I don't even know what the best case scenario is anymore

Virgil

There is a really good chance we start this season 0-4. Even if the team figures things out, gets healthy and people back from suspensions, the playoffs are out the window after that. Clawing back to 8-8 would mean nothing.

I really didn't think the team would take such a step back after one year. I really believed the offense would only get better. I believed the D wouldn't be that bad without Dareus.

But here's the facts as I see them:

Stubborness

Roman refuses to understand that his offense is about 10 years too late. It can work in the right situation, but it got him out of SanFran, and it's not working here. He was surprised he didn't get a HC job interview? Really?!

Rex finally got his 4-6 defense. Blitzes to a fault. Gets picked apart for almost 400 yards by Fitz. FITZ! And a 100 yard rusher btw. Now, were we good against the Ravens or were the Ravens not that great? I think we are going to find out the sad truth these next two weeks.

Rex also hired his trainwreck of a brother for what, to prove a point? Point made sir, he's terrible and it's going to cost you your job.

TT

Something is very wrong here. I don't know how he has regressed so much through 2 games. He wasn't a world beater last year, but he could make all the throws. He may not have made them to the middle of the field, but he hit the ones he made. This is really bothering me and I just don't understand it.

Watkins/Woods/Clay

I feel terrible for these guys. I believe in their talent and are being under-utilized by Roman and TT can't hit them. It's hard to watch.

We are the worst franchise in Sports

This is a tough pill to swallow. We look like a real team. We show moments of a real franchise. We see the futility of other teams like the Browns, Sabres, Rays and yet they've all found a way to make the playoffs in the past 15 years. Yes, it's hard to win in the NFL, but every other team in all of sports has done it at least one in the past 15 years. It's us. I don't know why it's us. I don't know what we do that's so terrible. I don't know what the FANS have done to deserve this. But we are just a cursed franchise.

Overall

I can't remember the last time I knew the season was over after only 2 games. This is a terrible feeling and I'm sure I'm over-reacting a lot. With the Cards and the Pats coming up, I see no possible future for us. I see no reason to believe that Rex will figure this out, as he hasn't in over 5 years. I've never seen anything from Roman to believe he can get it done. I do believe we have the talent. I really do. And I KNOW this fanbase deserves better.

I'm just !@#$ing done right now. It's late, I'm tired. I'm pissed and emotional that my favorite team of my favorite sport is over only 5 days into the season.

I think it was a bad sign that not a lot of us had optimism at the beginning of the season, but I figured our defense would be okay, and that the offense could make some noise given the weapons we have. It's time to tank this B word and go after Kizer or Watson. Best case scenario at this point is 6 or 7 wins and what's the point in that?

I agree with your points, aside from those regarding TT and the WRs. TT played tonight much like he did last year. He showed signs of great things, while struggling with some simple throws. What we needed was for him to progress, and he hasn't. The WRs specifically Sammy are underutilized, but it's obvious Sammy is hurt. There is no way he's going to live up to his potential no matter who game plans this year.

I think it was a bad sign that not a lot of us had optimism at the beginning of the season, but I figured our defense would be okay, and that the offense could make some noise given the weapons we have. It's time to tank this B word and go after Kizer or Watson. Best case scenario at this point is 6 or 7 wins and what's the point in that?

Just the thought of Kizer or Watson petrifies me.

Best case scenario is that Pegs finally wakes up and does a complete & thorough house-cleaning.

The worst thing about it is we have really good players...its not like previous years where we just knew our team was overmatched...we have the talent to compete with just about anyone

Sorry, I don't see it, not at all.

TT is a mediocre QB if he's not using his legs to give us an extra dimension - I know it would expose him to more injuries but we could of used a little (magic) these last two games

Bills tried but failed to add any offensive weapons to this team over the off-season - in fact the loss of Gragg and Hogan hurts - Watkins ain't back and Woods healed groin hasn't turned into any production

Dareus, you really hurt us

They are going to get picked apart the next two weeks. Arians and Belichick are in a completely different league from the bobsey twins.

I hope they retain Rex through the entire season. I want to truly bottom out and get the first overall pick. We just honored one of those guys tonight.

Best case scenario is that Pegs finally wakes up and does a complete & thorough house-cleaning.

Sorry, I don't see it, not at all.

Our coaching is awful, but I have no clue what makes people think this team has talent. Is it because these guys were good in college? Isn't that the case with every roster. They have done nothing to show it. Guys like McCoy don't count either. He's done great things in the past, but ultimately he's a 28 year old running back with a lot of miles on him. What is the talent people speak of? I honestly would like to know.

Our coaching is awful, but I have no clue what makes people think this team has talent. Is it because these guys were good in college? Isn't that the case with every roster. They have done nothing to show it. Guys like McCoy don't count either. He's done great things in the past, but ultimately he's a 28 year old running back with a lot of miles on him. What is the talent people speak of? I honestly would like to know.

Blind hope.

I'm being serious in what will follow. I watched the Rex and rob thing last night. It's nice to know our head coach is sitting around playing with baseball cards. This is not to suggest that he is not entitled to a life or that he should work all the time. But I wondered whether belichick, Arians, Tomlin, etc. would be involved in such nonsense. Probably not. In any event, we've tried everything around here with no luck. So let's start the tank. And when we're done, pay the best coach we can find. It's not my money, but I wouldn't care of it takes $25m/year to get a guy like Bruce Arians. We waste time of money on Dareus, clay, etc. so why not burn it on a credible coaching staff?

Edited by BuffaloPowerEye