Gilmore is letting his contract affect his play

26TrapDraw

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread title was on the money though (no pun intended), Gilmore may have had his contract affect his play today.

I really don't think he thinks about his contract. He had a bad game (and we got no pressure on the qb) last game.

He is and has always been one of the best cbs in the NFL. And he proved it against one of the best Wr groups in the NFL without Darby.

I really don't think he thinks about his contract. He had a bad game (and we got no pressure on the qb) last game.

He is and has always been one of the best cbs in the NFL. And he proved it against one of the best Wr groups in the NFL without Darby.

No he sucked. His best play is press and he did none of it today. He was late to the play he did not turn back to play when it was on his side. His first int was pure luck.

The second was because he had help.

I now think he should be let go as Corey White played as well as he did.

Ummmm...

No it didn't.

What game were you watching?

The same one you were. why play 15 yards of and not at least turn your head?

No he sucked. His bets play is press and he did none of it today. He was late to the play he did not turn back to play when it was on his side. His first int was pure luck.

The second was because he had help.

I now think he should be let go as Corey White played as well as he did.

The same one you were. why play 15 yards of and not at least turn your head?

He still lets others players make the play.

Why is our safety under him for instance when he is the over safety?

Edited by 3rdand12

Things dumb fans say:

- Darby is our best CB

- Gilmore isn't worth the money

He had a better game today. Wanna know why he doesn't have the contract he wants? Because he still made mistakes today. I'll say it again you don't deserve top 3 CB money when your not top 5. Let me see him do it all year and then we'll talk. Edited by BeefCurtns

He had a bad game. He had a good game. He has more good games than bad games.

With apologies to Bandit.

Fair, atrocious, good. That's my opinion of his play in the first three weeks.

My biggest issue with him has been his unwillingness to stick his nose in there to make a tackle when needed. He has flat out shied away. That, and his poor tackling technique.

I may let him out of my doghouse this week but he is on a very short leash.

He had a better game today. Wanna know why he doesn't have the contract he wants? Because he still made mistakes today. I'll say it again you don't deserve top 3 CB money when your not top 5. Let me see him do it all year and then we'll talk.

all players make mistakes

My biggest issue with him has been his unwillingness to stick his nose in there to make a tackle when needed. He has flat out shied away. That, and his poor tackling technique.

Now now, there's no need to apologize for calling out his play last week as preservation-mode.

I meant that the folks claiming that he isn't very good, has always been overrated, etc should feel a bit silly today.

He was back to his typical self this week. Solid in coverage, physical, aggressive. His ball awareness was much better today too, though I'll need to see some consistency in that respect before I take it as a true improvement.

And if he goes poopies on your wife's rose bushes, just tap him on his nose with a rolled up newspaper. That'll teach him. ;)