Where do you put Lawson when he comes back.

Davealan74

In this day and age anytime I see an "athletic freak" I immediately wonder what they are on. Especially if they are performing beyond their years. (Like a certain 39 year old QB who likes his balls soft.)

That said, it might be time to just say f##k it and allow all PEDs in the pros. I mean when you get right down to it we want our freaks, don't we? Athletes already mash their brains into pudding for our entertainment. Why not let them juice?

I think he means mental freak. Steve Smith of defense - he's playing at a high level at that age because he's mentally unstable and wants to hit things...

Oh, I meant physical freak.

I always think back to the acupuncture sequence from Hard Knocks a few years ago:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/0ap2000000232275/Hard-Knocks-Harrison-too-strong-for-acupuncture

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I meant physical freak.

I always think back to the acupuncture sequence from Hard Knocks a few years ago:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/0ap2000000232275/Hard-Knocks-Harrison-too-strong-for-acupuncture

Well I think he's a complete psychopath too. I think he plays football because he needs an outlet for his psychotic urges. He may not even realize that he plays football.

In this day and age anytime I see an "athletic freak" I immediately wonder what they are on. Especially if they are performing beyond their years. (Like a certain 39 year old QB who likes his balls soft.)

Brady takes his job pretty seriously. Guy eats a diet specifically to prevent inflammation. He also works out for muscle flexibility to avoid strains and pulls. Guy takes good care of himself.

Brady takes his job pretty seriously. Guy eats a diet specifically to prevent inflammation. He also works out for muscle flexibility to avoid strains and pulls. Guy takes good care of himself.

Unless he's been going this all his life, there's only so much you can do to stave-off father time.

Exactly where he was meant to play. Rotating him in slowly should be good for everyone.

Exactly...it is hard to notice how often guys are on and off the field during the run of play. While the producers are showing us replays, players are swapping out pretty consistently. He will get plenty of run, but not likely starters' minutes. I'd guess he plays about 30 percent of defensive snaps the first week he's back if it is a close game. If it is lopsided or a track meet, then that number could fluctuate.

Alexander is old and cannot keep up this production. He will start slowing down by the time Lawson is back.

Yeah this makes a lot of sense......

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I agree with this......to a point

Shaq is not gonna be up to speed with no training camp

but

I bet there are some things he does pretty darn well and could contribute.

Use him in a rotation to keep everyone fresh....just like we should do with Marcel. This defense has a problem in that when its on the field too long it starts giving up plays......keep rotating fresh bodies

Yeah this makes a lot of sense......

I agree with this......to a point

Shaq is not gonna be up to speed with no training camp

but

I bet there are some things he does pretty darn well and could contribute.

Use him in a rotation to keep everyone fresh....just like we should do with Marcel. This defense has a problem in that when its on the field too long it starts giving up plays......keep rotating fresh bodies

I'm not saying don't play him. Just don't force feed him in because he's a high draft pick. I agree with what pretty much everyone else is saying here - rotate him in to keep everyone fresh and get him up to speed at a natural pace.

I DONT AGREE WITH the naysayers, i think he is going to be devastating ! he has been working out for months he will be a great addition imo.

Yeah, and there was a moment Sunday wherein Blount (I think) shook off Lorax in the backfield, and I turned to my buddy and said: that's where Shaq Lawson makes an impact right away.

We signed him to pay special teams so I would think he'll wind up playing there mostly, but he also can play any LB position so I would think he'll rotate in at multiple places on the LB level. If Lawson is fully healthy, he'll be the starter by week 9.

But his pay gives them alot of flexibility to put a faster group out there because he can play MLB.

We signed him to pay special teams so I would think he'll wind up playing there mostly, but he also can play any LB position so I would think he'll rotate in at multiple places on the LB level. If Lawson is fully healthy, he'll be the starter by week 9.

But his pay gives them alot of flexibility to put a faster group out there because he can play MLB.

What?

Keeping a top 15 pick out of the line up because a sub is playing well sounds like a great strategy.

1) he was the 19th overall pick

2) nobody said to keep him out of the lineup; several folks have said to dress him and ease him into action

3) why knock the guy with 4 sacks in 4 games out of the lineup?