Browns trade 2014 1st rd pick Justin Gilbert to Steelers

YoloinOhio

Whaley has generally done it via trade/FA and I dig it

I love those moves. If someone can bump the Hughes trade, I was all about it before he played a down for us.

I think the 49ers did this a few years ago. Carlos Rogers was a giant bust for Wash and became a good starter on their SB team. Sometimes a chance of scenery is the best thing for a player.

I love those moves. If someone can bump the Hughes trade, I was all about it before he played a down for us.

I think the 49ers did this a few years ago. Carlos Rogers was a giant bust for Wash and became a good starter on their SB team. Sometimes a chance of scenery is the best thing for a player.

Yup.

Scheme, personality clashes with coaches, local distractions... All can be issues in one city and not the next but you normally get a guy with elite physical skills. Even if they don't maximize output you often get a decent role player and cheap.... And sometimes you get Jerry Hughes!

Yup.

Scheme, personality clashes with coaches, local distractions... All can be issues in one city and not the next but you normally get a guy with elite physical skills. Even if they don't maximize output you often get a decent role player and cheap.... And sometimes you get Jerry Hughes!

Agree. And worse comes to worst, you lose a 6th rounder. Solid gamble. Edited by C.Biscuit97

Steelers gave up nothing and really need talent in their secondary so we will see. Their scheme is a little different, their CBs play zone...to the point they were able to use a guy like Cockrell. These are guys who are toast in man coverage.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Sammy & Robert both burn this over-hyped toast, so I'm not surprised and happy we play Pittsburgh at home this season.

Yeah when the Steelers travel to Buffalo you might want focus less on the Steelers secondary than how the Bills secondary will handle that Steeler offense

I said it with the Mingo trade. I love trading low draft pick for ex 1st rounders. May never turn into anything but it's worth a 6th rounder to kick the tires on.

It rarely ever works out. The Bills got lucky with Hughes.