Greg Salas = the new 7-11?

Right now, despite practice, Hogan is at best Brady's 3rd option, and likely 4th, because they will be running a lot of 2 TE sets again. I don't see how Hogan gets close to 1K.

I'd put him as a solid 6th option, at this point.

Gronk.

Edelman.

Amendola.

Bennett.

Dion Lewis. (he had 36 receptions in 7 games and was targeted 50 times)

Hogan.

I think they still see Hogan as a slot guy and insurance for Edelman/Amendola. They drafted Malcolm Mitchell as their outside receiver.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like belittling a solid one game contribution?

No, like belittling the notion that you can turn that one game into a 16 game season.

Why didn't you do the same for Easley?

Fair enough. But I still don't think it's much of a stretch to say he could replace Hogan's production. Replacing even Woods' production, though, I would consider a stretch.

Maybe. But the stretch comes from that fact that he never has. He has had the opportunity with multiple treats, but hasn't been used that way by any team, despite teams needing solid WR help.

I'd put him as a solid 6th option, at this point.

Gronk.

Edelman.

Amendola.

Bennett.

Dion Lewis. (he had 36 receptions in 7 games and was targeted 50 times)

Hogan.

I think they still see Hogan as a slot guy and insurance for Edelman/Amendola. They drafted Malcolm Mitchell as their outside receiver.

Hogan will have more catches than Bennett and Amendola. He will be their 3rd main passing game target.

The way they use Lewis is akin to a run game they just do it through the air so he is almost in a different category. When he was healthy last year the Pats had the lowest run % in the NFL so his catches don't take away from other receivers catching it they take away run plays instead.