Random thoughts from a first time poster

Phlegm Alley

Greetings fellow Bills fans. I make my way to this forum by way of the BB.com message board. I have noticed that the topics discussed and the feedback from everyone is much more legitimate, in depth, and worth while here than over at BB.com. Constantly i find myself pulling the hairs out of my head when I read topics that play around with the thought of getting Randy Moss, or entertaining the thought of ridiculous trades. These people apparently suffer from either: A) Drug addiction, B) Have a 3rd grade education/are in 3rd grade, C) Lost 1/2 of their brain in car accident/gunshot wound. Now that that's over, here are a few random thoughts:

1) I like the prospect of trading T. Henry to Arizona for LJ Shelton. It is very appealing for cap reasons. LJ's annual salary is $3 mil while JJ would demand top dollar now that he is the best availabel tackle on the market. Bye Bye JJ, hello LJ who has a ton of potential that wasn't being exploited in AZ (Who really wants to play in AZ anyway?). IMO, under the tutelage of Mouse McNally, getting the he11 out of AZ, and being on the same team as his cousin, LJ will blossom into a possible Pro Bowl caliber LT. Hopefully Jason Peter's deveopment will allow for added depth, and we resign Marcus Price who has done everything that we ask of him.

2) With that problem solved, I still think that we need to sign a solid LG. Jermaine Mayberry (although 32 yo) he would still be an upgrade at LG. Other options would be Cosey Coleman from TB or maybe even Joe Andruzzi from NE. This is the most important position that needs to be addressed this offseason IMO and I think that TD has someone locked on his radar that he is going to go after the second FA starts much like last year with Villarial, and TD really cant spend freely, but wisely.

3) We have a really good Special Teams unit, without Lindell, we would have a phenominal ST unit. In order to allow JP to thrive, we need to have a great kicker that is able to pick up slack when the offense comes up jsut short. I felt aggressive and violent when we would punt from our own 30. This is/was known as "The Lindell Factor". With that said, I now a lot of people are big Mike Nugent fans, however, I believe that we have to get an excellent FA kicker. Look how Nate Kaeding responded to getting picked in the 3rd round by SD, he choked and SD went home kicking themseves in their ball sacajawea's for not getting a vet. I've heard reports of us getting Adam Vinatieri. I have 4 words in regards to those rumors - "not going to happen". People need to lay off the crack pipe. One possibility would be Olinda Mare if he gets released by Miami. I really don't think that NFL Europe bound Owen Pochman is the answer. Do you?

4) Now that the future franchise QB is at the healm, we need a good solid backup who could win some games in spot duty if (God forbid) JP gets injured. My first option would be to sign Jay Fiedler. I now he is tainted with that God awful fish smell, but b/c of his win/loss record, he obviously knows how to manage a football game. If not Fiedler, I say Mike McMahon out of Detroit. Hee is mobile, very athletic, and would fit well in this MM, TC offensive mechanism that requires mobility at the QB position.

5) TE. Euhus showed promise last year, unfortunately, he injured the same knee for the 2nd time in his career. This could be detrimental. Campbell is mediocre IMO. I hope we pursue someone like Mili or Jermaine Wiggins, or Anthony Becht (former 1st rounder). We need more production/depth from this position.

* Note - I didn't put down re-sign Pat Wiliams. I think we have to let him walk and create a more balanced team which means improve our 25th ranked offense. This means that our D may slip a little bit but we are gettting younger at the DT position and investing the $ where it really needs to be invested. I think that TD had the option of extending either Clement's, Williams, or Schobel's contracts. He chose Schobel who has more upside than Big Pat.

I'm done, I know its probably nothing you guys haven't heard b-4, but I am looking forward to this offseason and getting into the playoffs where we belong, and also sharing good conversations and thoughts with you guys.

Later,

Bob Villa

Welcome. I like the Bob Vila show, and most of your recommendations for putting our own house in order!

You may have gone over the cap with your recommendations, but I do hope we get the hometown discount for Phat Pat. I don't want us to go backwards on defense to go forwards on offense.

I'm trusting in TD that the O-Line is Job 1. If we have enough cap, I'd like to see us get bigger up the middle. Wahle sounds big, Shelton is big, and MW is big. Add one big draftee in RD#2 (CJ Brooks is 320) and add JAson Peters in the mix, and you're talking.

Welcome. I like the Bob Vila show, and most of your recommendations for putting our own house in order!

You may have gone over the cap with your recommendations, but I do hope we get the hometown discount for Phat Pat. I don't want us to go backwards on defense to go forwards on offense.

