Marcell Dareus entering rehab

YoloinOhio

Why should it matter what exact day and time he enters rehab? He missed the test(s) months ago. A few more days won't change anything.

I'm not arguing should. I'm arguing will.

Marcel Dareus, just days after his suspension announcement, his "apology", and his decision to better himself by going to rehab, gets a Yahoo! story of him partying downtown. Does that affect his ability to reduce his suspension? Does it maybe cast doubt on whether he is actually taking his drug abuse seriously?

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcel Dareus, just days after his suspension announcement, his "apology", and his decision to better himself by going to rehab, gets a Yahoo! story of him partying downtown. Does that affect his ability to reduce his suspension? Does it maybe cast doubt on whether he is actually taking his drug abuse seriously?

I dont expect him to start making better decisions until after rehab. And Im only halfway facetious here.

Unless the NFL stipulated he had to enter immediately, it won't.

Do you think the poor optics will affect his ability to reduce his suspension? Does it maybe cast doubt on whether he is actually taking his drug use seriously?

So the reduction of the suspension is more important than his health and future.

Not so much on your second question.

So the reduction of the suspension is more important than his health and future.

Not so much on your second question.

Doc is operating under the impression the rehab is just for show and that pot rehab is a joke. I'm merely conceding to his opinion.

If you'd like to discuss the virtue of rehab for MD's health and future, I'm sure there are other brave souls who'd oblige you.

Edited by FireChan

keep banging that drum

Doc is operating under the impression the rehab is just for show and that pot rehab is a joke. I'm merely conceding to his opinion.

If you'd like to discuss the virtue of rehab for MD's health and future, I'm sure there are other brave souls who'd oblige you.

Dude, unfortunately I am very well versed in the whole rehab scene...trust me. You and I just disagree on this...unfortunately I am willing to put my faith in what someone says about seeking help, no matter what the circumstances.

keep banging that drum

Dude, unfortunately I am very well versed in the whole rehab scene...trust me. You and I just disagree on this...unfortunately I am willing to put my faith in what someone says about seeking help, no matter what the circumstances.

I don't think we do. I am really just separating what I'm discussing. It may be true that Dareus is truly seeking help, and really needs this. It may be true that he's struggling with his life. It may also be true that he isn't, he just enjoys the ganj and is going to rehab to reduce his suspension. Rather than rehash those basic truths every time I post, in this context, me and Doc have been discussing that if he is just going to rehab for show, then going out to the bars the night of a game he got sent home from, may be counterproductive.

Edited by FireChan

I don't think we do. I am really just separating what I'm discussing. It may be true that Dareus is truly seeking help, and really needs this. It may be true that he's struggling with his life. It may also be true that he isn't, he just enjoys the ganj and is going to rehab to reduce his suspension. Rather than rehash those basic truths every time I post, in this context, me and Doc have been discussing that if he is just going to rehab for show, then going out to the bars the night of a game he got sent home from, may be counterproductive.

ok I'll play..."serving" 28 or 30 days in rehab and completing the program will far outweigh one evening attending an "organized team event"...regardless of "the optics" (I really hate that overused cliche).

It would be counterproductive...if he was going out to bars and toking it up. Or getting drunk. As far as we know, he wasn't even drinking that night. And it was a team event and if there was anything untoward, the team wouldn't have let him go to it.

We do know there wasn't a team event at Encore at 2am. The term team event is a bit ambiguous... Does this mean the players all went out together? Or an actual event organized by the Bills?

Was he drinking, much less toking, at Encore?

That kind of click bait headline from Yahoo Sports really pisses me off and it really will make me less likely to click on a Yahoo link. "parties" has a very specific connotation that involves drink or drugs in this context. That's crap.

That kind of click bait headline from Yahoo Sports really pisses me off and it really will make me less likely to click on a Yahoo link. "parties" has a very specific connotation that involves drink or drugs in this context. That's crap.

Exactly. Attending a party, and partying, in today's American language, are two different things.

"Last year, I made a mistake involving possession of a banned substance," Dareus said in a statement. "The NFL's discipline for this conduct is part of the drug policy, and I apologize to my family, my teammates, the entire Bills organization and Bills fans that I will miss one game as a result of my mistake. I will work intensely that week and will be extremely happy to contribute to a win in week two for the Bills." - 2015http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000493823/article/marcell-dareus-suspended-for-first-game-of-15-season

Yeah, he's got to say it, and we have to ignore it. Words are worthless, and become even more so each time. Only actions count. Man up, big guy!

You can bet he's gotten an earful from his agent about this. Now it's time for him to get to rehab and get his priorities and life in order. He can play saturday night in a positive light with goodell by saying...see i was outta control. now rehab and i'm good now. maybe he gets a game knocked off.

You can bet he's gotten an earful from his agent about this. Now it's time for him to get to rehab and get his priorities and life in order. He can play saturday night in a positive light with goodell by saying...see i was outta control. now rehab and i'm good now. maybe he gets a game knocked off.

We can see already though this guy can take a lot of earfuls.