In honor of the highly missed 10 Things from Bill in NYC..

Chandler#81

Watch the replay. It was a good play by Smith, he knocked the ball away from Sammy as he was trying to tuck it away. I definitely wouldn't call that a drop.

Thank you..will do

Some quick thoughts:

Richie played one of his worst games as a Bill.

Cyrus was just ok. The Jets will spread him out more on Thursday - they'll use stunts to isolate him and make him move sideways. I'm nervous about it. Too bad Seantrel has chosen pot over a football career.

Speaking of stunts - I liked the stunts the Bills were using on defense. Looked much more like a Rex Ryan defense yesterday. Pressures were well-disguised and Flacco was uncomfortable. Rex's D is more about causing incompletions than getting sacks. That was on display yesterday.

Robert Woods has no control over his feet. He may have the worst feet of any NFL wide receiver.

Greg Roman does not know how to use slot receivers.

Greg Roman takes forever to call plays. It has been his reputation since his San Fran days and it's not going to change. It reminds me of certain co-workers of mine - good at what they do, but too much on their own clock to ever take their careers to the next level.

I'll say it: I missed 2015 Karlos Williams yesterday. The offense needed someone yesterday to hit the hole with power and get upfield. Instead the RBs danced.

As a final thought, in my estimation Doug Whaley's strategic vision for building a football team has failed. Watching the Bills yesterday while also watching the Raiders, Jaguars, Texans and other up and coming teams was both telling and depressing. This team is not constructed properly for so many reasons, I can't get into all of them right now but will do so as the season progresses. It's so incredibly frustrating. I hope the Pegulas see what I see. We as fans deserve better.

i agree with 100% of this

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll add: Jerry Hughes is yet another good (though troubled) player whose career will be marred by being part of the Second Dark Age of the Buffalo Bills. Talent wasted.

Second dark age?

I'd argue that this is THE dark age, with the 70s being the second.

Down 13-7 with 4 minutes and change left in the game - First two plays are a bad drop by your Number one WR, and a 5 yard delay of game penalty. This leads to a quick three and out... Pathetic execution at a critical time in the game. Will this garbage ever end?

It wasn't really a bad drop at all - it was a good play by the CB, who knocked it out of his hands the moment it arrived.

Some quick thoughts:

Cyrus was just ok. The Jets will spread him out more on Thursday - they'll use stunts to isolate him and make him move sideways. I'm nervous about it. Too bad Seantrel has chosen pot over a football career.

Speaking of stunts - I liked the stunts the Bills were using on defense. Looked much more like a Rex Ryan defense yesterday. Pressures were well-disguised and Flacco was uncomfortable. Rex's D is more about causing incompletions than getting sacks. That was on display yesterday.

Robert Woods has no control over his feet. He may have the worst feet of any NFL wide receiver.

Greg Roman takes forever to call plays. It has been his reputation since his San Fran days and it's not going to change. It reminds me of certain co-workers of mine - good at what they do, but too much on their own clock to ever take their careers to the next level.

Numerous times, Tyrod didn't audible despite obvious run blitzes to the direction of the running play. This is a Big 10 offense, not an NFL offense.

I'll say it: I missed 2015 Karlos Williams yesterday. The offense needed someone yesterday to hit the hole with power and get upfield. Instead the RBs danced.

As a final thought, in my estimation Doug Whaley's strategic vision for building a football team has failed. Watching the Bills yesterday while also watching the Raiders, Jaguars, Texans and other up and coming teams was both telling and depressing. This team is not constructed properly for so many reasons, I can't get into all of them right now but will do so as the season progresses. It's so incredibly frustrating. I hope the Pegulas see what I see. We as fans deserve better.

Excellent post!

Some quick thoughts:

Numerous times, Tyrod didn't audible despite obvious run blitzes to the direction of the running play. This is a Big 10 offense, not an NFL offense.

You nailed this...

Someone please find Tyrod's mojo. He misplaced it somewhere between Week 17 last year against the Jets, and Week 1 this year. No sense of confidence or attacking. Even his miraculous throw to Clay was just scrambling to stay alive. He NEVER attacked the deep secondary. Why not put Watkins in the slot if that's all you're going to ask him to do. Woods made some plays, but what happened to the other WRs?

Tyrod is just as quick and strong and agile as ever. Use your skills, Tyrod, and attack the defense.

Second dark age?

I'd argue that this is THE dark age, with the 70s being the second.

I finally figured out why it seemed like we worse when I was a kid. I had thought it was just because years when you're a kid go so much slower.

But, the first year I was aware and understood that crazy game my father and uncle watched every Sunday was 1968. We had 1 win. Then, we had 4, 3, 1 and 4 win seasons after that.

My high school years were kind of the same - 2, 3, 5 and 7..........Then, the first 3 years after college - 2, 2 and 4.

This whole drought seems like we're 6 to 9 wins every year. Mostly 7-9 type stuff. We've only had 2 or 3 seasons of the 16 that were as bad as those other dark eras.

I remember the joke used to be that the Detroit Lions were the team that was least relevant and nobody had any feelings for - they were never horrible and never any good. (This was in the 80s, etc). That's who we are now.