Karlos Williams suspended 4 games for substance abuse

It happens all over the league. You make it sound like just the Bills are affected by players getting in trouble and suspended.

It does happen elsewhere. Did anyone actually say "this only happens to the Bills"? If so, I missed it.

On the other hand, it is indisputable that the Bills have been taking a number of dings with players this off-season.

It's difficult to frame that as a positive thing.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCoy is healthy and we still have capable backups even if we don't sign a FA. Our running game will be fine during KW's suspension.

Still, it's disappointing to lose the services of a guy who did so well in his rookie year. Not just a capable backup - KW looked like a dynamic change-of-pace complement to Shady.

And it's hard not to be amazed at what a knucklehead this guy is. So many boys and young men dream of the NFL. Think about that kid with the sign in front of OBD saying he'll do anything just for a chance. And then you see KW not taking his opportunity seriously.

Each of those Bills' lawyers accepted those plea deals without my counsel, doc. They were all guilty without my saying so and they all knew it, so what are you going on and on about?

You insisted they would not be suspended, despite the obvious inevitability that they would be.

And I don't think the Bills can control the court docket based on how Williams looks in camp. Everyone pleads not guilty and his lawyer can delay with any number of motions/tactics, if the court grants the delay. Your suggestion that the Bills FO will be directing his defense and court schedule is pretty funny.

A refusal to take the breathalyzer will certainly be used against him in court. As will his admission of drinking. As will the testimony of the arresting cops. In Arkansas, refusal of the test is another violation/charge in and of itself. Also, there is no chance the DWI charge can be dropped altogether. This has to end with either a conviction or an acquittal.

All DWI lawyers will do all of the same things you say they will do--it's all they have. If the case is strong, Williams takes a plea. If he feels it is not, he throws his fate to a jury. What's the hard part about this?

They accepted plea deals for lesser charges than what were initially brought. Again you'd have had them taking the highest/initial charges because, well, they just should. Just look back at the Shady thread for crying out loud.

As for suspensions, Sir Rog isn't known for his consistency. So again, bully for you for thinking like him.

And I'm not saying the charges will be dropped necessarily. I'm saying the conviction, if there is one, will be delayed so that JW doesn't serve his suspension at the same time KW does. Which means the Bills will do everything they can to ensure there's enough of a delay to prevent it from happening, and that means conferring with JW, his agent, and his lawyer(s), who will then manipulate the courts to accomplish that. To think they're passive/powerless when it comes to their investments is what is truly funny, especially if he looked as good to them as Kirby said he did and are counting on him to help them on the field.

Now whether the delay comes in the form of pushing the court date back and/or pleading "not guilty" and/or taking this to trial remains to be seen, but I'll bet any amount of money that he isn't suspended while KW is. And I think most people can see that.

I'm being pretty Zen, I think. Just responding to misinformation (same old) regarding my posts.

Yeah, this is hardly what I'd call "nasty."

It does happen elsewhere. Did anyone actually say "this only happens to the Bills"? If so, I missed it.

On the other hand, it is indisputable that the Bills have been taking a number of dings with players this off-season.

It's difficult to frame that as a positive thing.

No, no one actually said it. I inferred it......because of all the doom and gloom of a backup RB getting a 4 game suspension......

No, no one actually said it. I inferred it......because of all the doom and gloom of a backup RB getting a 4 game suspension......

Not sure you are implying this thought, so apologies in advance if you mean otherwise ... but, RB is the most easily replaced position on the roster. It's a well-oiled revolving door actually. In fact, the Bills showed last year they could pull people out of their living rooms to run the ball.

Still as part of a bigger picture, it's not exactly confidence building stuff to keep reading who is not going to step up and help this team be more than mediocre.

Sigh. Life as a Bills Fan

They accepted plea deals for lesser charges than what were initially brought. Again you'd have had them taking the highest/initial charges because, well, they just should. Just look back at the Shady thread for crying out loud.

As for suspensions, Sir Rog isn't known for his consistency. So again, bully for you for thinking like him.

And I'm not saying the charges will be dropped necessarily. I'm saying the conviction, if there is one, will be delayed so that JW doesn't serve his suspension at the same time KW does. Which means the Bills will do everything they can to ensure there's enough of a delay to prevent it from happening, and that means conferring with JW, his agent, and his lawyer(s), who will then manipulate the courts to accomplish that. To think they're passive/powerless when it comes to their investments is what is truly funny, especially if he looked as good to them as Kirby said he did and are counting on him to help them on the field.

Now whether the delay comes in the form of pushing the court date back and/or pleading "not guilty" and/or taking this to trial remains to be seen, but I'll bet any amount of money that he isn't suspended while KW is. And I think most people can see that.

Yeah, this is hardly what I'd call "nasty."

I never said they should take the highest charges. And in this case the charges cannot be dropped. He can plea to a lesser charge if offered, but in Arkansas, the charge isn't just dismissed.

I don't think like Goodell. Obviously, I was making my guess as to what would happen based on his prior decisions and the CBA. No need to make things up again--this is pretty straight forward.

This is a DWI case, not a murder case. The only evidence is the police report, so there really isn't much to try to suppress and delay, I would think.

Obviously the Bills would rather not have two RBs (even a 5th round rookie) suspended at the same time, but there is nothing they can do to change when it will happen. The profiling thing was pretty funny though.