I'm trusting in TD that the O-Line is Job 1. If we have enough cap, I'd like to see us get bigger up the middle. Wahle sounds big, Shelton is big, and MW is big. Add one big draftee in RD#2 (CJ Brooks is 320) and add JAson Peters in the mix, and you're talking.

248535[/snapback]

TD really does have his work cut out for him. Maybe he could get MW to restructure this offseason. With that huge cap # and not nearly the talent to back it up. He has potential and improved a lot last year but $9 mill!!! WTF!?

Oh and the show is just a front. I really don't know anything about home improvement. But I do know alot about beer, strip clubs, and football!

I have noticed that the topics discussed and the feedback from everyone is much more legitimate, in depth, and worth while here than over at BB.com. 

248496[/snapback]

You haven't been to the "PPP" board yet have ya?

entertaining the thought of ridiculous trades.

Later,

Bob Villa

248496[/snapback]

Hey Freakin, welcome!

So waddya think about Travis for Orlando Pace?

What, it could happen! :w00t:

A word to the wise, keep your posts below FFS level. He gets a little upset if anyone challenges his length. ;)

One more thing, watch out for that cable person. She's been known to corrupt miners.

1)  I like the prospect of trading T. Henry to Arizona for LJ Shelton.  It is very appealing for cap reasons.  LJ's annual salary is $3 mil while JJ would demand top dollar now that he is the best availabel tackle on the market.  Bye Bye JJ, hello LJ who has a ton of potential that wasn't being exploited in AZ (Who really wants to play in AZ anyway?).  IMO, under the tutelage of Mouse McNally, getting the he11 out of AZ, and being on the same team as his cousin, LJ will blossom into a possible Pro Bowl caliber LT.  Hopefully Jason Peter's deveopment will allow for added depth, and we resign Marcus Price who has done everything that we ask of him.

2)  With that problem solved, I still think that we need to sign a solid LG.  Jermaine Mayberry (although 32 yo) he would still be an upgrade at LG.  Other options would be Cosey Coleman from TB or maybe even Joe Andruzzi from NE.  This is the most important position that needs to be addressed this offseason IMO and I think that TD has someone locked on his radar that he is going to go after the second FA starts much like last year with Villarial, and TD really cant spend freely, but wisely.

3)  We have a really good Special Teams unit, without Lindell, we would have a phenominal ST unit.  In order to allow JP to thrive, we need to have a great kicker that is able to pick up slack when the offense comes up jsut short.  I felt aggressive and violent when we would punt from our own 30.  This is/was known as "The Lindell Factor".  With that said, I now a lot of people are big Mike Nugent fans, however, I believe that we have to get an excellent FA kicker.  Look how Nate Kaeding responded to getting picked in the 3rd round by SD, he choked and SD went home kicking themseves in their ball sacajawea's for not getting a vet.  I've heard reports of us getting Adam Vinatieri.  I have 4 words in regards to those rumors - "not going to happen".  People need to lay off the crack pipe.  One possibility would be Olinda Mare if he gets released by Miami.  I really don't think that NFL Europe bound Owen Pochman is the answer.  Do you?

4)  Now that the future franchise QB is at the healm, we need a good solid backup who could win some games in spot duty if (God forbid) JP gets injured.  My first option would be to sign Jay Fiedler.  I now he is tainted with that God awful fish smell, but b/c of his win/loss record, he obviously knows how to manage a football game.  If not Fiedler, I say Mike McMahon out of Detroit.  Hee is mobile, very athletic, and would fit well in this MM, TC offensive mechanism that requires mobility at the QB position.

*  Note - I didn't put down re-sign Pat Wiliams.  I think we have to let him walk and create a more balanced team which means improve our 25th ranked offense.  This means that our D may slip a little bit but we are gettting younger at the DT position and investing the $ where it really needs to be invested.  I think that TD had the option of extending either Clement's, Williams, or Schobel's contracts.  He chose Schobel who has more upside than Big Pat. 

248496[/snapback]

Welcome Villa,

1) Agree. LJ would be a good addition.

2) An upgrade at LG would be good, but it definitely has to be at the right price. Cheap, or go draft route. Actually, need to get some OL prospects in this draft for depth.

3) Yes, Lindell out. Nugent all the way. : ) Nugent has kicked many, many clutch kicks that would win/lose ballgames for OhioSt. He will be ready. Also, that kick missed by Kaeding was all Schottenheimer's fault. Kicking a 45 yd field goal on a wet field was just stupid. He should have gotten the ball closer and made the kick easier.

4) I think J. Fielder would be a good backup.

Note: I think most of the offensive woes came directly from Bledsoe. Hopefully, JP can fix alot of those problems w/ his mobility and better judgement. All the tools are already there on the O.

