Lower Bowl - Security Asked Us to Sit Down

jimmy10

It's a huge burden to sit in the seat provided? Golf is a standing sport for 17 holes because there are no seats. There are bleachers on the 18th and people in them, guess what, sit.

Strange thing happens in the bleachers. When something happens, the crowd rises and cheers. You're up and down the entire time. Just like, wait for it, a football game.

It's a huge burden to sit in the seat provided? Golf is a standing sport for 17 holes because there are no seats. There are bleachers on the 18th and people in them, guess what, sit.

Except when something happens and they stand, just like what happens at football games.

Is this so hard to understand? Nothing is changing here people except that between when the Bills were last good and people stood in 1995 and the current run of not-completely-blowing-chunks performances, there was not a lot to stand for. When you go to a football game, you do a lot of standing. It's just how it is. In Buffalo and everywhere.

If you don't want to stand and don't qualify for the special needs seating, stay home. This is not rude but a fact. Things I don't recommend if you can't stand for 40 minutes:

climbing a mountain

full court basketball

long walks

stand up desks

yoga

attending a football game above high school level

But people in the lower bowl arent using them EVER. I've sat in section 129 the past 3 seasons, and for the home opener this year. There is no sitting. You might, might see the section sit down during a long review or commercial break, but after a minute or two it's right back to standing.

We aren't talking about a good balance, or even what you described in Philly. This is non-stop standing from anthem to the final whistle.

That's awesome and a sign of a great fan base. Good on ya Bills fans.

But people in the lower bowl arent using them EVER. I've sat in section 129 the past 3 seasons, and for the home opener this year. There is no sitting. You might, might see the section sit down during a long review or commercial break, but after a minute or two it's right back to standing.

We aren't talking about a good balance, or even what you described in Philly. This is non-stop standing from anthem to the final whistle.

Which is why, after a brief foray into the lower bowl I've retreated back to the upper deck.

Strange thing happens in the bleachers. When something happens, the crowd rises and cheers. You're up and down the entire time. Just like, wait for it, a football game.

Except when something happens and they stand, just like what happens at football games.

No, you're missing the point or being purposely obtuse. It's not sit-stand-sit-stand. Or standing "when something exciting happens". It is standing from 12:55pm to 4:15pm. Nonstop.

No, you're missing the point or being purposely obtuse. It's not sit-stand-sit-stand. Or standing "when something exciting happens". It is standing from 12:55pm to 4:15pm. Nonstop.

Really? That's great.

Or a sign that a few people in the front want to stand so everyone has to.

From the field to the nosebleeds in a wave. Someone has to take control of the fanbase. Those front row people might be plants to get the stadium rocking.

Nothing worse than going to the games and sitting in the box. Everyone just on their butts the entire time. Awful game experience.

You can SIT any time. NFL games have seats for the long down times. When things get interesting, you stand.

This is how you do football fandom. There's a nice comfy recliner waiting for you at home if you want to sit for 3.5 hours.

I get this but this is not what your original argument was about...I believe in standing when on defense on big plays and stuff....but not the whole game and definitely not during timeouts and commercials

People in our row were surprised by the standing. I said better get used to it the whole section stood the entire game last week. If everyone else is sitting I certainly will but when people in front of me are standing, i sure will be as well. If you want to sit, stay at home on the couch

Just eliminate the seats and have all standing sections then.

I moved out of WNY a while ago so I haven't been to a game in a long time. But when I did go in the 80's to early '90s pissing in sinks was common. You'd see 4-5 guys all huddled around a sink relieving themselves. Hell it wasn't uncommon to see a guy just pissing right on the floor. Reading you're comment it seems you were a little shocked by this. Maybe it's not as bad as it used to be.

I've always wondered how many people are standing because they really want to. If some a-holes won't sit people around them need to stand to see the game, that leads to more people standing around them. Soon the whole section is standing. But are they standing because they want to or because some morons create a cascading problem.

Yeah, you really don't see anybody pissing in the sinks anymore.

Was at Eagles Bills last year and the fans did the normal, rise for big plays, sit for the boring parts.

So, you don't know what you're talking about.

At football games you sometimes will find yourself standing. If someone doesn't want to stand and can't get access to the handicap seating, then they shouldn't go to the game. It's not rude. It's a fact.

I'm not saying you should stay home but if you come to the game, you should be prepared to stand. If you're sitting in the stadium, the team is sucking balls (and yes, that's been an all-too-frequent way to spend the games for the last two decades).

This phenomenon started during this last decade of horrible football, so so much for your theory.

would love that and buy seasons there in a heartbeat..put a little rail about chest high to lean on with a cup holder...and that is pure money

Tunnel endzone where they put that long stretch of wheelchair seating would have been perfect for an outdoor bar like Tampa has

I had the opposite of this problem during the Bills-Colts Home opener last year. Sitting there and the 5-6 rows in front of me stood practically the whole game. So of course I had to as well, but there were elderly people behind me, that I am sure couldn't see the game, and hardly stood. I didn't know what to do, I tried to sit, but then I couldn't see. And try convincing 5-6 rows of people to sit and stand just for the big plays.

It is a problem, but only if people do it for extended periods of time without sitting.

Edit: In the end it's better that security monitors a problem and rectifies it because they have that authority.

Edited by What a Tuel

The security is out of hand. Last year during the Houston game someone with a black jacket was acting a fool and security came over and evicted everyone in the entire section with a black jacket. Unfortunate for me as I was wearing a black Bills jacket and even though 2 security guards ID'd the 1 that was acting the fool and said that it wasn't me, 1 guard said he didn't care and kicked me out as well. I then received a letter saying that I am now banned from the stadium. It was their mistake and now I'm banned because I happened to be wearing a black jacket. I typically drive the 400+ miles each way to at least 2 games a year and invest in over $1,000. per game. I will miss going to the games but I won't miss the $$ in my pocket. You need to get it right Buffalo. Now instead of taking my kids to Bills games and raising them to be Bills fans, I will most likely take them to Baltimore and let them decide what team they want to route for.

You have got to be kidding. Thays disgusting. But those security guards are weak i once saw one almost get pushed over the Rockpile railing trying to break up a fight. They get no respect

At football games you sometimes will find yourself standing. If someone doesn't want to stand and can't get access to the handicap seating, then they shouldn't go to the game. It's not rude. It's a fact.

I'm not saying you should stay home but if you come to the game, you should be prepared to stand. If you're sitting in the stadium, the team is sucking balls (and yes, that's been an all-too-frequent way to spend the games for the last two decades).

DId you read my post?

I never complained about people standing.

Most of the time I WAS standing, and the team was "sucking balls" often.

When I needed to sit for a minute, I dealt with it, primarily during "down time" like end of quarters or commercial breaks.

I found your suggestions that fans could go watch bocce, should plan to stand at a football game, or could stay home and sit in a recliner both insulting and demeaning.

People in our row were surprised by the standing. I said better get used to it the whole section stood the entire game last week. If everyone else is sitting I certainly will but when people in front of me are standing, i sure will be as well. If you want to sit, stay at home on the couch

Yeah your right, they should take the seats out........