Best/Worst Concerts You've Ever Seen

Chiming in to defend My Morning Jacket who I've seen twice and is currently my favorite band. Youtube the Red Rocks shows from May of this year and the Lock'in Festival from a month ago. Okonokos is probably their best live show ever. I know you mention that Dylan was the reason for the Worst but I felt compelled.

No reason to defend MMJ, as (I stated) they were very good (as were Wilco). Thankfully, Dylan was last so we could leave.

I would see MMJ again.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've mentioned I typically find myself on the rail and usually at The Fox in Oakland. I've befriended several photographers that are at most of the jam band shows I see. Stuart Levine is the band photographer for CRB. I've not seen them but he obviously speaks very highly of them.

http://stuartlevinephotography.com/

Speaking of jam bands, I heard that Phish is coming out with a new song soon.

I'd rather watch paint dry.

If I ever went I'd spend more time watching the crowd. I saw String Cheese Incident this year. It was the most "interesting" crowd I've ever seen. Halloween came real early this year. What a bunch of nutcases and pretentious nut cases at that.

Chick up front: How many times have you seen Cheese?

Me: (Cheese?) :rolleyes: My first time.

Chick up front: You've never seen Cheese before??? :o

Me: Nope

<long pause>

Chick up front: You like jam bands right?

Me: I wouldn't be here if I didn't

Oh and to show how out of touch they were one of the musicians came out in a Bronco's jersey. Dude........this is Raider territory. If that had been a metal show someone would have ripped off his leg and beat him to death with it. The stoners were oblivious. Oh wow man...pretty colors.

Best shows I've seen in the past 10 years have been Garbage at the 9:30 Club in DC last year & at the Power Plant in Baltimore this year. Shirley Manson just owns the stage, one of the greatest front-"men" ever. The band rocked so hard & loud and with a great, great light show, both times it was a total audio & visual assault in such small venues.

If I ever went I'd spend more time watching the crowd. I saw String Cheese Incident this year. It was the most "interesting" crowd I've ever seen. Halloween came real early this year. What a bunch of nutcases and pretentious nut cases at that.

Chick up front: How many times have you seen Cheese?

Me: (Cheese?) :rolleyes: My first time.

Chick up front: You've never seen Cheese before??? :o

Me: Nope

<long pause>

Chick up front: You like jam bands right?

Me: I wouldn't be here if I didn't

Oh and to show how out of touch they were one of the musicians came out in a Bronco's jersey. Dude........this is Raider territory. If that had been a metal show someone would have ripped off his leg and beat him to death with it. The stoners were oblivious. Oh wow man...pretty colors.

I also saw Cheese at Red Rocks in July.....that crowd was ODD for sure.

We left about an hour in to go drink wine. Not a huge fan of the band. Red Rocks is truly amazing. The scenery in that part of the country is unimaginably beautiful.

Memorable concerts while I was in college.

:thumbsup: Allman Brothers played at homecoming concert in October 1971,

Sadly, Duane Allman was killed the following weekend in a motorcycle wreck.

Luther Allison was the warm up act and was so popular, he was asked to

headline Homecoming the following year.

:thumbdown: Quicksilver Messenger Service. 1972 I and a large portion of the crowd

left after the third song. < Yawn >

Just saw a show last night that definitely ranks among the top. Lake Street Dive who are amazing on their own, Rachel Price can sing like nobody's business and, at the risk of jeopardizing my future presidential aspirations, is one sexy woman :wub: . The opening act turned out to be the biggest and most pleasant surprise i have had musically in a long time. Rubblebucket, a 7 piece, psychadelic, funk, dance band, i have never seen so much energy from a band. what an pleasant surprise of an evening all around.

"Hello Cleveland"-------------- Spinal Tap

Yes!

The best was when Spinal Tap was on The Simpsons.

"We were driving down (looks at notes written on hand) I-39 Today." Crowd cheers.

"And we were saying to each other, 'Wow, those people in (hand) Shelbyville really knew how to rock!'" Boos.

"But we were wrong. You people in (hand) Springfield rock way harder than they do!"

Yes!

The best was when Spinal Tap was on The Simpsons.

"We were driving down (looks at notes written on hand) I-39 Today." Crowd cheers.

"And we were saying to each other, 'Wow, those people in (hand) Shelbyville really knew how to rock!'" Boos.

"But we were wrong. You people in (hand) Springfield rock way harder than they do!"

That's why I thought it was pathetic some of the thing Mick was saying when the Stones played in Buffalo this past summer (or whenever it was).

Ouch. That's almost as bad as when I saw "Skynyrd" and Johnny VanZant said "Play pretty now for New York."

Yeah, I saw them there opening for Petty or somebody like that, and they just kept saying New York. That was the first thing I thought of when I read the "Darien Lake" post.

Yeah, I saw them there opening for Petty or somebody like that, and they just kept saying New York. That was the first thing I thought of when I read the "Darien Lake" post.

To be fair, it works most places. Especially in the South. I live in Texas, and I saw ACDC. When he sang "Went through to Texas, yeah Texas and we had some fun." The place went nuts.

To be fair, it works most places. Especially in the South. I live in Texas, and I saw ACDC. When he sang "Went through to Texas, yeah Texas and we had some fun." The place went nuts.

Well .....