Week 1: Around the League

Big C

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we see two top-tier kickers in cataranzo and gano miss GW FGs against the Broncos and pats this week.

When was the last time you recall that ever happening to the Bills?

Never, when was the last time you saw something go wrong for the Pats*? Edited by Bubba Gump

Even with a young QB making his 1st start on the road vs. a top team in the league Garopollo never looked flustered. He didn't burn a single timeout. You would think there would be at least 1 instance of a defensive front or alignment that confused him enough to burn one, especially with the crowd noise. That's just amazing preparation and you have to tip your hat.

Even with a young QB making his 1st start on the road vs. a top team in the league Garopollo never looked flustered. He didn't burn a single timeout. You would think there would be at least 1 instance of a defensive front or alignment that confused him enough to burn one, especially with the crowd noise. That's just amazing preparation and you have to tip your hat.

They don't win every game, but they absolutely never beat themselves. Always prepared.

Browns place Robert Griffin III on injured reserve

The former Rookie of the Year and voted captain of the 2016 Browns has been placed on injured reserve after sustaining a serious injury to his non-throwing (left) shoulder in Sunday's season opening loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Edited by ALF

So I think I have watched over half of last week's NFL games now here are my 5 key takes:

1. Tom Brady's 4 game suspension benefits Josh McDaniels more than anyone else. He called a terrific game with Jimmy G at Quarterback to beat Arizona. If he can repeat that through to week 5 he will be top of everyone's Head Coach candidate list come January.

2. The Jets defensive line is nasty!

3. Jack Del Rio's call to go for 2 should sheppard in a new era of Head Coaches not playing scared with the game on the line.

4. The demise of Revis has been exaggerated. AJ Green was a beast! The long touchdown was on Calvin Pryor who should have been giving help over the top and blew the coverage.... and two of the other longer passes were circus catches... Revis played the coverage on both pretty well.

5. The LA Rams have nothing. Zilch. Zero. Zip.

BONUS TAKE: Josh Norman played a decent game for the Redskins. He was almost a "shut down" corner because Big Ben hardly threw at him. However, that was partly because when they really needed a play they moved Brown over to Breeland's side and beat up on him.

If Norman is ever going to justify that contract he needs to travel with opposition #1 receivers. Him giving up hardly any catches or yards is pointless if the team can throw for 300 using the other side of the field.

So I think I have watched over half of last week's NFL games now here are my 5 key takes:

1. Tom Brady's 4 game suspension benefits Josh McDaniels more than anyone else. He called a terrific game with Jimmy G at Quarterback to beat Arizona. If he can repeat that through to week 5 he will be top of everyone's Head Coach candidate list come January.

2. The Jets defensive line is nasty!

3. Jack Del Rio's call to go for 2 should sheppard in a new era of Head Coaches not playing scared with the game on the line.

4. The demise of Revis has been exaggerated. AJ Green was a beast! The long touchdown was on Calvin Pryor who should have been giving help over the top and blew the coverage.... and two of the other longer passes were circus catches... Revis played the coverage on both pretty well.

5. The LA Rams have nothing. Zilch. Zero. Zip.

BONUS TAKE: Josh Norman played a decent game for the Redskins. He was almost a "shut down" corner because Big Ben hardly threw at him. However, that was partly because when they really needed a play they moved Brown over to Breeland's side and beat up on him.

If Norman is ever going to justify that contract he needs to travel with opposition #1 receivers. Him giving up hardly any catches or yards is pointless if the team can throw for 300 using the other side of the field.

This bit about Norman feels a lot like Sherman a few years back since he didn't follow receivers around the whole field. He, of course, has benefitted from the best safety tandem in the league and they've always had a decent guy on the other side too. Washington isn't as stacked in the secondary so we'll see how this plays out.

Gunner: good thoughts.

I never have gotten the strategy that keeps the CB on one side. It's like a madden glitch you can take advantage of.

Depending on the differential in skill, there are advantages to mastering the footwork and routine of a single side