V.P. Debate

B-Man

So, the Republican party demands an undefined Christian adherence as part of their platform?

Please explain to me how that's even possible.

They appeal to religious folks desire to control others in the name of religion. That attracts a certain element to the party, and the party plays to it for votes . I'm not saying anything with regards to your question. Just making an overall observation. Yes they tend to be Christian.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They appeal to religious folks desire to control others in the name of religion. That attracts a certain element to the party, and the party plays to it for votes . I'm not saying anything with regards to your question. Just making an overall observation. Yes they tend to be Christian.

Pray tell, how do Christians desire to control others in the name of religion?

Unadulterated Bull Sh*t

I know you're not saying anything with regard to my question, so I'll ask it again, but rephrased: since there are Methodists, United Methodists, Lutherans, Catholics, Pentecostals, Seven Day Adventists, Mormons, and a host of others - all still Christian faiths but having different beliefs, are you saying that republicans have cooked up some kind of amalgamated version of Christianity and spoon-feed it to their masses who use it to try to control other peoples' lives? That sure sounds to me like what you're trying to say.

Pray tell, how do Christians desire to control others in the name of religion?

I think he's talking about forcing religious institutions to provide birth control to it's employees.

No, wait. That's the Democrats.

Oh, I think he's talking about forcing people to pay taxes that fund abortions under the premise that Planned Parenthood also provides mammograms.

Oh, wait. Now I know. He doesn't want the US to acknowledge the beheading of American Christians in the Middle East because they were probably just asking for it.

No, wait. Still the Democrats.

I know you're not saying anything with regard to my question, so I'll ask it again, but rephrased: since there are Methodists, United Methodists, Lutherans, Catholics, Pentecostals, Seven Day Adventists, Mormons, and a host of others - all still Christian faiths but having different beliefs, are you saying that republicans have cooked up some kind of amalgamated version of Christianity and spoon-feed it to their masses who use it to try to control other peoples' lives? That sure sounds to me like what you're trying to say.

No they have adopted stances on policy to appeal to a certain type of voter in order to secure their vote. Republicans are a political party not a denomination of any religion. One could be an atheist and a republican, but not sure what the appeal would be.

I think he's talking about forcing religious institutions to provide birth control to it's employees.

Oh, I think he's talking about forcing people to pay taxes that fund abortions under the premise that Planned Parenthood also provides mammograms.

Oh, wait. Now I know. He doesn't want the US to acknowledge the beheading of American Christians in the Middle East because they were probably just asking for it. What religion is that of which you speak?

No, wait. Still the Democrats.

And though I doubt tax money is being used to pay for abortions, just what religion would " Dems" or whoever be using as a basis to control others by?

No they have adopted stances on policy to appeal to a certain type of voter in order to secure their vote. Republicans are a political party not a denomination of any religion. One could be an atheist and a republican, but not sure what the appeal would be.

The appeal would ostensibly be smaller government and lower taxes. That's got nothing to do with what you said:

"They appeal to religious folks desire to control others in the name of religion. That attracts a certain element to the party, and the party plays to it for votes . I'm not saying anything with regards to your question. Just making an overall observation. Yes they tend to be Christian."

Now, do you care to clarify that?