"They were missing a player...we brought our team"

Game plan before or after going up 16?

You don't think every team in the NFL wouldn't go into ball control mode at that point?

But your points are moot, anyway. The game is over. Furthermore, why would the D game plan be different? Everyone knows that the best way to beat Brady is to hit him hard an hit him often. That's what happened to Brissette. He got punished yesterday.

Why? Jacoby threw 4 times in the first half and missed wide open receivers. Also the pressure was only possible because he held the ball for like ever!! You make it sound like it was bam pressure right off the snap it was 1-2-3-4 bam pressure.. That's an eternity for Brady.

But forget how we got into this discussion as your right it's moot and over you guys won, I said congrats and said you guys dominated no idea how we got here again. Enjoy the victory and expect a close game in LA. Not from a let down but because their D is legit.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Jacoby threw 4 times in the first half and missed wide open receivers. Also the pressure was only possible because he held the ball for like ever!! You make it sound like it was bam pressure right off the snap it was 1-2-3-4 bam pressure.. That's an eternity for Brady.

But forget how we got into this discussion as your right it's moot and over you guys won, I said congrats and said you guys dominated no idea how we got here again. Enjoy the victory and expect a close game in LA. Not from a let down but because their D is legit.

Wide open receivers? Let's talk about the potential best player on our team going to IR. Or that the best player on our defense being suspended just like Brady.

We don't care that you had to deal with a rookie QB. We deal with that constantly, and we get no slack when you dominate.

I'm not sure we were watching the same game. They were on him like white on rice.

And I am struggling to understand why you keep bringing up Brady.

The Patriots fielded an offense led by a rookie QB with a bad thumb. And they got their asses kicked. It's really that simple.

If you think that the NE defense "held" the Bills to 16 points, then I'm hear to tell ya, you're wrong.

Wide open receivers? Let's talk about the potential best player on our team going to IR. Or that the best player on our defense being suspended just like Brady.

We don't care that you had to deal with a rookie QB. We deal with that constantly, and we get no slack when you dominate.

Huh? You missed my entire second part of the post. I wasn't asking for slack, but whine me a river about your injuries. We had Hightower out there at like 50% and really shouldn't have played, no Ninkovich our best D player as far as pressure goes. No BradyLewis, and playing a injured 3rd stinger. Everyone has injuries, I said you won and dominated stop being so dang sensitive. Never seen a place so touchy after a WIN!

Huh? You missed my entire second part of the post. I wasn't asking for slack, but whine me a river about your injuries. We had Hightower out there at like 50% and really shouldn't have played, no Ninkovich our best D player as far as pressure goes. No BradyLewis, and playing a injured 3rd stinger. Everyone has injuries, I said you won and dominated stop being so dang sensitive. Never seen a place so touchy after a WIN!

Not touchy, we just don't care that you were missing Brady, which you mentioned several times in 3 pages. It isn't a valid excuse. You were also critiquing our 16 points, well missing our best offensive player may have had something to do with that. But I'll go with we had the game in hand.

Although we got a ton of pressure on Brissett, missing Dareus may have interrupted the timing of those "wide open" throws that he missed.

My post had everything to do with your posts throughout the thread, and not that I am being "touchy". We both fielded the teams on the field that we could, and ours beat yours. Our excuses are only responses to your excuses.

Edited by What a Tuel

Not touchy, we just don't care that you were missing Brady, which you mentioned several times in 3 pages. It isn't a valid excuse. You were also critiquing our 16 points, well missing our best offensive player may have had something to do with that. But I'll go with we had the game in hand.

Although we got a ton of pressure on Brissett, missing Dareus may have interrupted the timing of those "wide open" throws that he missed.

My post had everything to do with your posts throughout the thread, and not that I am being "touchy". We both fielded the teams on the field that we could, and ours beat yours. Our excuses are only responses to your excuses.

The 16 points was to point out that even though you dominated you didn't score much, and put it back some the 13 points at half (when they wanted to score I don't buy the crap they just wanted control the ball and not score but that's moot) was hardly insurmountable. So the Pats D bent but didn't break its normal mode. The difference was the O couldn't do jack why? Because they called 3 passing plays and a bunch of stupid plays besides that. Jacoby was 3/3 so no idea why they didn't throw it say 10 times in the half. (Although his accuracy sucked later in the game thus missing open WR)

I also was commenting on others people's comments with mine so you can't take them out of context. again ya guys dominated and won, did something never before done at the razor and shut the pats out. So enjoy it.

