Tyrod's development

Luxy312

The lack of turnovers is a very underrated part of his game. Tyrod takes care of the ball. Even more important as a winning combination if the D keeps up the quality play of the last 2 weeks.

There are still doubts if he can progress to the next level, but many QBs make many more mistakes as they are learning and gaining experience

That's very true. He has one turnover on a ridiculous catch/into the defender should have dropped.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did it against a top 5 defense ON THE ROAD. I was impressed and I'll admit a little surprised.

Sustained long drives and zero sacks.

2 sacks...2 of the plays he ran out of bounds were technically sacks but they were losses of 1 yard and 2 yards

Edited by matter2003

It has to remembered that he played against one of the best and smartest defenses in the league. TT is not a natural pocket passer and will never be exceptional at that type of play. He certainly has room to grow in that part of his game. Where he excels is when he is moving and throws. What he does really well is keep his eyes downfield and then hit the receiver.

TT is not a precision passer and probably will never be. That is not to suggest that he can't be more accurate the more he plays. When he is moving he makes the defense hesitate. That is the best style for him.

It seems since Roman was dispatched the play of TT and the offense is noticeably crisper. There is less outsmarting oneself and confusion. More often than not simpler is better.

It was evident that spraying the ball around more and getting the ball to Woods and Clay opens up the field for the other receivers and runners.

One thing I noticed today about Tyrod today is that it seemed like the Patriots tried taking the same strategy that the Ravens did on defense. It seemed like they were trying to take pass rush pressure off of Tyrod and forcing him to play pocket quarterback. And it didn't work for the Patriots. Tyrod beat them at it.

Tyrod did break/leave the pocket a number of times, but those looked like a decision he made to rather than being forced to. So, in that respect, this is a good sign.

I'm still very unhappy he misses easy throws when he just doesn't set his feet when he has time or he seems jittery. I liked a lot of his game today though. He threw a bunch of bad passes.

He was very effective today but left a lot of yards on the field.......and in the process probably a couple TD's.......with those high sailing, back-leg throws.

Correctable but he needs to start doing it if he's going to take the next step.

He did it against a top 5 defense ON THE ROAD. I was impressed and I'll admit a little surprised.

Sustained long drives and zero sacks.

The Patriots are actually 16th in total defense after three games. Still, it was a great win on the road and the first ever shutout of the Patriots by a Buffalo Bills team and in New England no less, afaik.

Looks like the Bills didn't miss Sammy that much the last two games! Was the offense trying too hard to get him the ball the first two games??

He does some things well and some very well, but he still doesn't either see or refuses to throw to the middle of the field or hit the seams for big gainers. Everything is short or sideline throws. It's working right now but, IMO it's not a recipe for sustained success.

The Patriots are actually 16th in total defense after three games. Still, it was a great win on the road and the first ever shutout of the Patriots by a Buffalo Bills team and in New England no less, afaik.

Looks like the Bills didn't miss Sammy that much the last two games! Was the offense trying too hard to get him the ball the first two games??

The difference in the look of the offense has more to do with the quicker pace of the offensive. When Roman was making the calls there was too much delaying with getting the calls in to the qb and to a lesser extent not allowing the qb to make the adjustments or changing the calls due to the play clock running out. There is a noticeably difference with Lynn making the calls.

The plays are the same but the ball is being spread around more. In addition, there are more north/south runs and less wide sweep runs under Lynn. With McCoy there is less dancing and more decisive moves to take the play forward instead of wider. It's still early to make conclusive judgments but the nuanced changes are making a difference.

For those saying we scored one TD that was what was the situation called for. The Bills had stifled their offense all day and chipping in field goals was all they had to do. If they were scoring our offense would have been more aggressive in certain situations.

For those saying we scored one TD that was what was the situation called for. The Bills had stifled their offense all day and chipping in field goals was all they had to do. If they were scoring our offense would have been more aggressive in certain situations.

I'd like to believe that, but I am not sure you are right there.

The Bills should definitely have scored more than one TD today, especially considering they kept the other team out of the endzone 100% of the time. The Bills should have scored a lot more to be honest.

He definitely did some good things but we scored one td. He is very inconsistent. I would not be comfortable paying big money to a guy who has passed for under 150 yards in 2 out of 4 games.

Good news is he has 12 (hopefully more) to prove to be more of a franchise qb. He needs to get much better in the big boy qb areas, the middle of the field and the red zone.

I'm not sure if we beat the Pats and Brady with one td.

If Garapolo, or Brady play we don't win that game. Tie Rod protected the ball, made a lot of short throws and the let the play makers, make plays. It was a good team win, but expectations need to be tempered. This was a game we should have won, anything less would have been brutal.

Offensively, they got A bit conservative in the 2nd half but ate clock and got the w. He missed a few throws, all qbs do, but penalties took us out of drives more than anything. Things could be worse, fitztragic has 9 ints in the last 2 games

Lynn is maximizing what Tyrod does well....rolling the pocket, throwing on the run, designed QB runs, QB option runs to keep defenses off balance...

Quick slants against predetermined coverages to get the ball out...even a WR screen!!

That is how you play smart football...the defense wants to give us a free 8-10 yards? Take it! Move the chains and keep going.

Too many times Roman appeared to want to be seen as the smartest coach on the field with some of the play designs and play calls instead of playing simple common sense football.

less thinking, more playing is doing the Bills Offense pretty well.

Edited by matter2003

Lynn is maximizing what Tyrod does well....rolling the pocket, throwing on the run, designed QB runs, QB option runs to keep defenses off balance...

Quick slants against predetermined coverages to get the ball out...even a WR screen!!

That is how you play smart football...the defense wants to give us a free 8-10 yards? Take it! Move the chains and keep going.

Too many times Roman appeared to want to be seen as the smartest coach on the field with some of the play designs and play calls instead of playing simple common sense football.

less thinking, more playing is doing the Bills Offense pretty well.

Exactly. Well put.

He definitely did some good things but we scored one td. He is very inconsistent. I would not be comfortable paying big money to a guy who has passed for under 150 yards in 2 out of 4 games.

Good news is he has 12 (hopefully more) to prove to be more of a franchise qb. He needs to get much better in the big boy qb areas, the middle of the field and the red zone.

I'm not sure if we beat the Pats and Brady with one td.

TT definitely didn't see Clay open dragging across the field on a key 3rd down early . Hit him in stride there and he likely walks into the end zone , at least a first down. TT threw to his left incomplete and the Bills had to settle for 3. That kind of thing gets you beat vs starting NFL QBs, much less vs Brady. TT still has a lot to get better at before the Bills pony up that $40 Mil.

Uhhh no on Sammy. They barely tried to get him the ball at all. We don't know if that was Romans fault or TT. Make no mistake, this O could always use Sammy out there. Guys will have to step up in his absence as coverages are easier for opposing D s now.

If Garapolo, or Brady play we don't win that game. Tie Rod protected the ball, made a lot of short throws and the let the play makers, make plays. It was a good team win, but expectations need to be tempered. This was a game we should have won, anything less would have been brutal.

And you know this how? Brady struggled mightily against us last year up there...and Garapollo has never faced a Ryan defense before. They got physically beat down by us today on both sides of the ball to the point they looked dejected out there much of the 4th quarter like they just wanted to go home. I don't think Garopallo would have changed that