Greg Salas = the new 7-11?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Sanjay Lal prasing Salas in one of those off-season articles, saying that if it wasn't for him we don't win the last game against the Jets. Salas converted a couple of important 1st downs for the team in that game. If he can show the coaches he can be that guy for this team consistently, he will an important player for us.

I remember Sanjay Lal prasing Salas in one of those off-season articles, saying that if it wasn't for him we don't win the last game against the Jets. Salas converted a couple of important 1st downs for the team in that game. If he can show the coaches he can be that guy for this team consistently, he will an important player for us.

i am picturing him in the slot and as a versatile depth guy, Kind of like Hogan was.

I called he would make the team and and be the #3. whatever that means.

And Hogan was open a lot.Not for long though

But it was #OVERTHEMIDDLE

WR is one of the best battles to watch in the pre-season games. I thought the signings were going to look a little better once they got on the field.

Hope two guys,at least, rise up

i am picturing him in the slot and as a versatile depth guy, Kind of like Hogan was.

but not a chain smoking weenie :devil:

Edited by 3rdand12

and much like hogan was available after the midpoint of the season.

There are a lot of decent WRs out there that can be ok contributors. that was kind of the whole point in the epic hogan debates the last few years. You hold a guy like (insert da'rick, goodwin, harvin, whoever else with a lot of talent - maybe not even a WR) and you end up needing a guy midseason because you get crunched in the numbers outside due to injury or the risky guy flopping and theres a bunch of options similar to that skill to bring in even in november/december. hogan (and salas similarly) is a nice upcycle from a guy like ruvell martin though, so he was a good placeholder for a bit.

and i dont mean that as a knock on the guy - just a lot of dudes with similar skills. if you are decent at identifying them, and know when to IR or cut the other - its a pretty low risk gamble on the roster spot.

Edited by NoSaint

Salas's 3 reception total last season certainly turned heads, but is he truly as legendary a first week of camp WR as Da'rick??

Which pro rates out to 48 over the course of the season. I'll take that from my #3.

There are a lot of decent WRs out there that can be ok contributors. that was kind of the whole point in the epic hogan debates the last few years. You hold a guy like (insert da'rick, goodwin, harvin, whoever else with a lot of talent - maybe not even a WR) and you end up needing a guy midseason because you get crunched in the numbers outside due to injury or the risky guy flopping and theres a bunch of options similar to that skill to bring in even in november/december. hogan (and salas similarly) is a nice upcycle from a guy like ruvell martin though, so he was a good placeholder for a bit.

and i dont mean that as a knock on the guy - just a lot of dudes with similar skills. if you are decent at identifying them, and know when to IR or cut the other - its a pretty low risk gamble on the roster spot.

For me this comes down to Coaching, and Coaches evaluations.

Does Salas fit the need? Hogan and Tyrod never seemed to gel.

Tyrod said last year once he reviewed tape , he saw Greg getting open. And then started throwing to him. Seemed like they hit it off. But being an unknown to defenses I suppose they may well have not taken him. or the middle of the field very seriously.

If Lal and Tyrod see him as good "fit" then that's enough for me.

Which pro rates out to 48 over the course of the season. I'll take that from my #3.

LOL--people still do the extrapolation thing?

Anyway, if you are going to do imaginary stats, at least do them right: he played in 2 games and had 3 catches. That "prorates" to 24 over the course of the season.

No doubt, had he not been with the Jets at one point, we probably never "kick his tires". Hopefully he can contribute to our team.

Salas's 3 reception total last season certainly turned heads, but is he truly as legendary a first week of camp WR as Da'rick??

personally, he had me at two receptions.......