Kaepernick and the National Anthem

Those groups have a completely different American experience that you seemingly want to discount.

Which group was most recently thrown into concentration camps in the US?

Sometimes my friends here influence my opinions. But not this time. I stand by what I originally posted.

Kap is disrespectful when he sits for the national anthem and disrespect is never the answer.

What would it take for you to listen to him. Should he speak on a local radio station. If you want to be heard, you need to be loud.

And honestly, I've always found it odd to be 'forced' to show your respect lest you get lambasted on blogs across the country. It's like the pledge, if my kids don't recite the pledge as they are expected to do, my guess is there will be problems. It doesn't seem right.

In your opinion.

no Sh#t

1. It is mathematically impossible for any one person to have a genuine opinion about the Bills, and 99% of the time argue against whatever benefits or looks good on the Bills. Therefore, it's impossible to argue that you believe in what you protest.

2. You do realize, and know, that this BLM issue has been exponentially amplified in the national news and conversation in the last eight months since he has played.

!. your 99% stat proves younhave not been reading my posts very closely. You see what you want to see.

2. this is my point exactly. Keep's protest is a (very late) epiphany of convenience. The BLM should not have been necessary to put Kaep's thoughts in his head.

Let's all agree that if he was a NFC perennial winning QB, he would not be sitting during the anthem.

Edited by Mr. WEO

During the same era there was Jim Crow, Segregation, and Lynching.

And they all ended two generations ago.

Which gets back to the main point of the criticism. If you applauded Kaep, please point to the institutional racism in the US that keeps any race down in 2016.

Edited by GG

2. You do realize, and know, that this BLM issue has been exponentially amplified in the national news and conversation in the last eight months since he has played.

Good point, and the guiding principles and dogma's that the BLM movement are showing this crappy nation that oppresses African Americans and people of color are leading the way to a more just and less racist nation. They lead by example, they exemplify everything that is potentially right with this country.

God Bless BLM

!. your 99% stat proves younhave not been reading my posts very closely. You see what you want to see.

2. this is my point exactly. Keep's protest is a (very late) epiphany of convenience.

Let's all agree that if he was a NFC perennial winning QB, he would not be sitting during the anthem.

Is there a time limit on protests?

Maybe you're projecting your shallowness on him, could we all agree on that?

Which gets back to the main point of the criticism. If you applauded Kaep, please point to the institutional racism in the US that keeps any race down in 2016.

Actually Lynchings were still happening in my lifetime, and I'm not that old.

2. this is my point exactly. Keep's protest is a (very late) epiphany of convenience.

My 99% comment, agreed, was a gross exaggeration, and off the mark by 100%. It's 98% anti Bills.

Ever hear of the concept of "last straw?" He didn't have to suddenly become upset by this.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Is there a time limit on protests?

Maybe you're projecting your shallowness on him, could we all agree on that?

Actually Lynchings were still happening in my lifetime, and I'm not that old.

Did he not feel 3 years ago that the American flag represented a country that oppressed people of color?

My 99% comment, agreed, was a gross exaggeration, and off the mark by 50%. It's 98% anti Bills.

Ever hear of the concept of "last straw?" He didn't have to suddenly become upset by this.

The "last straw"?? You mean when the WNBA jumped on this?

Come on!

Which gers back to the main point of the criticism. If you applauded Kaep, please point to the institutional racism in the US that keeps any race down in 2016.

You should study up on COINTELPRO, Redlining, the war on drugs, and many other policies and practices before posing questions such as this. There's quite a bit to go into but there's a good list to start with.

Did he not feel 3 years ago that the American flag represented a country that oppressed people of color?

Maybe not as strongly as now. Lot of crap hitting the fan lately. But you don't know and you're just reaching for reasons to discredit him.

But to your point, if he did this 3 years ago, would you be ok with it?

You should study up on COINTELPRO, Redlining, the war on drugs, and many other policies and practices before posing questions such as this. There's quite a bit to go into but there's a good list to start with.

Many of the things you list aren't based on race but socioeconomic status. But far easier to lump them in with race because you score points with voters.

Congratulations on being uninformed

Edited by GG