Garoppolo hurt

judman

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't say his hurt shoulder.... May have meant the other one.

No, I meant the hurt shoulder. Nothing dirty like, say, Wilfork's flying elbow to JP's knee (to "break his fall" :rolleyes;) back in 2006, but something that tests his shoulder to see how it holds up.

Hurting people is a major strategic component of that game.

It's why your first string RB leads with the crown of his helmet wherever he runs.

Sigh, no it is not part of the game and Blount is always going up the middle so the way he runs is legal.. But you knew that. Wanting someone to intentially try hurt someone else is JET fan kind of low. Have the pats had dirty players? OMG YES! But never once would I or any fan I am friends with cheer for them to hurt someone.... It's a game... Not life or death.

No, I meant the hurt shoulder. Nothing dirty like, say, Wilfork's flying elbow to JP's knee (to "break his fall" :rolleyes;) back in 2006, but something that tests his shoulder to see how it holds up.

Your example was dirty and this board especially went crazy over it.. I was the only Pats fan at the time had the guts be here and agree.. But I'm sure none of your teams players ever did anything dirty before.. 😞😞

Neither are shoulder injuries.

You are either not reading what I said or not understanding. I have said wanting your player to go and try hurt another player is Just dumb.. Which is what I commented on and I stick by.. Wanting another player hurt for a game is stupid!

Your example was dirty and this board especially went crazy over it.. I was the only Pats fan at the time had the guts be here and agree.. But I'm sure none of your teams players ever did anything dirty before..

You are either not reading what I said or not understanding. I have said wanting your player to go and try hurt another player is Just dumb.. Which is what I commented on and I stick by.. Wanting another player hurt for a game is stupid!

It's not stupid. It's tactical. Albeit highly illegal. But you're in la la land if you don't think players know where their opponents are hurt and target them there any way they can.

And to clarify: it's highly illegal for coaches to explicitly tell their players to do this.

Or so Greggo's scandal led us to believe.

I will never understand this kind of thinking. Oh they need go out and make a point to try and rehurt someone. It's a freakin game!!

Take a random poll of NFL players and ask them if they would target a player's injury spot. If the poll is done anonymously, I'd bet that nearly 100% would say yes.

Sigh, no it is not part of the game and Blount is always going up the middle so the way he runs is legal.. But you knew that. Wanting someone to intentially try hurt someone else is JET fan kind of low. Have the pats had dirty players? OMG YES! But never once would I or any fan I am friends with cheer for them to hurt someone.... It's a game... Not life or death.

Vince Wilfork much?

I'd mention Brandon Spikes but we have him now.

Who was that other dick that was always taking cheap shots at our lineman?

Rodney Harrison about a trillion times.

Reading comprehension on this thread is LOW today. I SAID CALLING FOR SOMEONE TO INJURE SOMEONE ELSE IS CLASSLESS.. And stupid.

I said nothing about players knowing and targeting it, I said being such a low level fan that you believe your only chance of winning is to injure, then you should just quit being a fan as it's gotten to you!

I will never understand this kind of thinking. Oh they need go out and make a point to try and rehurt someone. It's a freakin game!!

It's called playing smart football. If a guy is playing "injured" meaning he's susceptible to re-injury , that's what you do. It's playing to win and the Pats would do no different. No one is trying to end anyone's career out there ( except for some douches like D Hall) , but knocking a guy out , esp the QB is just playing to win the game. That's the object. It's a game to us and a job to the players. The Garrapolo injury was reorted early by several outlets as a 2-4 week injury, quickly debunked by the Pats in typical fashion. A player who is " hurt " can play without re-injury, just a matter of pain tolerance. Either way , a smart opponent will target the injured area.