15-22 111 yards

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They get better the more they play. Fitz is a perfect example. A Buffalo cast off, declared useless, now had a career year for a division rival last year and poised to take them to the playoffs this year.

I see where this is going.

How many playoff appearances does Fitz have by the way?

I see where this is going.

How many playoff appearances does Fitz have by the way?

Until we get our Joe Montana, we are going to have to live with the Fitz's, Tyrod's and EJ's of the world. You can watch the games and deal with it, or not.

My main point, is crap talking these guys after a handful of games is short sighted.

They get better the more they play. Fitz is a perfect example. A Buffalo cast off, declared useless, now had a career year for a division rival last year and poised to take them to the playoffs this year.

Buffalo fans collective social media campaign of running players out of here is... Gross.

Let them play the ******* game.

"poised to take them to the playoffs?" What is the source of this poise that's going to reverse a career long trend?

You should read the NYC media; after Sunday they're fretting about starting 0-6

Until we get our Joe Montana, we are going to have to live with the Fitz's, Tyrod's and EJ's of the world. You can watch the games and deal with it, or not.

My main point, is crap talking these guys after a handful of games is short sighted.

Let us know when we achieved a sample size large enough for crap talking.

Qb's all over the league were ready to not 111 yard suck.

Ooooh, snark from even one of the more objective posters on the board, cool.

Manuel should have been given at least three years. Tyrod should get the same. I know he will not. But he SHOULD.

In the extremely limited same size we have to judge Tyrod, Sundays game was uncharacteristic of him. As far as im concerened, he gets this year and next. Not til game three this season, like alot of people on here seem to imply.

I said the same about Manuel, two seasons ago, by the way, and im sticking to it with this guy.

But sure, lets put in Cardale after game three because Manuel and now Tyrod sucks, apparently. Give him a few quaters til we label him a bust.

Rams-49ers game MNF 0-28

Case Keenum 17 of 35 for 130 yards 2 INT's. A 3.7 yard avg.

Todd Gurley 17 carries for 47 yards a 2.8 YPC AVG

Rams offense 32nd in points and 31st in yards-----Buffalo offense 31st in points and 32nd in yards.

It would be hysterical if it wasn't so sad.

Edited by Nihilarian

FWIW, at least the YPP link I posted showed there WERE plays to be made, but of course Tyrod needs to start making them. That first play, there was another where I think Woods was running wide open, even the little missed swing to Shady would have gone for big yards. Had Tyrod hit a couple, he wouldn't look AS awful... :D

Also, they're focusing on the D today:

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass

Ooooh, snark from even one of the more objective posters on the board, cool.

Manuel should have been given at least three years. Tyrod should get the same. I know he will not. But he SHOULD.

In the extremely limited same size we have to judge Tyrod, Sundays game was uncharacteristic of him. As far as im concerened, he gets this year and next. Not til game three this season, like alot of people on here seem to imply.

I said the same about Manuel, two seasons ago, by the way, and im sticking to it with this guy.

But sure, lets put in Cardale after game three because Manuel and now Tyrod sucks, apparently. Give him a few quaters til we label him a bust.

Tyrod is in his 6th year. 6 year vet shouldn't look like that ever.

3 years? Why? Mariota, Winston, Wentz, Carr, Bortles, Prescott say wat you talkin bout willis. Hell even older guys like Dalton, Roethlisberger, Wilson, Luck, Stafford, Newton started right away, it's pretty obvious you either got "it" or not right out of the box and neither EJ or TT seem to have "it".

Edited by old school

Tyrod is in his 6th year. 6 year vet shouldn't look like that ever.

3 years? Why? Mariota, Winston, Wentz, Carr, Bortles, Prescott say wat you talkin bout willis. Hell even older guys like Dalton, Roethlisberger, Wilson, Luck, Stafford, Newton started right away, it's pretty obvious you either got "it" or not right out of the box and neither EJ or TT seem to have "it".

He may be in his 6th year but he is only starting in his second year and should have seen so much more preseason work.

The difference between the Bills and the Rams is that eventually once everyone gets on the same page a few games down the road I expect the Bills offense to get better. Simply because they didn't get enough preseason practice together

You realize the hypocrisy in using this excuse for Taylor and not EJ, right?

In my view, it's not an excuse. Considering the limited time that Tyrod was allowed to play in the preseason I'd say EJ was far more prepared to start the season.

How can anyone expect a second year starting QB to be on the same page as his offensive stars if he doesn't get much actual game practice time to develop a rapport. Gotta get that timing down. Gotta get those pre snap reads down. Gotta get in game shape or it will take a few games before we see what we should have seen that first week.

First preseason game at Indy, Taylor 2 of 3 for 7 yards

Second preseason game against the NY Giants, Taylor 7 of 10 for 132 yards 1 TD

Third preseason game at Wash, Taylor 2 of 5 for 11 yards

Fourth preseason game, Tyrod didn't play

So, a total of only 11 snaps in four games for a player just starting in his second season is simply not enough time to get into game shape, IMHO. Rex Ryan was treating the QB like he was a ten-year vet with an arm that needed minimum work before the season started. Tyrod needed all the preseason snaps he could get he should have been out there. EJ Survived it!

In my view, it's not an excuse. Considering the limited time that Tyrod was allowed to play in the preseason I'd say EJ was far more prepared to start the season.

How can anyone expect a second year starting QB to be on the same page as his offensive stars if he doesn't get much actual game practice time to develop a rapport. Gotta get that timing down. Gotta get those pre snap reads down. Gotta get in game shape or it will take a few games before we see what we should have seen that first week.

So, a total of only 11 snaps in four games for a player just starting in his second season is simply not enough time to get into game shape, IMHO. Rex Ryan was treating the QB like he was a ten-year vet with an arm that needed minimum work before the season started. Tyrod needed all the preseason snaps he could get he should have been out there. EJ Survived it!

That's a solid point. I missed what you were saying. I'm sure last year's injuries are the reason Rex held back the starters. Like you're saying, it works for the Packers, but...we're not the Packers.

So hard to argue against any of this - let's hope that he can play himself into game mode / speed / shape / whatever phrase you like. One would certainly think (hope?) that he'll get more comfortable as his playing time increases...

Not buying it. This was his 6th preseason, not 1st.

11 snaps? what are you talking about? you have 18 pass attempts added up there, and i'm sure he handed the ball off a bunch of other times also. So he played more than your leading on.

Not buying it. This was his 6th preseason, not 1st.

11 snaps? what are you talking about? you have 18 pass attempts added up there, and i'm sure he handed the ball off a bunch of other times also. So he played more than your leading on.

Ok my bad on the snaps then, let's break it down differently.

Game one @ Indy, Tyrod played one series, 5 snaps.

Game two NY Giants, Tyrod played in three series, 16 snaps.

Game three @ Washington, Tyrod played in two series 10 snaps.

Game four @ Detroit, Tyrod didn't play.

This to me wasn't nearly enough time playing in preseason to get ready for the regular season.

Tyrod might be in his sixth year in the NFL but only in his second season starting which means he spent four years on the bench not playing. When the late great Bill Walsh stated that it generally took four years to properly develop an NFL QB he meant four years behind center starting and that would include QB's drafted in the first round.

This QB we are talking about wasn't a first round pick like EJ was, as Taylor was a 6th round pick that still needs playing time to develop properly. He needed all the work in preseason to get his timing down with the receivers and get more experience in reading different NFL defenses.

Taylor put up some really good numbers in a 2015 Buffalo run first offense when the offense was running the ball effectively and when it wasn't able to run the ball well the QB's didn't fare well. He needs that run game to actually work to be effective in a run first offense.