Could EJ be re-signed after the season

Mango

Stats are deceiving, didn't make it to the red zone until late 4th quarter and last year was smoke and mirrors baby, to an 8-8 record. Wooohoooo lock him up for a gazillion $$$$ :doh:

stats are deceiving?! he's basically a rookie.

'last year was smoke and mirrors' haha. okay. if Tyrod plays in London we finish 10-6. then what? we smoke and mirrored our way to 10 wins? i'll take it.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stats are deceiving?! he's basically a rookie.

'last year was smoke and mirrors' haha. okay. if Tyrod plays in London we finish 10-6. then what? we smoke and mirrored our way to 10 wins? i'll take it.

I love the Basically a rookie argument for a 5th year player that has played in 30 NFL games.

Did you see how a real Rookie looked on Monday Night.

I suspect it will all come down to how EJ plays this year. He'll get his chance to get in probably sooner rather than later. Hotrod has been beat up the 1st 2games. Only a matter of time before he's out. If EJ plays well like he did in the 10 yard pass Thursday and like he has in PS the last 2 years and we win more games than we lose, the Bills will likely try to re sign him, as will other teams.

Just thinking about it...

- Worst case scenario. We see more of the same from Tyrod. We don't pick up our option after this year.

- We have no QB on the roster at that point.

- Will probably need to develop a rookie behind somebody for the next year or two.

- Could sign a different vet, for the same money to a 2-3 year deal.

- EJ is already here and looking for an opportunity to start, to play for starting QB money in the near future (not that he will ever actually get that, but that is his and his agents hope)

- His best situation to start may actually be in Buffalo.

We could sign a worse journeyman/back up for more money than EJ on a 2 year deal. Thinking 2 years at 6-8 mil total gets it done. Afterwards, the draft pick takes the reigns, EJ signs his next contract with a different team.

a couple more losses and no one's getting signed for next season, as the umpteenth restart will begin....

hey big guy, go back and look at the game logs. http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrodtaylor/2495240/gamelogs?season=2014

2011: 3 games, 1 pass attempt

2012: 7 games, 29 pass attempts

2013: 3 games, 5 pass attempts

2014: 1 game, 0 pass attempts

your argument is bull ****.

He's started 16 games and been through 6 training camps/seasons. How many more do you think it will take before he can read a defense?

Not laughing off EJ one bit because i would like EJ on this team going forward. Hard worker, good teammate.

I just said i doubt it because i think EJ would choose elswhere

Maybe so. I think a lot would depend on who the GM/Coach and OC are next year... I do remember reading a piece this summer about EJ. In the article he said something to the effect that he "still wanted to be a starting QB in the NFL, but, he realized that it was something that has to be earned, and that while he realized it could be his last year in Buffalo, he would never rule anything out."

Here's the order of qb opportunities I'd want to see:

Tyrod sink or swim.

Cardale sink or swim

Qb we draft in 2017 sink or swim

Ej or any vet qb only seeing the field if all 3 of those qbs fail. We've seen enough of ej to know what he is.

Point is though. I do not think Cardale is ready to be a back up at this point. I also do not see the Bills picking up Tyrod's option at this point.

That means the future is in the draft, and we will HAVE to pick up a vet. We know what we have in EJ. He will win you right around 8 games per year +/-. Good leader. Does the work. Great Teammate. Vet will be on the roster max 2 years. EJ kind of fits that.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN EJ IS THE FUTURE/ANSWER. He would just be a stop gap while we groom the rookie through his first year.

Point is though. I do not think Cardale is ready to be a back up at this point. I also do not see the Bills picking up Tyrod's option at this point.

That means the future is in the draft, and we will HAVE to pick up a vet. We know what we have in EJ. He will win you right around 8 games per year +/-. Good leader. Does the work. Great Teammate. Vet will be on the roster max 2 years. EJ kind of fits that.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN EJ IS THE FUTURE/ANSWER. He would just be a stop gap while we groom the rookie through his first year.

I am amazed at how down on Taylor everyone is, after two games...

Edited by Buftex

I am amazed at how down on Taylor is, after two games...

Agreed to an extent. I was in the wait and see crowd, but these 2 games have been brutal. His strengths are barely his strengths currently. His weaknesses are worse than they have been in the past. He just has yet to show that he can use the whole field, and move the ball methodically. If he were a rookie I would give him more time. But the fact is, he has been in the league, behind a Pro Bowler and Super Bowl Champ for 6 years. This is not like his "year two" but year 6 either. He should be playing at a much higher level. Like a 3-4 year starter, and he is not.

He's started 16 games and been through 6 training camps/seasons. How many more do you think it will take before he can read a defense?

5 training camps where he's the back up, taking second team snaps. my point is he's on a short leash because he's in Buffalo, not because he's a bad QB. this fan base has all of the answers and none of them are the right ones.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

Agreed on the "middle of the field" issue. He showed some progress in this area the last few games of the season, but it seems DC's are going to do thei r best to keep him in the pocket, to narrow his vision.

While I hate making excuses for (yet another Bills QB), I think the offensive line has been even more brutal over these first two games. The left side of the line just can't hold their own...especially against Baltimore...and even Incognito has been made to look foolish on a number of occasions.

You know where you are, you shouldn't expect anything less.

Point taken! :lol:

Agreed on the "middle of the field" issue. He showed some progress in this area the last few games of the season, but it seems DC's are going to do thei r best to keep him in the pocket, to narrow his vision.

While I hate making excuses for (yet another Bills QB), I think the offensive line has been even more brutal over these first two games. The left side of the line just can't hold their own...especially against Baltimore...and even Incognito has been made to look foolish on a number of occasions.

Point taken! :lol:

Actually, the OL looked so bad against Baltimore that I kind of gave Tyrod a pass on Game 1. Shady in particular looked like dyslexia got ahold of him and renamed him "Shabby".

Game 2, the OL looked better, Tyrod had protection and a pocket most of the game and the extra blocker also did decently.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

5 training camps where he's the back up, taking second team snaps. my point is he's on a short leash because he's in Buffalo, not because he's a bad QB. this fan base has all of the answers and none of them are the right ones.

Except for you, of course. Amirite?

If I were EJ, I would not sign with a team of which the fans all think he is never going to be good enough. He will definitely be marketable in free agency. His worst option is actually Buffalo because of Rex and his unqualified coaches. Not to mention Bills fans who constantly call radio stations such as WGR to crucify him. He has the prototype size and arm strength. With the right coaches and system, like the Pats has, he can be very productive. Most Bills fans want him off the team anyway and many of them are on this board. Why all of a sudden the love? Please continue to hate him so it makes his decision to leave easier.

If I were EJ, I would not sign with a team of which the fans all think he is never going to be good enough. He will definitely be marketable in free agency. His worst option is actually Buffalo because of Rex and his unqualified coaches. Not to mention Bills fans who constantly call radio stations such as WGR to crucify him. He has the prototype size and arm strength. With the right coaches and system, like the Pats has, he can be very productive. Most Bills fans want him off the team anyway and many of them are on this board. Why all of a sudden the love? Please continue to hate him so it makes his decision to leave easier.

Bad news for you. The decision to leave is on anyone but him. The guy would stay the rest of his career if he could. NO one ranked him where the Bills did. I can still see the faces and looks of horror on everyone not with the Bills. Berman had problems finding the correct response. Polian torched the decision. Not EJ's fault that he was a huge reach by a team that is clueless and has been with QB's for 20+ years. Keep hoping that EJ is simply on the wrong team.