Tim Tebow to pursue career in baseball

All I want to know has he gotten laid yet?

Dude has basically every hot chick drooling over him and he is like "Nah...I'm good."

WTF?

Even his teammates at Florida when interviewed would say they wish they could be Tim Tebow for a day to see what it would be like having that many hot chicks dying for you to give it to them...

Dude has every man's dream and is like, "No thanks, I'm good..."

He's been banging Urban Meyer for a decade!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't believe this thread is on page 3

That is exactly the reason Tebow would be great for baseball. The sport has no superstars at any level that transcend into pop culture anymore. No matter what ones opinion of Tebow is, there is no question that he would give the sport some much needed publicity.

That is exactly the reason Tebow would be great for baseball. The sport has no superstars at any level that transcend into pop culture anymore. No matter what ones opinion of Tebow is, there is no question that he would give the sport some much needed publicity.

Baseball isn't really in that much need of publicity at all.

And Tebow wouldn't even crack an Independent League line-up, let alone even a Single A MLB-affiliated team's roster.

This is more stupid than when Jordan tried it. It'll give a jolt to some AA team's town for a couple weeks, but baseball fans going to the park hate one thing ... bad baseball. And it would grow old, very quickly, like it did with Jordan. And Jordan was a real professional athlete. Tebow isn't even one of those.

Baseball isn't really in that much need of publicity at all.

And Tebow wouldn't even crack an Independent League line-up, let alone even a Single A MLB-affiliated team's roster.

This is more stupid than when Jordan tried it. It'll give a jolt to some AA team's town for a couple weeks, but baseball fans going to the park hate one thing ... bad baseball. And it would grow old, very quickly, like it did with Jordan. And Jordan was a real professional athlete. Tebow isn't even one of those.

Do people actually have water cooler baseball talk anymore? I just never hear anyone talk about the game anymore. I hear people talk football, basketball, and even hockey more than I hear about baseball. At least people would be talking. Baseball has no stars anymore that are known to people who aren't diehard fans. Think about all the NFL, and NBA players with TV commercials. No baseball players are at that level anymore. I'm just of the belief that any publicly is good publicity when it comes to a sport that has an aging and disinterested fan base such as baseball. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Do people actually have water cooler baseball talk anymore? I just never hear anyone talk about the game anymore. I hear people talk football, basketball, and even hockey more than I hear about baseball. At least people would be talking. Baseball has no stars anymore that are known to people who aren't diehard fans. Think about all the NFL, and NBA players with TV commercials. No baseball players are at that level anymore. I'm just of the belief that any publicly is good publicity when it comes to a sport that has an aging and disinterested fan base such as baseball.

I've personally never had, nor even overheard, a conversation about hockey in my entire life, actually.

I understand what you're saying about a "star," but baseball has gone the way of regional. Even with their channels. I watch SNY because I'm a Mets fan. I see Lincoln commercials with David Wright and Geico commercials with Jacob deGrom.

If I watch the YES network, I'll see ... well I'll probably still see Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera, but that's another discussion.

Baseball's ticket sales are very healthy, as it its viewership, both regionally and nationally. And they sustain that with a 162-game regular season. Post season numbers are always through the roof.

The sport has no superstars at any level that transcend into pop culture anymore.

baseball has gone the way of regional.

Exactly. Baseball stars are all regional because that's how the games are broadcast. NFL and NBA are more nationally focused.

I will never in my life understand the hatred for Tim Tebow over 100's of other celebrities and sports starts that are way worse than he ever was. It's really insane. Some of the comments in this thread are really sick.

Exactly. Baseball stars are all regional because that's how the games are broadcast. NFL and NBA are more nationally focused.

MLB has problems. National games are the same 5 teams on ESPN. Its dull. Yankees/Red Sox is so played out, I can go without ever seeing them play again.

Then you have their absolutely ridiculous territory map. In Buffalo we are blacked out for like 5 teams and we have 1 team within a 3 hour drive.

Minor League baseball has been poisoned and moved away from the grassroots communities. I remember the NY Penn League was great. We had Welland, St Catharines, Niagara Falls, Jamestown, Batavia, Geneva, Watertown, etc. The only one left is Batavia and they are hanging on by a thread. They all move to places like Staten Island, Brooklyn, Morgantown, etc. You go to a Bisons game and the game is treated like a mere distraction from all the promotions, themes, giveaways, etc. The players dont seem to care in the minor league level and September call-ups gut the teams right at the stretch/playoffs anyways.

29 years old for a baseball player in the minors is old. He should stay on TV. He was doing pretty well. This has little chance for success. I just don't get it. A 2 time National Champion playing QB at Florida plus a few years in the NFL. That's way better than most athletes ever accomplish. Time to hang it up and join the real world.

I will never in my life understand the hatred for Tim Tebow over 100's of other celebrities and sports starts that are way worse than he ever was. It's really insane. Some of the comments in this thread are really sick.

I agree. He was overrated by some as a quarterback but he's a better man than many other NFL players.

Well, he seems like a good person, although an utter distraction in the NFL, and was not capable enough to play in the league. It's hard to believe he can effectively compete with these other young prospects coming up through college, and the minors.

I don't know why he doesn't accept his role as a decent college football analyst on ESPN, and make a nice career for himself. He's so popular by a certain segment of the population, you know he has job security.

Well, he seems like a good person, although an utter distraction in the NFL, and was not capable enough to play in the league. It's hard to believe he can effectively compete with these other young prospects coming up through college, and the minors.

I don't know why he doesn't accept his role as a decent college football analyst on ESPN, and make a nice career for himself. He's so popular by a certain segment of the population, you know he has job security.

Eh, he's chasing the dream. I'd do the same thing if I could!