Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO!

Bluto was right.

For those who want to give up now, think about it. Rolling over and dying is for losers.

We used to take pride in the fact that we never gave up.

What happened?

I'm not willing to concede the division to the Patriots and I hope no one on the team is either.

I'm not willing to give up on the offense because they had a b ad outing. I've seen what they can do and expect better.

It's Monday and the team lost. We feel like Otter - all bruised and beaten. We may be down, but we're NEVER out!

For those who don't know what I'm talking about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

Sleep well. We have the Jets to deal with for the next few days.

Dude. The Germans came nowhere near Pearl Harbor. Hint: Japanese.

But consider the analogy. Pearl Harbor was bombed with little notice - it's now believed US Codebreakers had cracked the diplomatic code and at 07:33 intercepted a message instructing Japanese diplomats to break off negotiations and sent a commercial telegraph -which arrived 4 hrs post-attack. That, about an hour of radar warning /sighting of a Japanese sub, was about all the notice they got.

In contrast, Rex and his coaching staff have known when, where, and what time this game would be played for months. That specified, not to come up with something better is pretty dismaying.

All I can hope is that this team gets some "sh*t in their grits" about that abysmal showing and turns it around quickly.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude. The Germans came nowhere near Pearl Harbor. Hint: Japanese.

But consider the analogy. Pearl Harbor was bombed with little notice - it's now believed US Codebreakers had cracked the diplomatic code and at 07:33 intercepted a message instructing Japanese diplomats to break off negotiations and sent a commercial telegraph -which arrived 4 hrs post-attack. That, about an hour of radar warning /sighting of a Japanese sub, was about all the notice they got.

In contrast, Rex and his coaching staff have known when, where, and what time this game would be played for months. That specified, not to come up with something better is pretty dismaying.

All I can hope is that this team gets some "sh*t in their grits" about that abysmal showing and turns it around quickly.

Did you watch the video?

Well, Rex Ryan ain't no FDR...

That would be Pegula.

Rex would be Ike.

I agree. Too many immature teen posters here lately.

You know, I can't speak for anyone else. I can only speak for myself, and I'm no teen poster. Just ask my teenager, she'll be happy to vouch for my antidiluvian status. I started watching Bills games with my Grandfather in 1965 (probably earlier, but I don't remember 'em). I remember the AFC championship and the AFC loss. I remember the long slide into mediocrity. I remember the early '80s when it looked like we had something, the back-to-back 2-14 seasons in the mid-'80s, and the glory and heartbreak of the days when we were the team to beat in the AFC East and the Pats** were the lowly Patsies and we went to playoffs and 4 successive Superbowls, and lost every one. I remember the days when OJ could have walked from the airport to the Rockpile on raised hands a la Crocodile Dundee if he'd wanted to, he was that big in our town. I remember the horror of 2001 when the Bills went 3-13 and Alex Van Pelt was our top QB, over Rob Johnson.

And I don't remember a more lackluster, incompetent performance from my Buffalo Bills than I saw yesterday, on offense, as coaches, and for player discipline. Plain and simple - it stunk. And it was presumably the best case for a rose-scented odor, since they had all summer to prepare.

See the silver lining. See the pretty pink cloud. I'm all for you. I admire you, even though I can no longer be you. Yes, Hopeful is transformed to Hapless Fan.

But HOW DARE YOU impugn or minimize the fanhood and experience of those who were totally flummoxed by yesterday as 'teens'? HOW DARE YOU?

That is all.

Now all of you kids, Get Off My Lawn.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

I`m glad that you in your lofty position can say that. I

After all, you have a lot of experience as a Bills fan, right? Right

Have you been to the Rockpile to see Cookie? Kemp? OJ? I was there 5 times. 12 times

Have you been to any playoff games in Orchard Park? I went to 4. Seven The most memorable the 52-3 shellacking of the Raiders that sent us to the Superbowl. Me too.

Have you met any HOF players from the Bills? Met most of them in Buffalo and in Canton at inductions I have. I met most of them in the early 90s when I worked at the OPCC. I remember you ( Porterhouse?)

"Family tradition?"

The Bills family NEVER whines like you just did. Most Bills fans are completely exhausted from losing and from irrelevance.

I hope your right. I see another finish in the 8-8 vicinity (plus or minus 2 games). We could be 6-10 or 10-6 depending on whether leaders and playmakers start to emerge on this team. Team that win have guys that hate to lose and won't make peace with losing. We have some talent but for a long time we have drafted low character players.

I'll keep watching, cheering and hoping ... but I stopped thinking they will win just because I am a fan.

You know, I can't speak for anyone else. I can only speak for myself, and I'm no teen poster. Just ask my teenager, she'll be happy to vouch for my antidiluvian status. I started watching Bills games with my Grandfather in 1965 (probably earlier, but I don't remember 'em). I remember the AFC championship and the AFC loss. I remember the long slide into mediocrity. I remember the early '80s when it looked like we had something, the back-to-back 2-14 seasons in the mid-'80s, and the glory and heartbreak of the days when we were the team to beat in the AFC East and the Pats** were the lowly Patsies and we went to playoffs and 4 successive Superbowls, and lost every one. I remember the days when OJ could have walked from the airport to the Rockpile on raised hands a la Crocodile Dundee if he'd wanted to, he was that big in our town. I remember the horror of 2001 when the Bills went 3-13 and Alex Van Pelt was our top QB, over Rob Johnson.

And I don't remember a more lackluster, incompetent performance from my Buffalo Bills than I saw yesterday, on offense, as coaches, and for player discipline. Plain and simple - it stunk. And it was presumably the best case for a rose-scented odor, since they had all summer to prepare.

See the silver lining. See the pretty pink cloud. I'm all for you. I admire you, even though I can no longer be you. Yes, Hopeful is transformed to Hapless Fan.

But HOW DARE YOU impugn or minimize the fanhood and experience of those who were totally flummoxed by yesterday as 'teens'? HOW DARE YOU?

That is all.

The Germans bombing Pearl Harbor thing is a reference to the movie Animal House.

Which apparently you haven't seen.

Which makes me think:

11SzZ3Y2ReR83e.gif

Edited by Fadingpain

That is all.

The ending was funny.

If you think that game was " a more lackluster, incompetent performance from my Buffalo Bills than I saw yesterday, on offense, as coaches, and for player discipline.", you must not remember the 2-14 seasons (I don't blame you , but the video of the 2 guys in the upper deck doing the wave is stuck in my memory.