Did you guys catch Rex Ryan's press conference where he said this about three times??? The second time he said it he kind of rubbed the side of his nose and smirked.

I think the whole game yesterday was a result of Rex telling his players that the loss of Sammy, or Dareus, or Ragland or Shaq...etc. is not an excuse. The team concept is more important than any one part.

The national media has been harping on the Patriots and their winning without Tom Brady. I'm pretty sure Rex was saying this repeatedly to reemphasize the fact that no single player makes up the Bills (not Sammy, or Dareus or our draft picks).

I do like the notion of the players gelling together as a team and not relying on any one player to achieve success.

Why is there always got to be some cryptic hidden meaning in what Rex always says? Every single quote gets analyzed over and over again to try and make it mean something other than what it blatantly states.

I mean it came across pretty clear that he was saying the win felt good, he knows they were missing Brady and this isn't the same team he will face in Buffalo next meeting, but it still feels good to get this win in Foxboro.

Why is there always got to be some cryptic hidden meaning in what Rex always says? Every single quote gets analyzed over and over again to try and make it mean something other than what it blatantly states.

I mean it came across pretty clear that he was saying the win felt good, he knows they were missing Brady and this isn't the same team he will face in Buffalo next meeting, but it still feels good to get this win in Foxboro.

Which is exactly how he should feel. He coached a damn good game, he always seems to against the Pats.

Which is exactly how he should feel. He coached a damn good game, he always seems to against the Pats.

Every week people on this board make threads to over analyze anything Rex says...to twist it into a negative. People were making moronic posts about how his joke on Edelman took away from game prep while completely ignoring Rex was in the room for his own mandated interview as soon as Edelmans was done and had nothing to do with taking time from something else.

Just gets real old with the over the top analysis of Rex statements. The OP here didn't start a negative thread about his comments (which might be a first on this board overall), but its again just more over analysis of pretty meaningless post game interview.

He said it felt great, but kept it in perspective and acknowledged they were missing their best player in Brady. Nothing more to see here.

And as much as I loved the win, we are clearly going to need to do more offensively when we meet in a few weeks in Buffalo. We wont beat a pissed off Brady led Pats team with 16 points even if our D plays lights out. I do think we can win the game, but our Offense needs to finish more drives because I can't see any team holding Brady to under 20 this year once he gets back.

Every week people on this board make threads to over analyze anything Rex says...to twist it into a negative. People were making moronic posts about how his joke on Edelman took away from game prep while completely ignoring Rex was in the room for his own mandated interview as soon as Edelmans was done and had nothing to do with taking time from something else.

Just gets real old with the over the top analysis of Rex statements. The OP here didn't start a negative thread about his comments (which might be a first on this board overall), but its again just more over analysis of pretty meaningless post game interview.

He said it felt great, but kept it in perspective and acknowledged they were missing their best player in Brady. Nothing more to see here.

And as much as I loved the win, we are clearly going to need to do more offensively when we meet in a few weeks in Buffalo. We wont beat a pissed off Brady led Pats team with 16 points even if our D plays lights out. I do think we can win the game, but our Offense needs to finish more drives because I can't see any team holding Brady to under 20 this year once he gets back.

To stay with your point I am waiting for the "this win is going to cost us" thread like the AZ game. That was hillarious to read.

And you said better than I have in other threads what I meant. Against Brady you need score TDs and not FG. Yestersay Rex had the perfect game plan for the QB they were facing .

Not over analyzing anything. Also not looking at this negatively at all. Maybe I'm the only one who listened to him repeat this same comment three times ("They were missing a player and we brought our team" or something like that). He used the exact same words three times and it was a message to the national media ("We have a team that doesn't rely on any one person") Sorry you feel this way...this thread was not meant to denigrate or criticize Rex...in fact, it was complimentary.

Not over analyzing anything. Also not looking at this negatively at all. Maybe I'm the only one who listened to him repeat this same comment three times ("They were missing a player and we brought our team" or something like that). He used the exact same words three times and it was a message to the national media ("We have a team that doesn't rely on any one person") Sorry you feel this way...this thread was not meant to denigrate or criticize Rex...in fact, it was complimentary.

Sorry man, my post wasn't really directed at you and I even said you were not making a negative comment on Rex. It was just about the huge emphasis this board plays on "interpreting" what Rex says to mean this or that...its usually spun to be negative even though yours was not.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Sorry man, my post wasn't really directed at you and I even said you were not making a negative comment on Rex. It was just about the huge emphasis this board plays on "interpreting" what Rex says to mean this or that...its usually spun to be negative even though yours was not.

