Arian Foster Set to Sign a 1 Year Deal with the Dolphins

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Am I wrong to mock this signing?

If he stays healthy, he's their best RB. Savvy receiver that might be going against 240+ pound LB's in isolation vs the Bills.

Not wrong to mock because history says that he might not make it to Week 7.

Edited by Blokestradamus

I believe he will end up being their #1 RB come opening day..............until he gets injured. The guy is brittle, but they need him despite all the talking up of Jay Ajayi. Kenyon Drake is also another guy who could see a lot of time on the field, but I don't know if he has a running style that will fit as he is a speed guy who likes to bounce everything outside.

Always a productive back when on the field, and always a good fantasy back. But I never watched a game and thought "Foster is going to kill us". It was this attrition thing, and you always thought anybody could be doing what he was doing.

Curtis Martin was kind of like that for me during his career (without the injuries obviously). Never watched him do anything that special, but he was just - good. For a really long time.

Edited by dneveu

Always a productive back when on the field, and always a good fantasy back. But I never watched a game and thought "Foster is going to kill us". It was this attrition thing, and you always thought anybody could be doing what he was doing.

Curtis Martin was kind of like that for me during his career (without the injuries obviously). Never watched him do anything that special, but he was just - good. For a really long time.

Exactly; he wasn't a big play guy but he was a great fantasy back. You could count on 100 yards and a TD every week; he almost never laid an egg. Workhorse for two league titles for me.

Yes he's got miles on him but this is a good signing by Miami. Very low risk for a determined runner. He might be their Fred Jackson.

If he stays healthy, he's their best RB. Savvy receiver that might be going against 240+ pound LB's in isolation vs the Bills.

Not wrong to mock because history says that he might not make it to Week 7.

I sure agree with the the first two sentences. I wouldn't mock it though. Not unless Miami gave him a stupid contract, which I doubt is the case. While Foster hasn't been able to stay healthy of late, but has been very productive when he has been able to stay on the field. He can help that team if they don't overuse him and he's able to stay healthy. If not, I doubt the Phins have much to lose.

I sure agree with the the first two sentences. I wouldn't mock it though. Not unless Miami gave him a stupid contract, which I doubt is the case. While Foster hasn't been able to stay healthy of late, but has been very productive when he has been able to stay on the field. He can help that team if they don't overuse him and he's able to stay healthy. If not, I doubt the Phins have much to lose.

It's one of those signings that will be completely judged by hindsight. It'll be good or bad depending on how durable he is.

For the Fins, I actually like the signing. I thought they were idiots for letting Miller go but their backfield is nicely balanced if they stay healthy.

Arian Foster (30 next month) or Reggie Bush (32 next March) -- who is the less risky signing?

whichever one you would be depending on more. Is it a depth signing or someone you actually need to start or play a big role? Depth signings are rarely risky.

I don't think age is as much of a factor as the type and number of injuries sustained, number of carries, and style of play with a RB.

Edited by YoloinOhio