Why do people think the offense will change

Yeezus

He isn't going to change the scheme at this point. He's going to change how the scheme is called, and in-game decision making is done. The Bills believe it will make an improvement. We will see.

I think this is highly speculative.

You are assuming the move was made to improve the team; I say it was done for political reasons.

The good news is Rex is next one up on the termination list now.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this new OC, I want to see if,

A. the Bills convert more 3rd downs,

B. more targets per game to Sammy & Clay,

C. Tyrod hits receivers in the middle third of the field.

D. better red zone results.

E. some controlled scrambles by Tyrod from time to time.

If this guy can be creative enough, not meaning trickeration, creativity in both some runs and passes mixed in with good old smash-mouth

play, then we might have something. If not, then its just going to be more of what we've already seen over the last 16 years, sub 500%

football. FWIW, that's my take.

I just don't see much of a reason for all the optimism. Why wasn't Roman fired at the end of last season? Just shows the incompetence of the whole organization. I find it difficult that this unknown inexperienced Lynn will get this offense to produce. I hope Raplh isn't watching. This season is a train wreck...

Edited by ice2145

Problem so far this year is our line isnt opening up anything for our run game and struggled pass blocking in week 1. We miss Karlos who didnt need gaping holes to be successful. Can Williams be that guy this year? Funny how Incognito has gone well Incognito after he has been paid.

I think quotes like these are reason to at least hope for change

@ChrisBrownBills

McCoy - I have a lot of confidence in coach Lynn. I think we have a pretty good game plan. The plays will be simplified a lot. #Bills

McCoy - Coach Roman had a lot of volume w/plays. This will be different. Not as much thinking so they can let their talent show.#Bills

@ChrisBrownBills

McCoy- Coach Lynn is a tough coach. demands respect, harps on the details. Played the game. He can relate. #Bills

McCoy-on if things were 2 complex- it was a thinking offense. If everybody can't grasp might require simplifying things. Less plays#Bills

Do what you know, do it fast and do it well - and maybe prey a little too...

The answer below from Anthony Lynn is exactly what i want to hear. I just want to see some urgency, get up to the line quickly and fire off. Under Roman we left so little time on the clock for adjustments, and the 2-minute drill looked like a playing in-mud drill. Hoping for better days ahead for the offense.

Q: What do want this offensive identity to be?

A: I want to play smart, physical football. I want to be explosive down the field. Right now, I just want to stay on the damn field. We're going to play a little bit faster and see if we can put a little pressure on the defense. Just execute.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/09/what_buffalo_bills_oc_anthony_lynn_said_in_first_press_conference_transcript.html

The answer below from Anthony Lynn is exactly what i want to hear. I just want to see some urgency, get up to the line quickly and fire off. Under Roman we left so little time on the clock for adjustments, and the 2-minute drill looked like a playing in-mud drill. Hoping for better days ahead for the offense.

Q: What do want this offensive identity to be?

A: I want to play smart, physical football. I want to be explosive down the field. Right now, I just want to stay on the damn field. We're going to play a little bit faster and see if we can put a little pressure on the defense. Just execute.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/09/what_buffalo_bills_oc_anthony_lynn_said_in_first_press_conference_transcript.html

And I want a pony.

wanting something and making it happen are two distinct things.

I don't think it matters what the offense is doing as long as our D sucks. We could score 100 and still lose with the pass D we have. Also, Lynn directly responds to the question posed by the OP:

Q: Rex has said ground-and-pound before. Take us into your offensive philosophy.

A: No, I don't know ground-and-pound. To me, if they give you ground-and-pound you ground-and-pound. If they give you pass, you pass. I just want to coach an explosive offense, doing multiple things, balance multiple personnel groupings and just take what they give us. I'm a personnel driven guy. I believe in personnel. Get the ball in the hands of players and let them make the plays because if you do that, they'll make way more plays than we'll ever design.

Edited by ndirish1978

I don't think it matters what the offense is doing as long as our D sucks. We could score 100 and still lose with the pass D we have. Also, Lynn directly responds to the question posed by the OP:

Q: Rex has said ground-and-pound before. Take us into your offensive philosophy.

A: No, I don't know ground-and-pound. To me, if they give you ground-and-pound you ground-and-pound. If they give you pass, you pass. I just want to coach an explosive offense, doing multiple things, balance multiple personnel groupings and just take what they give us. I'm a personnel driven guy. I believe in personnel. Get the ball in the hands of players and let them make the plays because if you do that, they'll make way more plays than we'll ever design.

Nothing like running a 1980's offense with running backs that weigh 180 pounds.

I think lynn has seen what isn't working.

Sometimes another set of eyes can find the issues troubling the process.

Being a chain of command it is certainly possible Lynn just tried to execute Romans wishes.

There is always hope.

And i hope none you ninnies expect it to magically occur against the Cards. Just hope for incremental improvement, such as pre snap checks.

It's important to keep in mind that Lynn was not just the RB coach. He was an AHC. It's very possible that he's been collaborating with Sanjay, Kromer, Lee and Palmer, sharing ideas and observations with Roman ...and they didn't go anywhere. I remember when they first put the staff together and mentioned that Roman was the OC but was going to be running game coordinator and Lee and Palmer were going to coordinate the passing game. None of us were there to see what was happening behind the scenes but it seems like a fresh approach was necessary.

It's important to keep in mind that Lynn was not just the RB coach. He was an AHC. It's very possible that he's been collaborating with Sanjay, Kromer, Lee and Palmer, sharing ideas and observations with Roman ...and they didn't go anywhere. I remember when they first put the staff together and mentioned that Roman was the OC but was going to be running game coordinator and Lee and Palmer were going to coordinate the passing game. None of us were there to see what was happening behind the scenes but it seems like a fresh approach was necessary.

+1

This guy that they appointed believes in the power run game more than Roman did

Get ready for another run run pass offense. Coaches who have never called offensive plays in their career tend to crash and burn.

The firing of Roman was a joke, just an excuse.

Give us fans who aren't eating this crap up one good reason why the offense will be better than it used to be.

I think you're making things up in your head...

1. Where are you getting that Lynn believes in the run game more so than Roman?

2. Who is saying the offense will be better?