Troy Aikman POed about FOX Hiring Skip Bayless

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was a feature article he ran at the time.

Seriously hate the day when sports writers thought we cared about hearing ANYTHING from them other than sports-related stories. I don't care what Bayless thinks about AIkman's sexuality. I don't care what Timmah Graham thinks about the Redskins. I don't care what Bob Costas thinks about guns.

Talk about sports and then STFU you self-absorbed, click-baiting chuckleheads.

Sometimes I wish this thing had a "Like" feature similar to FB

Aikman seems to have a lot of detractors when it comes to his broadcasting work.

I have always found him to be quite good, but a little dry.

Let's hope the tension grows between these two until there is some crazy outburst on live TV. That could be entertaining.

Aren't color analysts by nature a little dry? I mean, Chucky is probably the best, and he's wired perfectly for crap like that IMO... The other sports casters, like- the ones that got cut from the 5th grade gym class- they are supposed to keep things interesting...

Aikman seems to have a lot of detractors when it comes to his broadcasting work.

I have always found him to be quite good, but a little dry.

Good commentary is like a good martini -- a little dry. I don't get the dislike of Aikman; he's knowledgeable and consistent. His job is to inform me, not entertain me.

Conversely, buffoons like Gruden or Theeesman are horrible to listen to.

He has a point. It's difficult to find a more nauseating personality in the industry than Bayless.

Fixed

Good commentary is like a good martini -- a little dry. I don't get the dislike of Aikman; he's knowledgeable and consistent. His job is to inform me, not entertain me.

I kind of like Gruden.... He's energetic, knowledgeable, and entertaining.... I mean, he's no Madden, lol

Yeah, I rather dislike Joe Buck, which is a shame, as I adored his dad.

With Buck, I feel he emotes every call of every play with the hope he'll have a "Do you believe in miracles? YES!" moment.

Instead it's always the most amazing "And Eli will take a knee and that will do it! YES!" moment

I kind of like Gruden.... He's energetic, knowledgeable, and entertaining.... I mean, he's no Madden, lol

To me Madden started off that way; energetic, knowledgeable and slightly entertaining. Then he realized he could get a LOT more endorsements if he focused solely on the 'entertaining' part. And I think Gruden has followed the same path.

Gruden is my new Howard Cosell and John Madden all rolled into one. I freaking dig listening to him for some bizarre reason...probably because it's evening, I'm drinking, and everything is the best he's ever seen, and there are times when even he knows he's over the top, and can laugh at himself.

To me Madden started off that way; energetic, knowledgeable and slightly entertaining. Then he realized he could get a LOT more endorsements if he focused solely on the 'entertaining' part. And I think Gruden has followed the same path.

But in his later years, Madden could hardly construct a complete sentence.... I'm not old

Enough to remember when he started commentary

No...but I would venture to say that he sits when he pees

Then it's unanimous

Bayless and Shannon Sharpe have a "First Take" styled show that either recently started or debuts sometime soon on Fox Sports One.

The promo commercial for that is so stupid. I will never watch. I want to punch Bayless in the face every time he opens his mouth.

How does he keep getting jobs on television? I guess that says something about the people watching...

The promo commercial for that is so stupid. I will never watch. I want to punch Bayless in the face every time he opens his mouth.

How does he keep getting jobs on television? I guess that says something about the people watching...

In my experience, you don't want to punch someone in the mouth when they have it open...