Should the Bills try & trade for Romo in the offseason?

Jerry Jabber

Should the Bills try & trade for Romo in the offseason?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills try & trade for Romo in the offseason?

• Yes, he would instantly boost the passing game
    • No, he's too injury prone and too old (call Life Alert!)

it never ceases to amaze me how the posters here dont want a seasoned vet who is old but miles better than our continuing merry go round of project qbs. I remember the same type of poll 5 years ago when carson palmer wanted out of cincy. Everyone here said no, that he sucked and was washed up. I know he sucked sun but hes 5 years older now and has thrown for thousands more yards and probably a 50 more tds in 5 years then our qbs have combined.

I also remember our best seasons in 16 years being the seasons with other old washed up qbs and actually going 9-7 instead of 7-9 like we do every year with draft pick qbs. The only 2 winning seasons in 16 years were lead by Bledsoe and Orton. But we couldnt wait to jettison Bledsoe the next season and trip over ourselves to replace him with the great JP Losman, then Edwards the Courageous . Jeesh.

I would love to have romo until we get lucky drafting some qb in the late rounds that comes in and actually plays like a real QB.

edit I see ryan l billz agrees with this so now Im thinking my whole point may be wrong.

Guess they aren't gonna ban you again for being yourself ? Edited by Ryan L Billz

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Dak Prescott is the man in Dallas now. Should the Bills try and trade for Romo in the offseason, even if he only plays for two or three years, or is he too injury prone and too old? If he plays for two to three years, it gives the Bills time to properly groom a QB. Plus, Romo would get a lot of production out of Watkins and Clay as he would instantly upgrade the Bills passing game.

lol, after 3 games.

It looks like Dak Prescott is the man in Dallas now. Should the Bills try and trade for Romo in the offseason, even if he only plays for two or three years, or is he too injury prone and too old? If he plays for two to three years, it gives the Bills time to properly groom a QB. Plus, Romo would get a lot of production out of Watkins and Clay as he would instantly upgrade the Bills passing game.

I would say no:

1. He has never won anything despite playing a moderate division, often overall weak division, and with lots of talent around him.

2. He has choked in important moments plenty of times.

3. His salary is retarded for what he is and where he is in his career. One of the dumbest contracts in the NFL.

4. His body has failed him. He can not stay on the field, so even if he was good, he doesn't do any good on the sideline for most or all of the season.

Most importantly, we have a young QB we are committed to that had a winning record as a first year starter, made a Pro Bowl, is a dual threat QB, and led this team to two consecutive 30 point games despite missing his starting 2 offensive tackles, his #1 WR played hindered 2 games and missed the 3rd game, etc. Taylor just completed his 17th game as a starting QB, so lets just let the season play out and see what Taylor can do before we start shopping for another QB...and if Taylor doesn't work out, still a big no to Romo and his lack of big game leadership or durability.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I would say no:

1. He has never won anything despite playing a moderate division, often overall weak division, and with lots of talent around him.

2. He has choked in important moments plenty of times.

3. His salary is retarded for what he is and where he is in his career. One of the dumbest contracts in the NFL.

4. His body has failed him. He can not stay on the field, so even if he was good, he doesn't do any good on the sideline for most or all of the season.

Most importantly, we have a young QB we are committed to that had a winning record as a first year starter, made a Pro Bowl, is a dual threat QB, and led this team to two consecutive 30 point games despite missing his starting 2 offensive tackles, his #1 WR played hindered 2 games and missed the 3rd game, etc. Taylor just completed his 17th game as a starting QB, so lets just let the season play out and see what Taylor can do before we start shopping for another QB...and if Taylor doesn't work out, still a big no to Romo and his lack of big game leadership or durability.

I agree that Romo's contract is ridiculous, but he would be an upgrade over Taylor. Watkins and Clay would have career numbers under Romo.

I think it's possible the rest of the league has figured out Taylor and try to make him play like a QB. The Ravens know Taylor inside and out as he was their backup for four years and ran the scout team and were able to shut him down. I'm hoping Anthony Lynn will try and put Taylor in situations that utilizes his strengths, but so far this season, he seems like he's a glorified JP Losman (throws a good deep ball, but is very inaccurate with everything else).

I agree that Romo's contract is ridiculous, but he would be an upgrade over Taylor. Watkins and Clay would have career numbers under Romo.

I think it's possible the rest of the league has figured out Taylor and try to make him play like a QB. The Ravens know Taylor inside and out as he was their backup for four years and ran the scout team and were able to shut him down. I'm hoping Anthony Lynn will try and put Taylor in situations that utilizes his strengths, but so far this season, he seems like he's a glorified JP Losman (throws a good deep ball, but is very inaccurate with everything else).

How in the world could you count on the guy staying healthy given the recent back issues that have occurred in the last few seasons?

Because 3 games (1 which was 297 yds and 3 TD's) is absolutely enough time to decide to dump an All Pro QB... I am convinced Kelly would have been run out of town if Bills "Fans" had ready access to the Internet in the 80's.

Edited by jms62

Because 3 games (1 which was 297 yds and 3 TD's) is absolutely enough time to decide to dump an All Pro QB... I am convinced Kelly would have been run out of town if Bills "Fans" had ready access to the Internet in the 80's.

:huh: Wait, did you just call TT an All Pro QB?

You conveniently forgot about week 1 (111 yards) and week 3 (119 yards). Taylor has been badly missing close to intermediate range targets. But since you want to focus on Week 2, look at how many three and outs the Bills had. Taylor's stats were inflated by two deep scoring plays (not that it's a bad thing), but we need more all around consistency at the position, not a one dimensional passer (only being good at the deep ball).

Tyrod is not and has never been an "All-Pro". Just because he made the Pro Bowl as an alternate after other QBs opted out it does not mean he has reached a level of excellence as one of the league's best. He has quite a bit to prove and thus far this season he has simply not impressed.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Tyrod is not and has never been an "All-Pro". Just because he made the Pro Bowl as an alternate after other QBs opted out, does not mean he has reached a level of excellence as one of the league's best. He has quite a bit to prove and thus far this season, he has simply not impressed.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

What in the @#$%? Is this a serious question? Dallas doesn't even want Romo.

Guess the Bills should have gave up on Eric Wood and Marcus Easley after they had injuries two years in a row. :doh:

I'm sure Cardinals fans said the same thing about Carson Palmer.

Edited by Jerry Jabber