Bills receiver Marquise Goodwin says he will prove doubters

VinceFerragamo

The 'quise hate runs deep at TBD, almost as much as TJ Graham. Except TJ actually cost the Bills games with fumbles and drops.

now jboyst62 will need to chime in. oh dear.

can i be a fan of MG and not one of TJ Graham ?

I don't think it's hate. It's more of a "figures" type of feeling toward him at this point. Everyone is basically just sitting and waiting for him to take a hit that puts him out for the rest of the year is all.

I personally don't care for him because he's almost as bad at tracking the ball in the air as Leodis was.

he has had quite a pre season. Maybe he did some off season training with Donnie Henderson ?

Become the receiver..

lol

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is uncoverable, why wouldn't any OC design more plays for him to be the primary receiver?

Orton? He had no trouble finding scrub Hogan deep down in his progressions. In 11 games in 2014, Hogan was targeted 61 times for 41 catches. Goodwin, in 10 games, 9 targets, 1 catch. Maybe Goodwin was so fast that Orton lost sight of him? Or that he was always so uncovered that Orton just assumed he was an opposing defensive player?

Look, stop pretending you watched all 22 of Goodwin's games focusing on how open he was. He's a "scrub" like Hogan. A depth guy, even when healthy. Nothing more.

Nobody "hates" Goodwin--some of us just don't understand the facts behind the TSW legend of this guy as a WR in this league. It's mythical. And as with myths, when asked for proof, doubters are always told--"it's there, you just aren't looking hard enough, so you can't see it".

OK...

First off, I'm not saying he's uncoverable. He's not strong enough to consistently avoid getting jammed. But his speed is unmatched. Not just his top speed, but how quickly he accelerates.

You keep coming back with stats. And nobody is arguing his lack of production. But you think he's actually not a talented player, which you need more than stats to justify. I believe he has only had one game where he was the feature receiver and he showed really well (home vs Jets in 2014).

Also, the scrub Hogan you are referencing just got a pretty decent deal from Bill Belichick. And a QB like Orton is not going to be able to take advantage of what Goodwin's best at anyway. Hogan's strengths worked better in that offense.

The Bills haven't had good QB play here in a long time, and now that we seemingly do, we are running a run-first offense. So it's natural that fans like you think guys like Woods, Goodwin, etc. suck. They're not afforded the same opportunities as players on teams with more advanced offenses.

I don't think it's hate. It's more of a "figures" type of feeling toward him at this point. Everyone is basically just sitting and waiting for him to take a hit that puts him out for the rest of the year is all.

I personally don't care for him because he's almost as bad at tracking the ball in the air as Leodis was.

Don't be knockin' Leodis "MY MAN!" My first play from scrimmage is play action to LeShady, send Sammy and 'quise long, then air it out. Put the Poes on notice immediately.

First off, I'm not saying he's uncoverable. He's not strong enough to consistently avoid getting jammed. But his speed is unmatched. Not just his top speed, but how quickly he accelerates.

You keep coming back with stats. And nobody is arguing his lack of production. But you think he's actually not a talented player, which you need more than stats to justify. I believe he has only had one game where he was the feature receiver and he showed really well (home vs Jets in 2014).

Also, the scrub Hogan you are referencing just got a pretty decent deal from Bill Belichick. And a QB like Orton is not going to be able to take advantage of what Goodwin's best at anyway. Hogan's strengths worked better in that offense.

The Bills haven't had good QB play here in a long time, and now that we seemingly do, we are running a run-first offense. So it's natural that fans like you think guys like Woods, Goodwin, etc. suck. They're not afforded the same opportunities as players on teams with more advanced offenses.

Others in this thread described him as uncoverable.

I never thought Woods sucked.

I referred to Hogan as a scrub because that's how he was described by many here. I was a supporter of him last season.

As a depth receiver he can only be expected to "show well" if he is the featured receiver? Huh??

You keep telling me not to use stats to evaluate Goodwins value, yet what else do we have? Are you now left to argue that Goodwin's NFL WR talents are so extraordinary that every QB he has had throwing to him and each OC (Roman targeted him twice in 2 games total last season) simply could not figure out how to get him the ball?

Posters here are describing Goodwin as though he was Victor Cruz.

Wow. Well the OP did mention "fantasy"....

Anyway, when he has been healthy, he's been a zero threat WR.

I go with what my eyes tell me......and they tell me he gets open.

Your debating something else entirely.....all of which is completely true. While he cannot be covered...he also has not given the bills production. Mostly because he cant take hits.

Getting open

Production

They are not the same thing

I go with what my eyes tell me......and they tell me he gets open.

Your debating something else entirely.....all of which is completely true. While he cannot be covered...he also has not given the bills production. Mostly because he cant take hits.

Getting open

Production

They are not the same thing

A lot of "eyes" here endlessly told us that CJ Spiller was a threat to score every time he touched the ball! Your eyes see what you want them to see.

Anyway, no, getting open all the time should lead to production--certainly more than Goodwin produced after his first 7 games. He played in 17 more games. If he was open all the time in those games, how is it possible he produced so few catches? Who would choose (nearly) never to throw to a WR who cannot be covered?

The logic here gets more and more contorted.

I'm assuming you meant training camp since he only has 3 receptions for 36 yards in preseason games.

I am afraid i was being sarcastic this time

I'm a 'quise fan and despise TJ Graham.

I hope this year he can reward our steadfastness, and the abuse we suffered for him.

Go Goodwin !