Should the Bills try & trade for Romo in the offseason?

Jerry Jabber

Should the Bills try & trade for Romo in the offseason?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills try & trade for Romo in the offseason?

• Yes, he would instantly boost the passing game
    • No, he's too injury prone and too old (call Life Alert!)

Yeah, an unexpected direction given their production. Was this move a shock or taken well with the locals?

at the time? i think very little concern. Hes been a good coach, given the roster they have. i think theyd be very well served to bring in a new gm to spend the $40m in dead money (ill just keep echoing that 25% of their cap is players not on the team anymore) and keep coaches hands off the check book at this point but you may see a pretty quick turnaround if they hit on a few signings next year.

at the current moment? the citys a bit antsy at 0-3 for the saints, and LSU struggling. i think just frustration with football in general more than him.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the time? i think very little concern. Hes been a good coach, given the roster they have. i think theyd be very well served to bring in a new gm to spend the $40m in dead money (ill just keep echoing that 25% of their cap is players not on the team anymore) and keep coaches hands off the check book at this point but you may see a pretty quick turnaround if they hit on a few signings next year.

at the current moment? the citys a bit antsy at 0-3 for the saints, and LSU struggling. i think just frustration with football in general more than him.

Les Miles to the Saints? :lol:

Speaking of the Saints and their defensive woes, did anyone here Collinsworth say that Byrd continues to be a liability in the open field after he got juked by Freeman?? Dude was a much better player in Buffalo it seems for whatever reason.

i think a combo of a few things....

at corner they were weak going into the year with Breaux and PJ Williams (both out) and at SS Vaccaro has been inconsistent (and out last night too). that means byrd was literally the only starter in the secondary last night. Sterling Moore was a starter yesterday for reference. at safety, its easy to be taken out of the game when the entire field is open for making plays.

pass rush has been weak up front

and honestly, i think its got him just tentative and playing poorly being in the mix of all that. hes making errors that he shouldnt -- not great angles, out of position, but i think part is simply not trusting the system and feeling pressure to make plays... and its not worked.

For everyone saying no, why not? His age and injury history? If he can pass a physical and still sling it, I feel like the upside outweighs the downside.. by a lot.

hes a very good qb -- just very unreliable health at the moment. Im not normally one to site weather but id have to wonder how hed deal in the cold too given how beaten up he is at this point.

hes a very good qb -- just very unreliable health at the moment. Im not normally one to site weather but id have to wonder how hed deal in the cold too given how beaten up he is at this point.

I feel like Romo is a decent cold weather QB. Yes he a liability when it comes to his health. But say he does stay healthy for 14 or 15 games, what do you think the ceiling for the team would be? This would be a talented team as any he's been a part of, IMO. I'd still be in favor of drafting a qb in rounds 1-3, as he wouldn't be a long term solution. But the passing game would be something that would strike fear into opposing defenses. He would instantly make the team better.

Bills should continue to draft a QB a year for at least the next two years. The Bills need to stock the position with youth and high ceiling potential. Depending on how this year turns out -- the 17 draft could be a year to draft early (1st or 2nd) (class appears to be deep - could get quality in the early 2nd) and then draft a QB in the in later rounds for 18.

If Tyrod continues to be average or below this season -- renegotiate the deal to reduce and delay the guaranteed money and keep him for next year. He and his agent will be willing to do this if they can collect $8-9 million or so next year after an average or below average year. That's the great thing about the renegotiated Tyrod deal-- the Bills have a lot of leverage. No matter what the Bills do -- Tyrod is good starter plan for next year. If he turns it on the last 13 games -- then guarantee the contract for the next two as the deal allows.

Bringing in a vet like Romo does not make sense -- Bills need to go young and healthy..My opinion is if the Bills are going to suck the next two years (like I think the Bills are......in the range of 3-13 to 6-10) then do it with a solid eye to the future for the most important position.

Its a crap shoot sometimes tho. Goff and Wentz go 1st and 2nd, Wentz looking to be the better of the 2. Dak goes in the 4th, seems to be playing better then all of them, AND Jurruh was bitching for Paxton because of the hype but I have a feeling Dak is gonna turn out to have the better career, hes just much more accurate.

You got a point tho, cant win the QB lottery if you dont PLAY the QB lottery. Tyrod might be the exception, before you crucify the guy have some member berries, only in his 2nd season.

jordanheadline.jpg

Edited by Marty McFly

For everyone saying no, why not? His age and injury history? If he can pass a physical and still sling it, I feel like the upside outweighs the downside.. by a lot.

I voted no (and was surprised by how many didn't), but it all depends. It would never happen, but for a 7th round pick and vet minimum with huge incentives, sure. The guy can't stay on the field and he isn't get any younger. The question didn't get into specific costs.