Bills Skins Impressions

aristocrat

http://www.cover1.net/2016/08/preseason-bills-vs-redskins-impressions/

The third preseason game for the Buffalo Bills left a lot to be desired. Most of the impressions were not good. The 90-degree heat and humidity definitely got the best of the players. Especially the Bills, a familiar storyline crept up and that is penalties. The Bills committed 13 penalties for 104 yards, more importantly, four of those resulted in first downs. For those who missed the game and just checked the box score the amount of penalties called on the Bills would catch your eye. But if you actually watched the game you would know that Ed Hochuli’s crew was horrendous. They called 23 penalties in all, for 211 yards, and yes that extended the game and tested the players mentally.

I think on that TD gave up you just gotta give it to the redskins QB......

He was under pressure from the edge and throw an accurate pass.....right where only the receiver could get it.

Its gonna happen.....what should NOT have happened was the horse doo ref calls prior to that play

Seriously , the most annoying thing ( locally) was Channel 7 's inability to have two microphones working simultaneously. So Tasker had to do play by play for awhile then the other guy ( can't think of his name) took over. While Tasker took a break . This went on for about 80% of the game. Then again , that fiasco may have been trumped in the annoying dept. by John Murphy's apparent refusal to say "redskins" on air. Do we have to be that PC now, even in sports. At least the channel 7 announcer seemed to have no qualms about using the redskins team name in a sentence. Neither did Tasker. Murph came across like a complete toolbox.

my impression is that preseason games need to go away. I was there and our 2's and 3's were playing their 1's well into the third quarter at most skill positions, so who the hell knows what to think of " how they did". no clue. it was varsity vs. JV for most of the game.

I'm pretty sure there were a ton of calls by Ed Hoculi because head of officials Dean Blandino was in attendance. This was said in the Bills broadcast multiple times.

That would also explain the 2 roughing the passer penalities on the Bills. (I do agree with the one where the defender landed on the QB's head. I don't agree with the way they enforced that call)

my impression is that preseason games need to go away. I was there and our 2's and 3's were playing their 1's well into the third quarter at most skill positions, so who the hell knows what to think of " how they did". no clue. it was varsity vs. JV for most of the game

The backups did an alright job for most of the game. That is until cousins figured out what the bills were trying to do.

I think on that TD gave up you just gotta give it to the redskins QB......

He was under pressure from the edge and throw an accurate pass.....right where only the receiver could get it.

Its gonna happen.....what should NOT have happened was the horse doo ref calls prior to that play

Cousins made the plays a starter should that's for sure. Moore should have tackled the WR.

For some reason, my DTV didn't record the game from yesterday. It was supposed to replay yesterday on NFLN. Anyway, looks like I didn't miss much.

Can we just fast forward this week and get to the Ravens.

You missed nothing. I had a hard time even fast forwarding through that rubbish.

The only takeaway I got was that I think the redskins receivers dropped too many balls; otherwise, cousins would have had a lot more success against our starting D.

Beyond that, it was EJ getting steamrolled by unblocked guys, while he's trying to complete passes to a bunch of guys that will not make the team.