Jerry Hughes reportedly #2 in NFL in pressures

Rubes

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are for sure. I underestimated the impact of losing KW had on the defense last year. I'm now remembering what kind of animal he is. I hope he can remain healthy this year. *knock on wood.

KW = rolling ball of knives. I didn't know he was a champion swimmer. Makes sense when you watch his moves.

Why am I not surprised that you knew this? :lol:

Just jealousy on my end. I am walking around with my 16 handicap shaking my head at a 300lb+ man shooting rounds in the 60's.

I saw that article last year and thought that it was crazy to see how good some of those guys are. I knew that Scobee was good. They have a tournament every year for the kickers, punters and long snappers at TPC and he wins every year. Hartley played with him a few times and said that he is unbelievable. I think that he said he played a round with him where he shot 63.

Jerry has gotten much better at controlling his emotions, specifically after the whistle. The 15 yard personal fouls for pushing someone or talking too much are the penalties that drive me crazy. I'm not going to get too upset about him trying to strip the ball and accidentally ripping off the QB's helmet. He needs to learn from that and try to be smarter next time, but it wasn't one of his classic, mind numbing 15 yard penalties.

Jerry has gotten much better at controlling his emotions, specifically after the whistle. The 15 yard personal fouls for pushing someone or talking too much are the penalties that drive me crazy. I'm not going to get too upset about him trying to strip the ball and accidentally ripping off the QB's helmet. He needs to learn from that and try to be smarter next time, but it wasn't one of his classic, mind numbing 15 yard penalties.

He gets flagged a lot. But some of those PF calls were ridiculous. I get it, that once you've got the "dirty" label, they have a closer eye on you. But I remember him getting flagged when it seemed all he did was ass slap a teammate after a sack. He just doesn't get away with much. I wouldn't say he's a dirty player. But maybe just a bonehead at times.

He gets flagged a lot. But some of those PF calls were ridiculous. I get it, that once you've got the "dirty" label, they have a closer eye on you. But I remember him getting flagged when it seemed all he did was ass slap a teammate after a sack. He just doesn't get away with much. I wouldn't say he's a dirty player. But maybe just a bonehead at times.

It's hard to argue against that right now. Hopefully he continues to keep it together and avoids the personal fouls.

I imagine we're thinking of the same PF he got when he was congratulating a teammate after a sack. I think that was last year, maybe two years ago. I remember there was a member of the other team beside them as well, my only guess was the official thought he was taunting the other player.

This isn't directed towards you, just in general. I don't like the dirty label for Jerry, no matter what he's done. Bonehead or too intense, whatever, but I don't recall anything dirty from Jerry over the years.

It's hard to argue against that right now. Hopefully he continues to keep it together and avoids the personal fouls.

I imagine we're thinking of the same PF he got when he was congratulating a teammate after a sack. I think that was last year, maybe two years ago. I remember there was a member of the other team beside them as well, my only guess was the official thought he was taunting the other player.

This isn't directed towards you, just in general. I don't like the dirty label for Jerry, no matter what he's done. Bonehead or too intense, whatever, but I don't recall anything dirty from Jerry over the years.

You could argue any late hit is dirty, and he's certainly had a handful of those.

I remember arguing that Hughes might not be the best scheme fit for Rex and that I'd consider not re-signing him.

Jerry shut me up, good and proper. Never been so happy to be wrong.

There were a lot of people who thought that.

I wasn't one of them. His re-signing and at the price we got him was great work by Doug and co.

Yes he has. The level of his play this year has been incredible, as he's entering his athletic prime.

His downside has never been his ability, his intensity, his passion, his productivity, or the ability to be a dynamic playmaker who can dominate the field of play.

His downside is that he hasn't been able to control himself after the whistle to date.

If he could rectify that, he could wind up putting together the type of career that puts him on the Wall, or even more.

The wall?!? I'd settle for Bryce Paup ish