Is there a reason we don't just move Charles Clay to WR??

The Golden Bear

Jack Nicklous would play TE?

However to phrase it, clay seems like he offers a favorable mismatch outside on smaller corners and they should exploit it more often.

Agree, especially in the Red Zone, even inside the 30 yard line. He's got speed, good hands and physicality. Man, it's right there for the pickins!

Wait. He already lined up a lot on the outside?

Last game was the first time I ever noticed it and probably the first time he caught a pass on the outside.

If he does line up on the outside, I would suggest the radical idea of throwing to him more often when he is out there.

Yep. I'm with you. I haven't seen CC on the outside in the WR spot before last week. That's why I figured he might as well be a WR given his height and size. But as others have said "duhhhhhhhhh" ....he's a TE. I feel so dumb.

I see it like college basketball (not a big NBA fan). Load your team with 6'4"-6'8" guys, with one big. Have a bunch of guys who can do everything fairly well. It's harder to defend against. We could have a WR taller than Clay, but there are various ways to create mismatches.

He does line up outside and off the line many times. No need to switch positions.

he will want even more money

They'd have to pay him more.

shoot. i really should read through these things when I arrive late.. :wallbash:

Wait. He already lined up a lot on the outside?

Last game was the first time I ever noticed it and probably the first time he caught a pass on the outside.

If he does line up on the outside, I would suggest the radical idea of throwing to him more often when he is out there.

lets just slow that thinking down a bit. Bills are not anywhere near the level of the Patriots in game scheming.

Lets just work on motioning him out for this year, and see how that works. If he can get lined up, maybe next year we throw. Year after that we could send two TEs outside.

Year after that we will have a new OC and can start over again

Yep. I'm with you. I haven't seen CC on the outside in the WR spot before last week. That's why I figured he might as well be a WR given his height and size. But as others have said "duhhhhhhhhh" ....he's a TE. I feel so dumb.

Patriots were doing it last year and winning the matchups. its a great motion play !

NOT dumb !

He gotta broke foot, how Sammy gonna walk?!?!?!?

:D

It will be a pouty walk.

Like a boo boo kitty walk, with emphasis on the foot.

Very much like that.

Screw Sammy dude is glass anyway.

just like shaking a warm soda.

say the word sammy, and you need extra napkins.

way to get a shot in at Goodwin too !

ouch