Leo Roth Rochester D&C is the anti Sully, not throwing it in

Leo Roth from the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle and Bills beat writer lays out how the Bills can make the playoffs. http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/columnist/roth/2016/09/02/after-eventful-preseason-how-bills-make-playoffs/89791216/

This team can beat anybody at home and compete with anyone on the road.

They have more difference makers than most........but the thing about the losing culture around this team is that they traditionally lose games they shouldn't and get into killer funks like they did last year where they lose to teams like KC(who they had on the ropes, AGAIN) and Philly and Washington who they should have been able to handle.

Depth is a problem, but front line talent is not.

Rex's maddening ability to prepare his team just well enough to lose a close game to the Patriots is also a concern. He is an absolute master at playing them close at least once every season, but he who has the HOF QB still wins that game almost every time. If the Bills want what they have, they are going to have to take it from them, not just try to take the air out of the football.

I expect the defense to be much better........the offense has a ton of potential if they can adapt to what defenses throw at them and Roman seems very aware of what to expect. Even the things like trying to get a fullback like Vitale in who can actually catch a ball and get some yardage shows that they know that defenses aren't just going to let them pound and bomb them all season without making Tyrod throw the ball quick or take big hits.

They have more difference makers than most........but the thing about the losing culture around this team is that they traditionally lose games they shouldn't and get into killer funks like they did last year where they lose to teams like KC(who they had on the ropes, AGAIN) and Philly and Washington who they should have been able to handle.

Rex's maddening ability to prepare his team just well enough to lose a close game to the Patriots is also a concern. He is an absolute master at playing them close at least once every season, but he who has the HOF QB still wins that game almost every time. If the Bills want what they have, they are going to have to take it from them, not just try to take the air out of the football.

I expect the defense to be much better........the offense has a ton of potential if they can adapt to what defenses throw at them and Roman seems very aware of what to expect. Even the things like trying to get a fullback like Vitale in who can actually catch a ball and get some yardage shows that they know that defenses aren't just going to let them pound and bomb them all season without making Tyrod throw the ball quick or take big hits.

Good post

and nice link Mike

I agree with my buddy 3/12. Well said BADOL, and look you didn't even have one shot at McCoy. Sorry poking a little fun as I do generally like your takes.

Well, I for one won't be reading any of his Pollyanna, mamby-pamby pap, nor will I drink his Kool-aid. I want to hear the RAW word on just what a stanky pile of steaming goat custards this year's squad is going to be. Don't sugar-coat it for me. No siree Bob! [/the "realists"]

Perhaps when they play the pats they should try adding air to the football instead.

Well, I for one won't be reading any of his Pollyanna, mamby-pamby pap, nor will I drink his Kool-aid. I want to hear the RAW word on just what a stanky pile of steaming goat custards this year's squad is going to be. Don't sugar-coat it for me. No siree Bob! [/the "realists"]

Exactly. I blame Doug Whaley.

:beer:

Hard to argue with any of this. Avoiding significant injury to the playmakers will be crucial.

Perhaps when they play the pats they should try adding air to the football instead.

Zing! Well played.

stay strong Nanker !!