Leveon Bell suspension reduced to 3 games. Dareus next?

my understanding of Marcel's suspension was that it was for missing a drug test, not failing one.

same situation for Bell, he got 4 games and it was reduced to 3 on appeal Friday.

I'm hoping that precedent will help Dareus get back on the field for that 4th game in New England, assuming he is out of rehab and ready to play at that time. Has he appealed the suspension yet?

my understanding of Marcel's suspension was that it was for missing a drug test, not failing one.

same situation for Bell, he got 4 games and it was reduced to 3 on appeal Friday.

I'm hoping that precedent will help Dareus get back on the field for that 4th game in New England, assuming he is out of rehab and ready to play at that time. Has he appealed the suspension yet?

I don't think we've heard of he's filed paperwork.

Unless you are comparing the reasons they missed the test, I'm not sure simply saying they both missed tests carries much weight

Bell was for missing tests but he missed multiple tests, not just one.

Even still, I imagine the same reduction.

I don't think we've heard of he's filed paperwork.

Unless you are comparing the reasons they missed the test, I'm not sure simply saying they both missed tests carries much weight

Someone said the appeal was coming. Believe it was the same person that broke the story a week or so before they announcement. Plez maybe?

It wasn't reduced because he missed the test, a missed test equals a failed test 100% which equals a 4 game suspension in their respective cases. The case of Bell is that there was questions on how much of it was his fault and how much of it was the testers fault. Evidently, there was enough of something that they didn't feel it was all Bells fault and reduced it on appeal.

Based on everything thats come out of Dareus case, I don't see any reduction coming from him. He's definitely been apologetic and seems to have taken full responsibility on his side for having missed the test. Unless some new information comes out suggesting there were some other factors, it appears to me that Dareus is fully at fault. And to be honest, based on the fact he has checked himself into rehab suggests to me that he missed the test because he didn't want to take the test because he was going to fail the test. You don't check into rehab because you forgot an appointment...you check into rehab because of you have a substance control issue and need help.

It wasn't reduced because he missed the test, a missed test equals a failed test 100% which equals a 4 game suspension in their respective cases. The case of Bell is that there was questions on how much of it was his fault and how much of it was the testers fault. Evidently, there was enough of something that they didn't feel it was all Bells fault and reduced it on appeal.

Based on everything thats come out of Dareus case, I don't see any reduction coming from him. He's definitely been apologetic and seems to have taken full responsibility on his side for having missed the test. Unless some new information comes out suggesting there were some other factors, it appears to me that Dareus is fully at fault. And to be honest, based on the fact he has checked himself into rehab suggests to me that he missed the test because he didn't want to take the test because he was going to fail the test. You don't check into rehab because you forgot an appointment...you check into rehab because of you have a substance control issue and need help.

Maybe its a chronic appointment skipping rehab?

every game counts this season. im hoping the rehab thing is just to reduce the suspension or PR bc the faster hes back on the field the better, unless he really needs rehab, in that case get well and come back when ur ready, that chits no joke.

good post Marty.

But i thought the 4 games meant he missed/failed multiple tests??

Orit was strongly suggested buy some one of authority and OBD, like Pegules perhaps

Pot rehab is silly. But if he's doing it, he better get at least a game shaved off his suspension.

why should he get leniency ?

Maybe its a chronic appointment skipping rehab?

Not bad !

The NFL is making Dareus serve five games to make up for Bell.

Thanks Wrex and Dug - they should have known this was coming! Just our luck!!

You would have to think the voluntary entry into a program helps his case at a reduction... :NoBeer:

Thanks Wrex and Dug - they should have known this was coming! Just our luck!!

You would have to think the voluntary entry into a program helps his case at a reduction... :NoBeer:

Not when he was caught partying the night he said he was going to rehab.

Not when he was caught partying the night he said he was going to rehab.

My understanding is that there's a pic of him, at Bills team function, where he's not drinking, or doing weed. But hey we've got social media, so PARTYING! :burningpitchfork:

Pot rehab is silly. But if he's doing it, he better get at least a game shaved off his suspension.

You know, he might be going to rehab because he wants to kick pot. Just putting it out there in the realm of possibility.

This makes perfect sense. But to me it should weigh heavily in favor of reducing the suspension. Dareus is admitting he has a problem -- it's the classic definition of addiction. He keeps doing it even though he's aware of the fact that it is bound to cause serious negative consequences on his career. We can argue all we want about whether marijuana should be a banned substance or not, but the fact of the matter is simple: it is. Ask yourself this: if someone offered you a contract to do your job -- whatever job that might be -- and is going to pay you $16 million a year over 6 years, on condition that you don't consume alcohol or marijuana or whatever your drug of choice is, would you even consider doing something that would ruin that deal? I know I'd be building a fantastic wine cellar with that money, full of $ 500 Bordeux wines that won't be properly aged until 2022 ...

This makes perfect sense. But to me it should weigh heavily in favor of reducing the suspension. Dareus is admitting he has a problem -- it's the classic definition of addiction. He keeps doing it even though he's aware of the fact that it is bound to cause serious negative consequences on his career. We can argue all we want about whether marijuana should be a banned substance or not, but the fact of the matter is simple: it is. Ask yourself this: if someone offered you a contract to do your job -- whatever job that might be -- and is going to pay you $16 million a year over 6 years, on condition that you don't consume alcohol or marijuana or whatever your drug of choice is, would you even consider doing something that would ruin that deal? I know I'd be building a fantastic wine cellar with that money, full of $ 500 Bordeux wines that won't be properly aged until 2022 ...

No, it's really not.

You are describing the scenario for every player who ever got suspended for banned substances. How many go to rehab? Why don't they all got to rehab?

And what about guys who repeatedly get busted for PEDs--they are exhibiting the same reckless "addictive" behavior---shouldn't PED rehab be at least as legitimate as pot rehab?

No, it's really not.

You are describing the scenario for every player who ever got suspended for banned substances. How many go to rehab? Why don't they all got to rehab?

And what about guys who repeatedly get busted for PEDs--they are exhibiting the same reckless "addictive" behavior---shouldn't PED rehab be at least as legitimate as pot rehab?

In what way isn't it the classic definition of addiction? I have no reason to doubt that Dareus recognizes that he has a problem and he needs help in solving it. PEDs are, of course, a different matter. That is more of a rational calculation by the player: these drugs can help me get over the hump, making a marginal player a solid NFL performer, or turning a solid NFL performer into a pro bowl level performer. It only makes sense to speak of that as an "addiction" in a more metaphorical sense -- "addicted to constantly trying to hit that next level, and willing to take risks to do it." These are not in any way the same thing.