Ways to look at today's result.

JMora

I am really enjoying the win today!

Sure, there were many plays that could have gone better for us, just as there were many others that could have gone better for the Pats*.

What is the main reason you watch the game every sunday?

Do you want the Bills to win and enjoy that sweet sensation that has become too scarce for our fan base?

Do you want the Bills to suck/lose so you can come here and prove everyone you're right about ______ (Rex, Whaley, Tyrod... fill in the blank any way you like)?

For me, it all comes down to the Bills winning: first, the actual or upcoming game. Second, winning enough games to get us to the playoffs. Third, winning the Super Bowl.

I don't have any interest in Rex leaving or staying, Whaley being proven a genius or a sucky GM, Tyrod being the answer instead of anyone (or the other way around). My main interest is the Bills getting a win. And by no means I'm trying to prove that I'm right and that everyone that thinks or feels differently than I do is wrong, I just think that we can get too caught up in our struggle to be proven right, losing focus of what we all really want: Bills wins. As many as we can get of them.

So, yes, Rex won, Whaley won, Tyrod won, Sammy won, you won, I won. We all won. Because we are all Buffalo Bills at heart, and in the end, that's all that really matters.

Enjoy this win, especially since we beat the Pats*, and shut them out. That happens about once every 10-15 years. So don't miss on enjoying this beautiful Sunday!

2-2, always better than 1-3.

Edited by JMora

You can say all you want about Brady not playing (although it was 100% Brady's fault so the Pats should get no excuse for that. And also Brissett was injured but even if he was healthy he probably would not have been effective. But Brady and Brisset had nothing to do with the Bills having three 10+ play scoring drives early in the game, which really was the diffence.

I am waiting for a thread to say this win will hurt the Bills...

This win might hurt us. We'll never clean house if we keep winning.

Sure, this win MAY hurt us in the long run. We can not tell for sure right now.

But also, this win MAY help us in the long run. It can also be the turning point for this franchise. The possibility's there. It doesn't matter if we all acknowledge it (I truly believe it matters if we all believe it), both (hurt or help) are real possibilities and we will not know which one it will be for a long time. So, why bother?

Edited by JMora

You can say all you want about Brady not playing (although it was 100% Brady's fault so the Pats should get no excuse for that. And also Brissett was injured but even if he was healthy he probably would not have been effective. But Brady and Brisset had nothing to do with the Bills having three 10+ play scoring drives early in the game, which really was the diffence.

The Bills were the Bully today. The were by far the much more physical team.

Yea Bills dominated in ToP 36 min to 23 min.

The Bills' order was to defeat whoever dressed in Pats* uniforms. They can't be at fault for someone not dressing. They had to win against whoever lined up against them, and so they did.

Edited by JMora

The Bills' order was to defeat whoever dressed in Pats* uniforms. They can't be at fault for someone not dressing. They had to win against whoever lined up against them, and so they did.

Brady or not, no one gave them a chance.

Actually I just realized how this win will hurt us. Now Brady is going to be really really mad.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

its belicheat being an arogant pr-k.. why not go out and get QB when you knew jimmy G wasnt going to play.. he just thinks he is doent have too.. his coaching prowess will overcome it.. screw him.. not may opportunities to gloat, ill enjoy this.

Edited by dwight in philly

its belicheat being an arogant pr-k.. why not go out and get QB when you knew jimmy G wasnt going to play.. he just thinks he is doent have too.. his coaching prowess will overcome it.. screw him.. not may opportunities to gloat, ill enjoy this.

That's exactly as I thought. I think the fact they were 3-0 was the major factor in that decision knowing he would get Brady back and the Jets, Bills and Dolphins not being obvious threats to the Pats in the division. It's impossible to know but I thought it was obvious that neither Garappolo nor Brisset would be able to throw with serious injuries to their throwing arms and hands.

Someone needs to make a GIF of Belichick slamming his tablet.

You're right and I say fire Belichik.

Question for you. If Brady or even Jimmy G were playing would you have been comfortable with just 13 points on such a dominating first half? Not an excuse but those drives have to finish and make it at least 17 - 0 at half. I guess what I am saying against a good/great QB those stalled drives can come back to bite you in the ass..