RG III Named Browns' Starting QB

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to see some sort of miraculous comeback for RG3 and his career, but at the same time I do not want Cleveland to all of a sudden become a great sports town.

And of course, all the talk about how good he's looked only lasts as long as his knees. He still looks really fragile out there.

Completely expected. They need to see if they can fix RG3 and reclaim his career. They might as well try. Their other options are McCown, who's an old vet, and a late 3rd round rookie in Kessler. It's a very similar situation to what the Bills faced last year when I said they might as well give Taylor a shot.

Im just sayin....its a great thing how this worked out for us

what if

McCown ended up being the QB we brought in

Does TT ever get his chance?

At the end of it we found our QB....and the browns are still searching.

Screw Cleveland. They are turrible mistake by the lake. Take it out and sink it in lake erie

Sadly, you can replace "Cleveland" with "Buffalo" and every word applies, from the perspective of the other NFL teams/fan bases.

RGIII is finished and has been so for quite some time.

Im just sayin....its a great thing how this worked out for us

what if

McCown ended up being the QB we brought in

Does TT ever get his chance?

At the end of it we found our QB....and the browns are still searching.

Wait, what?

Mccown was just deemed, by the Browns no less, as inferior to the corpse of RG3. How would he beat out TT here?

TT is the QB the Bills brought in.

Sadly, you can replace "Cleveland" with "Buffalo" and every word applies, from the perspective of the other NFL teams/fan bases.

RGIII is finished and has been so for quite some time.

visit Cleveland. Visit buffalo. Be amongst the people. Notable difference. Cleveland and Toledo are insufferable. Detroit is not that awful anymore.

Wait, what?

Mccown was just deemed, by the Browns no less, as inferior to the corpse of RG3. How would he beat out TT here?

TT is the QB the Bills brought in.

Think they meant last year.. Remember how we were trying to bring McCown in?

If they brought in McCown, I doubt thy also bring in TT, given that EJ is still clinging to the roster.

That was his point. Had the Bills successfully signed McCown (he was released in Februrary so he would have been signed before free agency), they wouldn't have signed Taylor at all. So we should be thankful that the Browns beat us in the race for McCown.

My take on this is, there's a QB in college this year they expect to be available in next year's draft. They're embracing the tank to get a good shot at that college kid.

RGIII is the only choice they have. They're tanking whether they want to or not. Nothing they could do about it outside of apparently paying Brock Osweiler ridiculous money to be somewhat better than RGIII.

Edited by jeremy2020

That was his point. Had the Bills successfully signed McCown (he was released in Februrary so he would have been signed before free agency), they wouldn't have signed Taylor at all. So we should be thankful that the Browns beat us in the race for McCown.

Exactly

Sorry if I was so cryptic on that guys

Yeah I thought you meant would TT have gotten his chance while on the Bills if they also took McCown.

I don't think so. I think McCown was vet choice A and Cassel was Vet choice B.

Once McCown signed with Cleveland, the Bills went after Cassel