V.P. Debate

B-Man

This is what also gets me. I had a facebook argument recently (I know, I know) with a woman who was deriding christian fanaticism in the form of Hobby Lobby not wanting to pay for contraception for their employees by way of insurance. Her argument was they were "forcing their religious views" on employees. When I inquired as to whether she felt comfortable dictating what a -privately held- company's owners should do, she answered yes. So, I called her a hypocrite.

That didn't go well.

:lol:

Unfortunately you don't have to look very far to find folks like that. It's too difficult for a lot of people to remove emotion from issues and try to look at the situation logically.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pence won. Walk it off. Also, the notion that Trump would be upset, by his first hire as president, doing a good job, is F'ing absurd.

WTF is that even about? Yeah, I hate it when I hire people that are better than me at something. :rolleyes: Reality: I F'ing spend hours making sure they are better than me, or at the very least have the potential to be, BEFORE I hire them. Then, I constantly try to challenge them at whatever they do better than me...by doing it with them when I can.

This is leadership, and no, it's not 101. Knowing to do this is innate for real leaders, but must be taught to wanna-bes.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

This is what also gets me. I had a facebook argument recently (I know, I know) with a woman who was deriding christian fanaticism in the form of Hobby Lobby not wanting to pay for contraception for their employees by way of insurance. Her argument was they were "forcing their religious views" on employees. When I inquired as to whether she felt comfortable dictating what a -privately held- company's owners should do, she answered yes. So, I called her a hypocrite.

That didn't go well.

:lol:

Hasn't social media with women gotten you close enough to being chopped up into teeny tiny bits already? Stay away from it dude.

Those fairy tales are the basis for western morality, and the concept of a creator (be it a deity, evolution, or pure random chance) is the underpinning of our Constitutional liberties. I'm not much of believer myself, but I can still respect and appreciate those that are.

The funniest part of this for me is how people like Boatdrinks (and most people on the left) spend their time openly and repeatedly mocking Christians, Catholics, Jews, etc. for believing in "voodoo" and "fairy tales," and never understanding why their faith is important to them.

To people like Boatdrinks, the only explanation is that they're stupid because only stupid people would believe in voodoo and fairy tales.

But call someone a radical Muslim extremist and watch them piss their pants while calling you Islamophobic.

Edited by LABillzFan

The funniest part of this for me is how people like Boatdrinks (and most people on the left) spend their time openly and repeatedly mocking Christians, Catholics, Jews, etc. for believing in "voodoo" and "fairy tales," and never understanding why their faith is important to them.

To people like Boatdrinks, the only explanation is that they're stupid because only stupid people would believe in voodoo and fairy tales.

But call someone a radical Muslim extremist and watch them piss their pants while calling you Islamophobic.

Well, you are wrong about me. I have nothing against religion and I even understand why it is important to some. That's fine. I have a problem with using it as an excuse to impose those beliefs on others, to try to control what they can and cannot do. It's often what folks hide behind when attempting to justify their desire to control their fellow citizens. It's as if saying " that's my religious belief" makes it superior to someone else's opinion. I have plenty of friends and family members who religion is important to and that's fine. It's just not important to me and I have no use for it. Not an issue , you like chocolate I like vanilla. And as a matter of fact, I think the Muslim "religion" is by far the worst of the major ones out there. You don't see many Catholic terrorists blowing people up or degrading women and treating them like second class citizens at best. It's a lifestyle completetly incompatible with American and western culture. I think all Muslims are radical and extreme and need to be called out as such. I guess I'm islamaphobic too. I don't really fit into a neat political box. I think the government should spend less, especially on welfare, food stamps etc. Taxes are too high and they give too much away. I do think Social Security is a good idea that needs to be saved and strengthened . It's for people who actually worked. The fixes are fairly easy and I think both sides will get it done. The only thing that has kept me from voting Republican too often is their obsession with Roe v Wade. I think abortion should remain legal.( and the welfare rolls would explode even more without it, taking more taxes from me to give to those who can't afford to have children but do so anyways) That's that thing about controlling people hiding behind religion. All birth control should be legal and automatically a part of health care coverage as well. Finally ( and I am straight) I think that anyone should be able to marry whoever they want. It's a legal arrangement and nothing more. Doesn't change my paycheck. Whatever floats your boat. I cringe at the idea of such a couple having a child , just too weird but not enough of a reason to think I or anyone else should want to outlaw it. On the other hand, I cannot stand this lumping in of " B and T" with gay and lesbian. Political correctness run amok. You are either Gay or straight. Bi is just code for gay ok with dabbling on the other side. Trans is just liking to play dress up and act like something you are not. It's a disorder, not an orientation. That's about it. Both parties have elements that I can't stand. Republicans would be better than Dems by a gazillion miles if they would just try to keep religion out of the social issues. That's when I think the religious get less intelligent in my eyes.

Gah....

Unreadable wall of text.

Paragraphs, man.

Paragraphs.

Lol . Thanks for that. It was just kind of a stream of consciousness thing but whatever.

howdareyouimposeyourdesireforstructureonhimheritheshe

There is plenty of structure possible without imposing of religious doctrine onto others. Have your " structure" in your life and don't worry about anyone else's " structure". That's a good place to start.

There is plenty of structure possible without imposing of religious doctrine onto others. Have your " structure" in your life and don't worry about anyone else's " structure". That's a good place to start.

Personally, I think you have it backwards. Faith and religion are present in the Republican party because it's a big part of many of their constituents' lives, not so much as a matter of party doctrine. If Christian conservatives were to gravitate to another party, then the Republicans' platform would reflect that.

Personally, I think you have it backwards. Faith and religion are present in the Republican party because it's a big part of many of their constituents' lives, not so much as a matter of party doctrine. If Christian conservatives were to gravitate to another party, then the Republicans' platform would reflect that.

So they are pandering for their votes. Appealing to that desire to control what their neighbors do in the name of " their religion". Adopting that never ending thirst as part of their platform. I don't have it backwards that's exactly what I thought. They must not think their other policies would get those folks to vote for them.

So they are pandering for their votes. Appealing to that desire to control what their neighbors do in the name of " their religion". Adopting that never ending thirst as part of their platform. I don't have it backwards that's exactly what I thought. They must not think their other policies would get those folks to vote for them.

Just a guess. You're bald aren't you?

Which religion is this "their religion" of which you speak?