He gets his breasts tied in a knot very easily. Wicked diva.

I disagree, I don't think your O game plan changes at all, now your D game plan yes. The O game plan still works even w Brady as you want to limit his touches.

Absolutely the game changes because the play calls would have changed. Assuming the score would have been different, which I am sure it would have been had Brady played, the Bills very likely would have been more aggressive in the second half of the game. There would have been more passing and play action. The game would have been a lot different.

Even Rex's decision to kick the field goal instead of taking that penalty that would have given the Bills another shot on 3rd down might have been different. Rex may have opted to take the 3rd down retry if he had the mindset that he was going to need to score 30 points to win that game. Against Brissett he probably felt he could win that game with 20 points. Obviously he got it done with even less. The play calling would have been different. Just about everything that happened would have likely happened differently than it did. Nobody will ever know for sure what the outcome would have been. But the play calling most certainly would have been different.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/10/02/new-england-patriots-loss-deflategate-tom-brady-bill-belichick

This article kind of annoyed me. Read it, and let me know how you feel.

You can't have it both ways; you can't say how awesome BB is and the pats are when they destroy the Texans last week, and then basically say the only reason they lost vs. the Bills is b/c they were missing Brady. The author even went so far as to mention how the Pats were also missing Ninkovich, but fails to mention how we were missing: Sammy Watkins, Dareus, our 1st round pick, and our 2nd round pick.

Expect it, until they miss the playoffs. These stories write themselves. Rarely are there new narratives in the NFL, just recycled headlines with names and places changed from year to year.

Since the media provides so much coverage, it is not necessary to actually provide truly valuable coverage of an event like the Bills/Pats* game because there are hundreds of games per year. The article could actually say, "Blah blah blah, NFL, blah blah blah, Bill Beliache, blah blah blah, Marcia Brady, blah blah blah, Rex, Rob, Tyrod, Shady, blah blah blah." and almost no one would actually notice.

That is why the National Anthem thing is such a big deal to the media. It truly is new news. With that said, the media saturation will quickly result in a whiplash of resentment from the consumers who grow bored. Kaepernick would get more bang for his buck if he stopped protesting the anthem and moved onto another creative method of gaining attention for his cause.

To stay with your point I am waiting for the "this win is going to cost us" thread like the AZ game. That was hillarious to read.

And you said better than I have in other threads what I meant. Against Brady you need score TDs and not FG. Yestersay Rex had the perfect game plan for the QB they were facing .

You guys had a similar one in "this loss is going to help us" on your forum.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/we-needed-this-loss.1133916/

Shouted down the same way as ours haha.

Did you guys catch Rex Ryan's press conference where he said this about three times??? The second time he said it he kind of rubbed the side of his nose and smirked.

I think the whole game yesterday was a result of Rex telling his players that the loss of Sammy, or Dareus, or Ragland or Shaq...etc. is not an excuse. The team concept is more important than any one part.

The national media has been harping on the Patriots and their winning without Tom Brady. I'm pretty sure Rex was saying this repeatedly to reemphasize the fact that no single player makes up the Bills (not Sammy, or Dareus or our draft picks).

I do like the notion of the players gelling together as a team and not relying on any one player to achieve success.

Yes, that was huge.

Stop it. You're making the Houston Texans feel really bad.

:lol::lol::lol:

Texans played pissed off football yesterday bc of it. meanwhile Elway Goat is somewhere looking at his rookie QB manage the game well and throw TDs watching on like...

hzaJ4Hn.png

The o-line was phenomenal. Tyrod Taylor was the best I have ever seen him play - and I mean that. Defense, Offense and Special Teams were all great. It was a great team win.

Oh crap ... Looks like I said all of this to begin with. Oh well.

:lol::lol::lol:

If this continues and we get better looks like you might be donning that Tyrod jersey at the home stretch of the season!

This guy is like a smart Jimmy Spaghnoli.

I'll preface this with saying that this was a great win and an impressive performance by offense, defense and special teams.

But let's be honest. We didn't beat the Patriots minus Brady.

We beat the Patriots minus Brady, Gronk, Garappolo and with a 3rd string rookie QB who couldn't even grip the ball because of his thumb.

Well they've beaten the Bills at Gillete with Bledsoe, Travis Brown, JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Thad Lewis...

I think Edwards and Losman were rookies when they started those games, Travis Brown and Thad not much more... Losing always has more excuses.

What's the Patriots record v Bills minus Kelly?