Packers release Josh Sitton

Virgil

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly but he is not on Sitton's level. It's also very important to have depth too.

But it's a mute point anyways since this guy can pick and choose.

Because we want to win.

Josh Sitton's isn't coming to Buffalo to sit behind John Miller.

Then let him go someplace else.

Roll with Miller. Good kid and year one to two is when a lot of lineman show improvement.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Josh Sitton played RT his last 3 years in college. Sign him and make him the RT. With the entire line form last season from LT-RG in place, it would be easy to move Sitton in at RT and not lose continuity.

It was reported they wanted him to play RT. Not Guard.

That's true, and for good reason as we have serious question marks at the RT position. But Slauson knew that when the Bills called to arrange the meeting in the first place. Its not like he got here, heard the Bills wanted him to play RT, and he decided to bolt. He had a good relationship with Kromer and Rex, listened to what we had to offer, and simply preferred to play in San Diego. We wouldn't guarantee him any starting position while the Chargers told him he would be their #1 center and included playing time incentives. Had nothing to do with "management" decreeing that Miller start at G.

GO BILLS!!!

Don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

I had hoped some one would be bop off my note !

Every team should do their due diligence. Find out the why first though, teams like GB don't do this without a reason.

always

Then let him go someplace else.

Roll with Miller. Good kid and year one to two is when a lot of lineman show improvement.

I have no problem going into the season with Miller. But there are different ways to gain interior depth.

I really like John Miller

Hell ya...plug his ass in for John Miller and dump Groy

John Miller was lousy last year.

Looks like teams might try to put extra pressure on Tyrod to beat him up and make him throw quickly and to jam the running game in the process........so if this OL doesn't block well Tyrod is going to be asked to make a lot of plays with his feet and that's not the kind of exposure you want for your franchise QB.

Isn't his natural position interior offensive lineman?

Has he ever played tackle in the NFL? You don't think that played a part in his decision?

He can play all OL positions, although he obviously prefers center as his decision to sign with SD suggests. The Chargers offered him more money, with incentives, and promised him the starting C position. Buffalo made no promises. SD gave him a more attractive deal and he took it. It had nothing to do with management demanding that Miller must start.

GO BILLS!!!

I had hoped some one would be bop off my note !

always

I have no problem going into the season with Miller. But there are different ways to gain interior depth.

I really like John Miller

I agree. My post was more about the poster saying Miller wasn't starter material. Personally I will take my chances with Miller. I think a solid G/C backup would be nice. I am sure Sitton will get to start someplace.