IMO, we really need to sign Phat Pat. He is the heart and anchor for that D. If we lose him, the D will really suffer for it. Whenever we have dominating D's, we have always had a great (or 2) DT in there to plug up the middle and PW is no exception. He will give us a hometown discount and I think we should take it.

Good 1st Post.

Welcome aboard !

Great first post. I agree with most of it except, I really like Phat Pat and hope we get him re-signed.

I just cant warm up to the idea of Jay Fiedler as our backup, too fishy for me !

We definately need an upgrade at kicker.

I could llive with Campbell, but an upgrade would certainly help.

Note: I think most of the offensive woes came directly from Bledsoe. Hopefully, JP can fix alot of those problems w/ his mobility and better judgement. All the tools are already there on the O.

IMO, we really need to sign Phat Pat. He is the heart and anchor for that D. If we lose him, the D will really suffer for it. Whenever we have dominating D's, we have always had a great (or 2) DT in there to plug up the middle and PW is no exception. He will give us a hometown discount and I think we should take it.

IF BLedsoes reign in NE was any indicator, Their offensive line was note as the worst in the leaugue the year bledsoe went down. Then the were considered one of the best in the leaugue when Brady took over. So I to believe the offensive line woes can be considerably more of a Bledsoe factor than poorus play. They cant be that bad when the have a 1,000 rusher in 11 games.

Also, i dont want to lose Pat williams until we have a proven DT to take his place and i dont want to lose any beats on defense when we are putting basically a second year rookie behind center. He needs feild position. Besides I dont know how much you think he is asking but he has always come pretty cheap and has offered a deep home discount to finish his career in Buffalo.

Why?  We kill the fresh meat too quickly over there for any nasty diseases to take hold...   :w00t:

248587[/snapback]

It isn't that bad now that the wicked witch from the west and tennyboy, along with RIO being a church mouse now.

Edit: Scratch that on RIO. A mouse told me he may not be an issue on TBD for a while either. ;)

Welcome to the best site on the internet. The webmaster and the mods do a fine job, and you will find some posters he with a great deal of knowledge and passion.

I agree with everrything that you posted. As for PW, until a particular poster suggested that I pay more attention to him, I tended to under value him as a Bill. While I no longer do so, I agree that there is a fairly good chance that he will be gone.

Edwards certainly progressed and this would soften the hit to a degree.

Were it up to me, I would sign PW to a short term contract with a small bonus. I just dont think that he has too many years left, and it would be a waste to have to eat the bonus down the road in terms of the salary cap.

Greetings fellow Bills fans.  I make my way to this forum by way of the BB.com message board.  I have noticed that the topics discussed and the feedback from everyone is much more legitimate, in depth, and worth while here than over at BB.com.  Constantly i find myself pulling the hairs out of my head when I read topics that play around with the thought of getting Randy Moss, or entertaining the thought of ridiculous trades.  These people apparently suffer from either: A) Drug addiction, B) Have a 3rd grade education/are in 3rd grade, C) Lost 1/2 of their brain in car accident/gunshot wound.  Now that that's over, here are a few random thoughts:

1)  I like the prospect of trading T. Henry to Arizona for LJ Shelton.  It is very appealing for cap reasons.  LJ's annual salary is $3 mil while JJ would demand top dollar now that he is the best availabel tackle on the market.  Bye Bye JJ, hello LJ who has a ton of potential that wasn't being exploited in AZ (Who really wants to play in AZ anyway?).  IMO, under the tutelage of Mouse McNally, getting the he11 out of AZ, and being on the same team as his cousin, LJ will blossom into a possible Pro Bowl caliber LT.  Hopefully Jason Peter's deveopment will allow for added depth, and we resign Marcus Price who has done everything that we ask of him.

2)  With that problem solved, I still think that we need to sign a solid LG.  Jermaine Mayberry (although 32 yo) he would still be an upgrade at LG.  Other options would be Cosey Coleman from TB or maybe even Joe Andruzzi from NE.  This is the most important position that needs to be addressed this offseason IMO and I think that TD has someone locked on his radar that he is going to go after the second FA starts much like last year with Villarial, and TD really cant spend freely, but wisely.

