and your next head coach is.......

BILLS55

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well with this fan-base we plow through coaches every 2 years. thats a real recipe for success with the impatience fans have, just look at Washington and Cleveland, works well with 2 year coaches doesnt it :thumbsup:

What has Rex shown you in 5 years that he deserves patience? If he would have improved himself I would say OK but he is the same bumbling blow hard

Stop bringing nostalgia into the equation. He hasn't done anything in the league worth noting yet you want him to be the next head coach. See this is part of the problem.

He is well respected in the league, and will get his shot soon. However my take is, ANY former Bill from the 90s needs to be ignored here people need to stop reaching into that era

Now the thing about Reich. If he is hired here it would be after a nice long search because hiring him to me seems so Bills reaching back into the 90s for the nostalgia ticket sales

They interviewed Frank last year and passed on him

What has Rex shown you in 5 years that he deserves patience? If he would have improved himself I would say OK but he is the same bumbling blow hard

Its not 5 years it 1 year and 2 games. But Bills fan seem to want to keep losing instead of letting the HC build a winner. so.....

HC's take more then 1 year to win, thats an NFL fact. They need their players and they need to teach their players.

AND

it is the AFC East, the Pats are the team to beat, it's not going to happen overnight even if Tom Coughlin can out of retirement to coach the Bills. Of course with this fan-base people would call for his head after the first loss to Bill. and the Pats.

Its not 5 years it 1 year and 2 games. But Bills fan seem to want to keep losing instead of letting the HC build a winner. so.....

HC's take more then 1 year to win, thats an NFL fact. They need their players and they need to teach their players.

AND

it is the AFC East, the Pats are the team to beat, it's not going to happen overnight even if Tom Coughlin can out of retirement to coach the Bills. Of course with this fan-base people would call for his head after the first loss to Bill. and the Pats.

What about the Jets? Bowles won 10 games last year emerging from Ryan's smoldering mess. They came in last week and had their way with the Bills in nearly every facet. Also came an inch from beating a very good Bengal team (who dissected the Bills last year).

What about the Jets? Bowles won 10 games last year emerging from Ryan's smoldering mess. They came in last week and had their way with the Bills in nearly every facet. Also came an inch from beating a very good Bengal team (who dissected the Bills last year).

Did the Jets make the postseason..

thanks for playing

Did the Jets make the postseason..

thanks for playing

OK, but they were trending down and looked to hit bottom under Rex Ryan.

One year they hit 10 wins, something that seems like an impossible dream here.

So if Rex Ryan was kept in New York, continuity would have created additional wins last year and they would have made the playoffs at 11, 12, or 13 wins?

Kubiak won the Superbowl in his 1st year

Just pointing out the obvious....no Dareus, no Sh. Lawson, no S. Henderson, no M. Easley, no C. Glenn (vs Jets).

Could these players possibly make a difference between winning and losing, especially in two games that were both decided by less than one score??

Me thinks so.

The sky is not falling.

Coaches are fired a lot.

Let's not write off Rex just yet.

It's relevant because he has a relationship / knows the DC we all want and maybe if he is the HC he can bring him back. Do you see the relevance?

Reich would get him to make a lateral move from Eagles to Buffalo? Don't think that's even allowed.

This isn't Reich's offense in Phil, it is Pederson's. Reich just got fired in SD because his offense and playcalling was really, really bad. Good QB coach. Not sure if he's a good OC - he hasn't shown that yet. No clue whether he would be a good HC.

well with this fan-base we plow through coaches every 2 years. thats a real recipe for success with the impatience fans have, just look at Washington and Cleveland, works well with 2 year coaches doesnt it :thumbsup:

You make a good point but are you advocating the Bills keep Ryan as coach?

Hiring Ryan is probably the only mistake Terry Pegula has ever made professionally.

His desire to beat NE led him to this, despite his obvious shortcomings, Ryan has beaten Belichick. As impossible as that now seems.

Now it's time to go after Moby Dick. Bill Belichick.

This could be a possibility if Brady does fall from grace, and father time finally blindsides him, and he's through--- if that happens, make a play for him sparing no expense. Hell, coaching Buffalo, turning that team around, bringing glory to that area would solidify him as the greatest ever.

There has to be something inside him that would welcome beating Craft too.

So if Rex Ryan was kept in New York, continuity would have created additional wins last year and they would have made the playoffs at 11, 12, or 13 wins?

You're joking right? Kubiak inherited a playoff team, What did Rex get? 16 years of no playoffs and a bad GM here in Buffalo.

we are two games in this board is ridiculous-

This is the first time I've even peeked at this board since Sunday when someone started a thread slamming Whaley for not drafting Garropolo and someone else started a thread saying the Bills are "by far the worst team in the league."

Edited by metzelaars_lives

The GM nerfed that roster and ate a ton of dead money in the last 2 year's of Rex's tenure there. It was needed since that team was old, and overpaid, and not very talented. He got fired, but he totally set up the new coach/GM for success when you have a ton of money to use to fill some of the holes.

2015 offseason saw them bring in Marshall via trade, Revis, Cro, skrine, gilchrist, and carpenter. Thats a massive secondary upgrade, as well as bringing in a solid guard, and a #1 receiver (who's not without his issues, but he's still solid).

Reich would get him to make a lateral move from Eagles to Buffalo? Don't think that's even allowed.

This isn't Reich's offense in Phil, it is Pederson's. Reich just got fired in SD because his offense and playcalling was really, really bad. Good QB coach. Not sure if he's a good OC - he hasn't shown that yet. No clue whether he would be a good HC.

Doug Pederson never called plays prior to this year. So I'm not 100% certain he's doing it now.

This is the first time I've even peeked at this board since Sunday when someone started a thread slamming Whaley for not drafting Garrapalo and someone else started a thread saying the Bills are "by far the worst team in the league."

i didn't even click on the "worst team in the league" thread because I was watching the Jags try to play football at the time so I knew it wasn't true

so..... fire a head coach who has a lot of injuries this season for an OC, with no head coaching experience, that did good against a bad team? Good call :thumbsup:

Injuries are no excuse for the way this team has played the first two games. Ryan has been out coached both times. He is all talk and no action. Tired of his schtick and I was a big supporter last year.