Rex's "antiquated" Defense

Giving up 13 points is bad because they scored a LONG td.

Mike Wallace isn't fast anymore huh ? Only had 2 more TD's the next week, geez Mcfly.

Less paragraphs please, lot of nonsensical ranting isn't needed. They lock your other thread yet ?

You rant and rave about Rex's d all offseason like a heartbroken 14 year old. Enjoy the big bowl of wrong.

How about that Andrew Luck game winning td ? That was noooooiiice !

Was that at home against the Chargers and before or after their TE dropped the game winner? Good one Andy.

The D succeeded yesterday because Rex broke down and allowed his style to change. Isn't that what many have said he needed to do? I'm glad he did it and I hope he keeps it up.

We'll have to agree to disagree on losing to the Ravens after 8 months of prep time as something being worthy of the moniker "cash money".

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The myth of the top 5 defense in just about every category that season?

Work on your reading comprehension skills. I didn't say they were great that game. They weren't awful or even bad by any stretch, but if that makes you feel better about losing Schwartz and hiring Rex than do what you need to do.

Don't confuse negative narrative with facts.

It was their 3rd worst performance of the year as a unit, and the entire season was on the line. They failed against a team that averaged 1.21 points per drive. Go back and watch the game.

I'm just saying that it's not a given, as you seemed to postulate. And it happened the opposite way just last year. I'm not at all saying to expect it. Usually, you are right, that it takes some time.

I'd say it's almost a given. Not many players miss their rookie training camps and have a productive rookie year. It happens, just not that often.

I think the defense got outplayed a lot today. I'll take the win, but they had us running around and back-tracking a lot. Robey-Coleman made a great play or we are having a different conversation

Right! Great plays don't count! They gave up 19 FN points and got lots of pressure on the QB while the offense stumbled in the 2nd half.

Right! Great plays don't count! They gave up 19 FN points and got lots of pressure on the QB while the offense stumbled in the 2nd half.

I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or not. I'm going to assume you are and we are best friends!!!

Now, tell me what you do for a living! B-)

Edited by FireRex

D did a fantastic job

I wouldn't go that far. They made stops when they needed to and had a few big plays but it was a little too bend but don't break for my taste.

The 32nd ranked O shouldn't control the clock and move up and down the field quite so easily. If this were the Steelers they were playing I'd say it was fantastic but since it was the Rams Ill say it was good enough for today.

I wouldn't go that far. They made stops when they needed to and had a few big plays but it was a little too bend but don't break for my taste.

The 32nd ranked O shouldn't control the clock and move up and down the field quite so easily. If this were the Steelers they were playing I'd say it was fantastic but since it was the Rams Ill say it was good enough for today.

Yeah they were struggling in pass defense.

Gilmore and Darby had poor days playing off the football and the Bills pass rush that had been vertically fracturing OL's and creating horizontal openings to hit the QB was getting synchronized BLOCKED most of the day.

For most of the game they looked a lot like last years D.

If they had lost there would have been A LOT of questions about the gameplan.

Would have been a nice day to have Dareus in there........I think they might have played more press man if he were in there.

They did. Still not sold on the Ryan's, but they soundly handled Case Keenum today.

This is exactly right! What QB's did they beat last week and this week? Then Carson Palmer looks like he is very up and down and when he tries to throw bombs all game he sometimes fails badly.

This teams D plays great when they can get a lead and the run game works well no question!

Cheers for Buffalo being 3-2 and beating a hot 3-1 team on the road! This team still has some tough games ahead. I'll start thinking playoffs should they beat the Patriots / Seahawks!

I feel like the defensive game plans have been vastly improved. Last year I felt like Rex was inflexible, lacked creativeness, and under utilized/misplaced our players talents. Now, I feel like our game plans are cohesive and our players strengths are being utilized more effectively. It is only a small sample but It sure looks encouraging to me.