Arian Foster Set to Sign a 1 Year Deal with the Dolphins

Arian Foster (30 next month) or Reggie Bush (32 next March) -- who is the less risky signing?

Bush is far less risky and almost guaranteed to give you nothing. Hes been consistently disappointing his entire career. Safe bet.

Foster, on the other hand, has generally been injured but you cannot count on him to miss an entire season which makes him highly risky. If you gamble on Foster you might actually see real production at the RB position. I'm not sure that is a chance a team would want to take.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush is far less risky and almost guaranteed to give you nothing. Hes been consistently disappointing his entire career. Safe bet.

Foster, on the other hand, has generally been injured but you cannot count on him to miss an entire season which makes him highly risky. If you gamble on Foster you might actually see real production at the RB position. I'm not sure that is a chance a team would want to take.

Between the two of them, they just might have 1.5 good knees.

They love to replace young players they drafted and developed who are just hitting their prime, with old players they didn't draft who are past their prime.

It's the Tannenbaum way.

your not the only one that noticed this. theyve been doing that this whole off-season.

It's the Dolphins, so no.

Need I remind anyone of their track record on draft picks/signings over the last 10 years? I will tell you right now, the team I personally watched get destroyed by the Bills, in their own house? One aging RB and Mario Williams does not help that team anywhere near enough.

We have Charles Clay. Miami thought wisdom was letting him walk. Now they think wisdom is Foster? Do that math.

It's the Dolphins, so no.

Need I remind anyone of their track record on draft picks/signings over the last 10 years? I will tell you right now, the team I personally watched get destroyed by the Bills, in their own house? One aging RB and Mario Williams does not help that team anywhere near enough.

We have Charles Clay. Miami thought wisdom was letting him walk. Now they think wisdom is Foster? Do that math.

They tagged Charles Clay.

They tagged Charles Clay.

Did they sign him? Did they lock him up 1-2 years before they tagged him? What have you seen from Clay that does not scream "get a long-term deal done ASAP"?

Better: Is Ryan Tannehill your starting QB in fantasy? :lol:

Is there ever a case where you would choose to have that guy as your starting QB? Do you believe, even slightly, that Foster "helps" Tannehill to not suck? And, that's the gist of the headline" "Foster brings running game to help Tannehill in passing game") :rolleyes: Don't tell me you can't see that in the stack on the left of the screen. Don't tell me that's the working "story" right friggin' now. Hell, after all of the years of nonsense pandering to the Miami large market, I can write the "2016 Dolphins Preview: Foster Helps Tannehill" article all by myself, right now.

I can't wait to be treated to yet another cavalcade of "Tannehill is improving" ESPN training camp segments, like the last 5 years...just so I go watch us clobber them again.

Did they sign him? Did they lock him up 1-2 years before they tagged him? What have you seen from Clay that does not scream "get a long-term deal done ASAP"?

Better: Is Ryan Tannehill your starting QB in fantasy? :lol:

Is there ever a case where you would choose to have that guy as your starting QB? Do you believe, even slightly, that Foster "helps" Tannehill to not suck? And, that's the gist of the headline" "Foster brings running game to help Tannehill in passing game") :rolleyes: Don't tell me you can't see that in the stack on the left of the screen. Don't tell me that's the working "story" right friggin' now. Hell, after all of the years of nonsense pandering to the Miami large market, I can write the "2016 Dolphins Preview: Foster Helps Tannehill" article all by myself, right now.

I can't wait to be treated to yet another cavalcade of "Tannehill is improving" ESPN training camp segments, like the last 5 years...just so I go watch us clobber them again.

His knee injuries. His 1 year of surpassing 3 TD's total. His decline after one really good year in 2013. His below average YPR. His average yardage. His below average TD total. Etc etc.

I would 100% choose Tanny over EEeeeeeeeeeeJJJJjjjjjjj, the 4th year "rookie."

Edited by FireChan

His knee injuries. His 1 year of surpassing 3 TD's total. His decline after one really good year in 2013. His below average YPR. His average yardage. His below average TD total. Etc etc.

Yeah, and then? How do you explain his year last year? Come on: it doesn't take an expert to know that Clay is a guy you want on your team. Miami couldn't make that decision properly. Just like they keep foisting Tannehill on their fans, under the delusion that somehow, someday, he's going to stop being a 50% of the field passer.

The notion that Foster is going to come in and somehow change any of that is silly.

And....really? You know I only leave that EJ stuff up there...from years ago, to annoy specific posters/media. Those of the Geno Smith and later, Matt Cassel, persuasion. :lol:

Yeah, and then? How do you explain his year last year? Come on: it doesn't take an expert to know that Clay is a guy you want on your team. Miami couldn't make that decision properly. Just like they keep foisting Tannehill on their fans, under the delusion that somehow, someday, he's going to stop being a 50% of the field passer.

The notion that Foster is going to come in and somehow change any of that is silly.

And....really? You know I only leave that EJ stuff up there...from years ago, to annoy specific posters/media. Those of the Geno Smith and later, Matt Cassel, persuasion. :lol:

All of those stats were from his year last year

Sure Clay is a net positive, but is he really THAT important at top 3 TE money?

Well, EJ just completed his rookie season after the Jags game last year. So expecting him to have a monster season this year .

Gilmore and Tyrod maybe?

Tyrod would get first dibs, assuming he earns it. But I don't know if I want them to spend $15M/year on a guy who, while good, hasn't even made a Pro Bowl yet.

Tyrod would get first dibs, assuming he earns it. But I don't know if I want them to spend $15M/year on a guy who, while good, hasn't even made a Pro Bowl yet.

It was more hypothetical, seeing as we can't retroactively take money back from Clay. I was trying to demonstrate the ripple effect of how overpaying for one position leaves you unable to easily get a deal done for another down the line.

Gilmore is just as good of a CB as Clay is a TE, IMO, Pro-Bowl notwithstanding, with an upward trajectory on his career.

Edited by FireChan