....its all about the qb and being good every week.

Saw a lot of franchise QBs this past week that need to be cut according to your expectations

Problem with Gilmore is he doesn't play with heart. Look at Sherman, that guy cares.

The other top corners in this league do that. Gilmore doesn't hawk the ball, can barely tackle or tries, and is basically an above average cover guy. I'd rather draft a new one.

I honestly think Gilmore is playing not to get hurt....that is what I am seeing

I see....so a a QB needs to meet your expectations EVERY week.....or he sucks.

It doesnt matter that a season is 16 games long.....its all about the qb and being good every week.

Saw a lot of franchise QBs this past week that need to be cut according to your expectations

I honestly think Gilmore is playing not to get hurt....that is what I am seeing

Yes the Bills are the ones thag ramped this up by giving Tyrod that contract.

The minute thag happened and put this option that has to be decided on at the end of the season he can no longer be the 3 million dollar QB.

So progression would me nice. 5 years in NFL now almost 20 games as a starter (when pretty much you know what you have at QB) and see zero to minimal progression.

Yes the Bills are the ones thag ramped this up by giving Tyrod that contract.

The minute thag happened and put this option that has to be decided on at the end of the season he can no longer be the 3 million dollar QB.

So progression would me nice. 5 years in NFL now almost 20 games as a starter (when pretty much you know what you have at QB) and see zero to minimal progression.

Except a pro bowl, ESPN's number 1 free agent aquisition of the year, winning record QB

Other then that.....hey he sucks...:)

Except a pro bowl, ESPN's number 1 free agent aquisition of the year, winning record QB

Other then that.....hey he sucks...:)

Mumble mumble mumble

Again I Once would like to hear you say something about how is mechanics are improved, point specific plays were he didnt open his lead shoulder or throw flag footed. Actually look at the act of playing QB and then come back and defend his play on Sunday

Again sorry how many games has he won when down 4 points at halftime?

I don't want to resign Gilmore. I don't really care to resign Woods. I think both are replaceable particularly Woods. I actually don't want Gilmore for even $10M per year, which is much less than what he's looking for. I'd be happier to save that money, redistribute it to the offense and get a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick for someone else signing Gilmore to a big money deal.

This team needs to focus on QB's and WR's in next year draft/FA.

Mumble mumble mumble

Again I Once would like to hear you say something about how is mechanics are improved, point specific plays were he didnt open his lead shoulder or throw flag footed. Actually look at the act of playing QB and then come back and defend his play on Sunday

where is that moving goal posts emoticon......Its around here somewhere

Mumble mumble mumble

How does Ben Rothlisberger look when buying time in the pocket, extending the play, and/or facing pressure in the pocket....Only to toss a TD while off balance, flat footed, etc? Because that's what Tyrod did on his two TD passes yesterday. Touchdown passes look good no matter how executed. Taylor had some low moments yesterday and he also made the "nice" plays. They won.....He was apart of the winning formuala.

Yes i do because Taylor is not deserving of the contract he would get by picking uo his option. After 5 years essentislly still the same QB from college.

You can't have a revolving door at the GM, HC and QB position in the NFL. You will never win. Tyrod has his shortcomings but he has done a great job protecting the football and playing conservatively.

You can't have a revolving door at the GM, HC and QB position in the NFL. You will never win. Tyrod has his shortcomings but he has done a great job protecting the football and playing conservatively.

Has he played well enough to earn his option getting picked up?

Besides the fact he was miserable the moment the Bills drafted him, he is in no way a leader on the defense, and he does not like to tackle these days. But the real reason is because we need to spend that $14-15 million a year on guys like Zach Brown id say 6 mill a year, Robert Woods 6 mill a year, and Lorenzo Alexander prob about 3 mill a year (due to his age).

We can more than likely sign all 3 of these players for the price we can re-sign Gilmore. Plus we have good CB depth and Darby is a true # 1. It is good to keep your own productive players at the right price. We are already paying Glenn, Hughes, and Dareus huge money on long contracts not to mention McCoy and Clay. You can not load up on 10 mill plus contracts on your team. Dareus is a good example of why. And with Gilmore giving the Bryd treatment lately he is only one half assed injury from being a total waste of $. He is a talented CB but he is not worth the Bills keeping at anywhere near the price they would have to pay.

no way Gilmore's back. write it down. He's is simply not worth it. kudos to Whaley for drafting Kevon Seymour.

Gilmore will get tagged if he doesn't take a deal around $12,000,000. If you ask me he would stupid not to. I fully believe he is in a "me first" mode this year and trying to avoid injury at all cost before hitting the open market to get his deal. But bet this, if he gets tagged he will do the same thing next year. The money could be spread out wisely in different ways if not spent on Stephon. You also have to believe there is no way in Hades that Tyrod sees $27,000,000 next year. That deal will certainly be reworked. They will convert x amount to some kind of bonus that will be spread out and ease the cap hit. Overall I think Whaley works the books to free up money for the players we need to keep and the team is basically the same next year with another fresh draft class coming in.

...you expresses the scenario very well, H2o and if this were up to a vote - I would chooses the above and hope we do.

Go Bills!

On top of all the other things he does well, Woods also gets open.

You need to watch the game films. Its consistent. He also had a long td wide open and TT missed him badly.

Everyone can be replaced, but Woods is tough to match when u look at the whole package. We will sign him because the guys making the decisions are looking at the actual game films and not just watching it once on sunday and making erroneous conclusions.

By my very rough calculations (working on the cap going up to $165m, on a rough par with recent inflation) the Bills should have about $137.5m in cap commitments. Resulting in about $27.5m in cap space.

That's before re-signing any of Gilmore, Mills, Zach Brown, Woods, Felton, Gillislee, Bryant, Douzable, Alexander, Duke Williams, Blanton, Meeks, Schmidt.

The roster holes would be FB, #2 WR, #2/3 TE, starting RT, backup DL (x2), starting CB, backup S (x2) and punter.