3)  We have a really good Special Teams unit, without Lindell, we would have a phenominal ST unit.  In order to allow JP to thrive, we need to have a great kicker that is able to pick up slack when the offense comes up jsut short.  I felt aggressive and violent when we would punt from our own 30.  This is/was known as "The Lindell Factor".  With that said, I now a lot of people are big Mike Nugent fans, however, I believe that we have to get an excellent FA kicker.  Look how Nate Kaeding responded to getting picked in the 3rd round by SD, he choked and SD went home kicking themseves in their ball sacajawea's for not getting a vet.  I've heard reports of us getting Adam Vinatieri.  I have 4 words in regards to those rumors - "not going to happen".  People need to lay off the crack pipe.  One possibility would be Olinda Mare if he gets released by Miami.  I really don't think that NFL Europe bound Owen Pochman is the answer.  Do you?

4)  Now that the future franchise QB is at the healm, we need a good solid backup who could win some games in spot duty if (God forbid) JP gets injured.  My first option would be to sign Jay Fiedler.  I now he is tainted with that God awful fish smell, but b/c of his win/loss record, he obviously knows how to manage a football game.  If not Fiedler, I say Mike McMahon out of Detroit.  Hee is mobile, very athletic, and would fit well in this MM, TC offensive mechanism that requires mobility at the QB position.

5)  TE.  Euhus showed promise last year, unfortunately, he injured the same knee for the 2nd time in his career.  This could be detrimental.  Campbell is mediocre IMO.  I hope we pursue someone like Mili or Jermaine Wiggins, or Anthony Becht (former 1st rounder).  We need more production/depth from this position.

*  Note - I didn't put down re-sign Pat Wiliams.  I think we have to let him walk and create a more balanced team which means improve our 25th ranked offense.  This means that our D may slip a little bit but we are gettting younger at the DT position and investing the $ where it really needs to be invested.  I think that TD had the option of extending either Clement's, Williams, or Schobel's contracts.  He chose Schobel who has more upside than Big Pat. 

I'm done, I know its probably nothing you guys haven't heard b-4, but I am looking forward to this offseason and getting into the playoffs where we belong, and also sharing good conversations and thoughts with you guys. 

Later,

Bob Villa

248496[/snapback]

Welcome aboard, Bob! I too searched and evaluated other boards on the net before landing here 2 years ago. I found that this board is by far the most thought provoking and contains posters that are "tough but fair" and they will make you laugh your ass off at times! I personally agreed with what you had to say except on two points....1) We have to re-sign Pat in order to keep that tandem of him and big Sam clogging the middle. and 2) Joe Andruzzi is a pat and I don't want any more damn patriots or former patriots on this team! GOD I HATE THOSE GUYS!!! <_<

Welcome Bob. I'm a long time lurker here, but haven't actually posted that often.

I agree with most of your points, and you cover the deficiencies on our O quite well. Almost all of my other concerns with this team are actually on defense. First and foremost, I strongly agree with the other posters that have touted the value of Pat. I believe he is a key to the success of our defense.

I felt aggressive and violent when we would punt from our own 30.

248496[/snapback]

I see you have the same deep, disturbed reaction to this as I do. You couldn't even get yourself to type " punt from our opponents 30." It just doesn't look or feel right.

My other big pet peeve with our Bills in 2004 was when we allowed all of those conversions on 3rd and long, this despite being a solid defense at almost all other times. I'm hopeful that we'll do better this year with stronger play at safety and more experience gained by Terence McGee. But, while I think Kevin Thomas has been pretty solid for a 3rd CB (and good on ST), he's the logical person to think of when you consider what's different on third and long. Also, we seem pretty thin in the secondary. What would we do if we lost one of our starting CBs (yikes!)? At least Greer and Baker are coming along, but Greer is a year of from contending to start (if he ever will) IMO.

Gotta be embarrasing to have spelled Bob Vila's name wrong on your name. But I'm no master speller, so I'll let it slide. Good luck in the boards, and drop the logical argument crap right outside the door. No room for that here.

Greetings fellow Bills fans.  I make my way to this forum by way of the BB.com message board.  I have noticed that the topics discussed and the feedback from everyone is much more legitimate, in depth, and worth while here than over at BB.com.  Constantly i find myself pulling the hairs out of my head when I read topics that play around with the thought of getting Randy Moss, or entertaining the thought of ridiculous trades.  These people apparently suffer from either: A) Drug addiction, B) Have a 3rd grade education/are in 3rd grade, C) Lost 1/2 of their brain in car accident/gunshot wound.  Now that that's over, here are a few random thoughts:

5)  TE.  Euhus showed promise last year, unfortunately, he injured the same knee for the 2nd time in his career.  This could be detrimental.  Campbell is mediocre IMO.  I hope we pursue someone like Mili or Jermaine Wiggins, or Anthony Becht (former 1st rounder).  We need more production/depth from this position.

Later,

Bob Villa

248496[/snapback]

Welcome to the board. It's always nice to have someone around who likes to discuss football.