Kaepernick and the National Anthem

That's the obvious and the silly part.

I'm not sure what point your'e trying to make.

I'm saying it's interesting that his social media has been scrubbed, removing everything he was discussing questioning the validity of BLM and its leaders, and now every story covering his murder is linking his much older tweet about being threatened by the cops.

I'm not sure what point your'e trying to make.

I'm saying it's interesting that his social media has been scrubbed, removing everything he was discussing questioning the validity of BLM and its leaders, and now every story covering his murder is linking his much older tweet about being threatened by the cops.

It's silly for cops to kill him because the last thing they need is a high profile martyr.

Interesting fallout is unfolding from the murder of Darren Seals, a prominent BLM leader. In the few days running up to his murder, Seals had been complaining that money raised by BLM hadn't been given back to Ferguson and tweeted that some BLM leaders had become disruptive and opportunistic -- not that you'd know any of that from reading the news about his death.

Instead all the media reporting seems to be focused on trying to link his murder to the police in someway while completely ignoring Seals more recent, and more relevant, social media outpourings -- many of which were deleted from his feed just hours after his death was announced.

Be mindful of agendas being pushed...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/darren-seals-ferguson-protest-leader-found-fatally-shot-burning-vehicle-n643731

Where did you get the info about the deleted tweets?

Agree 100%. The agenda I was alluding to was the media's, not the cops.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you believe that the powers-that-be are attempting to begin a race/civil war in the United States, right?

Attempting to begin?

Whatever, I just want him to come out and say it so that we know exactly what agendas he wants us to "be mindful" of so we can read his future posts in the correct light.

Fact is that a full-scale civil war is unwinnable for any rebellion unless significant portions of the military defect. Anyone with half a brain knows this so unless the "agenda" is to make us blind to that reality there's no reason to push it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you believe that the powers-that-be are attempting to begin a race/civil war in the United States, right?

Powers that be is a loaded term and pretty useless as it causes more confusion or dismissal than it provokes substantive discussion. It also implies that there is just one monolithic group pulling the strings which is overly simplistic and not what I believe to be the truth. The reality is there are several, if not dozens of groups that operate behind the scenes that all have competing interests. Carlin put it best, "it's a big club but we ain't in it."

So while I object to how you phrased it, I do believe certain elements within this country would love to see civil unrest along racial lines, absolutely. We've seen that agenda being pushed on us for months now. It's not an accident or a coincidence.

Greg is slippery, you have to be when the foundation of many of your theories are ambiguously unprovable.

I only appear slippery because I don't fit into a partisan box. I like to think for myself. I get it, it's not for everyone.

Powers that be is a loaded term and pretty useless as it causes more confusion or dismissal than it provokes substantive discussion. It also implies that there is just one monolithic group pulling the strings which is overly simplistic and not what I believe to be the truth. The reality is there are several, if not dozens of groups that operate behind the scenes that all have competing interests. Carlin put it best, "it's a big club but we ain't in it."

So while I object to how you phrased it, I do believe certain elements within this country would love to see civil unrest along racial lines, absolutely. We've seen that agenda being pushed on us for months now. It's not an accident or a coincidence.

I only appear slippery because I don't fit into a partisan box. I like to think for myself. I get it, it's not for everyone.

It has nothing to do with being partisan and everything to do with conspiracy theories. Some of the most partisan people on this board are conspiracy theorists, just look at many of the Trump supporters.

Conspiracy theories in the vast majority of cases are unprovable. It wasn't a knock on you, just an observation. I've seen you on many occasions say one thing at one point, to only contradict yourself at a later point and when confronted, you come up with some opaque winding explanation as to why the contradiction. Hence the characterization, slippery.

Edited by Magox

It has nothing to do with being partisan and everything to do with conspiracy theories. Some of the most partisan people on this board are conspiracy theorists, just look at many of the Trump supporters.

Conspiracy theories in the vast majority of cases are unprovable. It wasn't a knock on you, just an observation. I've seen you on many occasions say one thing at one point, to only contradict yourself at a later point and when confronted, you come up with some opaque winding explanation as to why the contradiction. Hence the characterization, slippery.

Woke since 97.

Fair enough. But as a big fan of Occam's Razor, I have to ask whether it's more likely that there's a racial/civil unrest agenda being pushed on us or if multiculturalism/diversity+proximity just doesn't work.