Is Chad Kelly not Jim Kelly incarnate?

Virgil

Turning 25 is not a magic moment, but the full development of the frontal lobe is a critical process that happens around that time. If you want to deny that, you might as well argue the sun is not hot. It's real, I've seen it in too many ways, not to mention all the actual science around it. Sorry if that sounds firm, but it's fact. Never say never.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a fighter. Makes me want the Bills to draft him even more.

:thumbsup: and defending his brother, who wouldn't do the same thing. Plus it's not like he was actually punching kids.

Why is he even there? If im the qb at ol miss, im certainly not attending st joes football games on a friday night

no game this week.

why wouldn't he go see his brothers game.

Again, I totally get the point, but this is a guy with a history and he's trying to convince NFL teams he's put it behind him. He's not just another kid a few years removed from St. Joe's watching his brother. Every moment in life is an audition for NFL teams attempting to show he has not just the physical tools to play on the big stage, but the mental makeup. I don't know the kid, but I want him to reach his potential, so this irritates me. The people in his corner cannot teach him common sense. (I could go on a rant about the frontal lobe/executive decision making and reaching the age of about 25, but I've covered that elsewhere...I suspect that plays HUGE here.)

Not exactly an extensive record, but Dak Prescott got a DUI prior to the draft (in Starkville, MS - home of Miss. State University - it is NOT a big town). I'm pretty sure Dallas isn't concerned (granted, Dak was a GREAT teammate and example at MSU. He made a really bad decision). Now, Kelly made mistakes....But he's not Manziel. Kelly, in my opinion, cares (hence he wanted to protect his brother).

Not exactly an extensive record, but Dak Prescott got a DUI prior to the draft (in Starkville, MS - home of Miss. State University - it is NOT a big town). I'm pretty sure Dallas isn't concerned (granted, Dak was a GREAT teammate and example at MSU. He made a really bad decision). Now, Kelly made mistakes....But he's not Manziel. Kelly, in my opinion, cares (hence he wanted to protect his brother).

I think Chad is somewhere between Prescott (if it's really a one event thing) and the continuous tire fire that is Manziel (I just hope he survives). Chad has a history, It's not a one time thing, so it's a gamble. Who is he, and what will he become? Even Jimbo would agree it's a mistake to step into that mess. Be smart.

I think Chad is somewhere between Prescott (if it's really a one event thing) and the continuous tire fire that is Manziel (I just hope he survives). Chad has a history, It's not a one time thing, so it's a gamble. Who is he, and what will he become? Even Jimbo would agree it's a mistake to step into that mess. Be smart.

Knowing Dak's life story, I'm confident it's a one time thing. Sometimes, it's just a gut feeling. Derived only from "articles", and for what his Uncle stands for.....I think he'll be fine. I gotta believe that Chad Kelly leans more towards the good than the bad.

If that's my brother, I do the same thing.

I love the mentality, but it's a mistake. Chad already has too many mistakes.

My sons would do anything to protect each other, and I'd hate to see how that would play out with them. I pray they'd be smart about it. They were stud athletes and bench 400+, but now as a young CPA, criminal charges might be a hindrance. Be smart!