Irsay implies Rex takes the preseason too seriously

YoloinOhio

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We would all agree with that

We would also agree that in practice you likewise must show restraint though.

Now what type of practice a preseason game is- that's where Rex and some coaches may disagree

Some may recall the 9ers and saints being at odds a few years back when harbaugh wanted to strategize with Payton prior to the game but the saints coach declined as a similar situation

iirc Rex and Pettine strategized prior to the Browns preseason game last year on the blitzing thing

If he was so serious about the game, he has Carpenter kick an extra point to send the game to OT and then try to win. Irsay should stop the whine.

If he was even remotely serious about winning, he'd have run QB sneak on the last play. Cardale's big enough that he'd have pulled that off.

iirc Rex and Pettine strategized prior to the Browns preseason game last year on the blitzing thing

Yup. It's not uncommon.

And to those focusing on the win vs loss aspect - I don't think they are referring to that as much as more complex schemes and laying big hits. It's not shocking that some teams wouldn't love that for their #1s in an exhibition setting. It's not a matter of right or wrong, just different styles.

Yup. It's not uncommon.

And to those focusing on the win vs loss aspect - I don't think they are referring to that as much as more complex schemes and laying big hits. It's not shocking that some teams wouldn't love that for their #1s in an exhibition setting. It's not a matter of right or wrong, just different styles.

I doubt Rex actually schemes but he isn't opposed to calling something exotic. That 4th? play on defense where both Brown and Graham blitzed was probably more then some other coaches would like to see in preseason. They had the Colts OL completely confused.

But as you say, it's just a different style. The Colts probably thought, with their OL, there was a good chance of Luck getting hit.

if he wasn't he sure was at the hof game do you see that guy he wouldn't shut up I thought the network was going to have to start the music

I would like to explicitly state I think Irsay was high as balls when he wrote that.

if he wasn't he sure was at the hof game do you see that guy he wouldn't shut up I thought the network was going to have to start the music

I would like to explicitly state I think Irsay was high as balls when he wrote that.