Terrance Knighton cut by Pats

YoloinOhio

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How so? I haven't heard how he has been playing but I think it's safe to say the jury is still out on him. Wasn't he a head case? Might be only a matter of time before he reverts back to his old ways

i have heard and he looks great.

Or Richard Seymour or Chandler Jones.

Aqib Talib, etc

Or Richard Seymour or Chandler Jones.

Or Wes Welker, Vince Wilfork, Ben Watson, etc.

I think the point that diggz is making, however, is that NE seems to be ahead of the curve as a team that prefers to let guys go before they hit their decline, and would rather another team get production out of them than hold onto them to the point where they aren't producing on par with their salary.

Pats are good with playbooks and rule bending, I'm not so sure they are above average at handling personnel.

Knighton was outplayed by a younger/cheaper player and lost his spot, I haven't heard anything about him being in bad shape or anything negative. IMO he would still be a solid role player who can be a plus player if you limit his snaps.

I think the point that diggz is making, however, is that NE seems to be ahead of the curve as a team that prefers to let guys go before they hit their decline, and would rather another team get production out of them than hold onto them to the point where they aren't producing on par with their salary.

Bill also doesn't take **** from average guys. If he's been lazy and/or moaning, Bill ain't got time for that.

Edited by Blokestradamus

while true, I don't think anyone's excepting a pro bowl DL at this point. He's a cheap, experienced rotational depth guy at the nose as we try to make it through the Dareus suspension. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm skeptical of anyone that NE cuts, simply because Belichick usually has a good handle on when guys are close to the cliff production-wise

Not sure I agree with guys like Seymour, Welker, Chandler..... but I always refute even the smallest Belichick compliment due to my hatred of the man and his organization, their fans, their children, their--

See?

1.5 sacks and 17 solo tackles isn't bad for a part-time guy whose job is to occupy blockers.

FWIW, he also graded out quite well in advanced stat metrics like PFF.

Given the truly obvious need with Dareus' absence, it would almost be *too* logical to bring him in, based on experience with 3-4 and the position he fills. I can't understand the process if DW doesn't at least make a call and try to get him to come to Buffalo for a visit.