Not sure you are implying this thought, so apologies in advance if you mean otherwise ... but, RB is the most easily replaced position on the roster. It's a well-oiled revolving door actually. In fact, the Bills showed last year they could pull people out of their living rooms to run the ball.

Still as part of a bigger picture, it's not exactly confidence building stuff to keep reading who is not going to step up and help this team be more than mediocre.

This is true. The hand wringing over the possibility that a 5th round afterthought who hasn't even made it to his first training camp might miss two games (Karlos or no Karlos) is nuts.

Karlos , J. Williams, Watkin's injury , Shaq , what a start this season.

Indeed. If this is what "winning the offseason" (per Rex) looks like, I'd hate to see what losing looks like.

When I become involved is when I feel that those discussions have taken a nasty turn. I believe if you go back a few pages and objectively read what's been written you'll see my point.

BE NICE TO EACH OTHER DAMMIT!

"I know that there are people, who do not LOVE THEIR FELLOW MAN, and I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT" -Tom Lehrer

Edited by Hopeful

Indeed. If this is what "winning the offseason" (per Rex) looks like, I'd hate to see what losing looks like.

"I know that there are people, who do not LOVE THEIR FELLOW MAN, and I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT" -Tom Lehrer

2014 NFL New York Jets 4 12 0 4th of 4 283 401 -118 Ryan Davis Smith Ivory Decker 28 22 24 6 29 26 18 32 -7.4 2.3 -5.0 -4.0 -1.0 2013 NFL New York Jets 8 8 0 2nd of 4 290 387 -97 Ryan Wilkerson Smith Ivory Kerley 29 25 19 11 30 26 21 32 -6.1 -0.0 -6.1 -4.7 -1.4 2012 NFL New York Jets 6 10 0 3rd of 4 281 375 -94 Ryan Wilkerson Sanchez Greene Kerley 28 30 20 8 29 26 23 32 -5.9 -0.0 -5.9 -5.1 -0.9 2011 NFL New York Jets 8 8 0 2nd of 4 377 363 14 Ryan Revis Sanchez Greene Keller 13 25 20 5 19 15 15 32 0.9 0.0 0.9

I just meant to me this is not a big deal...it is disappointing, of course because he played well last year...........but others make it sound like this is going to destroy the season.

I never said they should take the highest charges. And in this case the charges cannot be dropped. He can plea to a lesser charge if offered, but in Arkansas, the charge isn't just dismissed.

I don't think like Goodell. Obviously, I was making my guess as to what would happen based on his prior decisions and the CBA. No need to make things up again--this is pretty straight forward.

This is a DWI case, not a murder case. The only evidence is the police report, so there really isn't much to try to suppress and delay, I would think.

Obviously the Bills would rather not have two RBs (even a 5th round rookie) suspended at the same time, but there is nothing they can do to change when it will happen. The profiling thing was pretty funny though.

Yes they can change when it happens, of sorts. Namely by telling JW to plead "not guilty" at this August 15th court date, if it still happens on that day (and this admittedly might be what they'd do anyway). That pushes things into the season and the suspension wouldn't come until after KW is back. And why not plead "not guilty"? There is no plea deal at present, as far as we know.

As for the profiling thing, thanks. I'm just trying to think like a lawyer. Especially given the (worsening) political climate.

This is true. The hand wringing over the possibility that a 5th round afterthought who hasn't even made it to his first training camp might miss two games (Karlos or no Karlos) is nuts.

You would have said the same thing last off-season. Karlos did pretty well though, didn't he?

Don't be surprised if Reggie Bush signs here....rumblings from a scout

A Bills scout?

This makes no sense. They are boneheaded because they got other rbs so now fat Karlos isn't as big of a loss?

And yeah, Kiko Alsonso has been a terrible loss. Are people serious with this crap? McCoy, who I think is a d bag, is a pro bowl caliber rb. Alsonso was one of the worst lbs in the NFL last year.

its not about Alonso. Its about McCoy. He's not worth it and he's not a pro bowler. Gillislee and karlos and even Dixon did well last year. McCoy didn't justify his high pay and I'd rather have gone another route to get an RB.

100% healthy McCoy (the most valuable and important running back on the team) was deemed innocent by the prosecutorial office of Philadelphia. Roger Goodell has deemed Shady innocent of wrong doing as well. But boyst69 is pissed. Cut him.

your bait is cute.

Questioning "fandom" and allegiance irks me. People shouldn't irk me, they don't like me when I'm irked.

awe man. i mean this honestly,no one is being that stupid here. The narrative spun to is abstract and out there but it's not dirty arguing.u

But also ys. Questiining allegiance is hilarious. Its up there with questiining patriotism.

Edited by Boyst62

Yes they can change when it happens, of sorts. Namely by telling JW to plead "not guilty" at this August 15th court date, if it still happens on that day (and this admittedly might be what they'd do anyway). That pushes things into the season and the suspension wouldn't come until after KW is back. And why not plead "not guilty"? There is no plea deal at present, as far as we know.

As for the profiling thing, thanks. I'm just trying to think like a lawyer. Especially given the (worsening) political climate.

You would have said the same thing last off-season. Karlos did pretty well though, didn't he?

A Bills scout?

Yes