What's your personal line on Islamist Terror?

Do you really have to assign beliefs to people you don't even know and then point out inconsistencies between these viewpoints (that, again, you have assigned), in the middle of a discussion about an issue that has nothing to do with those other issues? What are you talking about and what is the point? You seem to be in a big hurry to label me as a liberal so that you can dismiss what I have to say out of hand, on any topic.

It goes to the larger point that Islam is generally incompatible with modern Western civilization. I didn't mean to say that there are inconsistencies between LGBT rights and feminist principles; I meant to say that they are not compatible with Islam or the governments of the Arab world. So it's hard, at best, or double-minded, at worst, to be sympathetic to all of the above.

Edited by LeviF91

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It goes to the larger point that Islam is generally incompatible with modern Western civilization. I didn't mean to say that there are inconsistencies between LGBT rights and feminist principles; I meant to say that they are not compatible with Islam or the governments of the Arab world. So it's hard, at best, or double-minded, at worst, to be sympathetic to all of the above.

Bingo. This isn't just a problem with the west.

How about the global community basically ignore, segregate, sanction, and destroy them economically until they realize that extremism will not be tolerated. Maybe it'll topple "ok" governments sure, or maybe it will keep their insanity and extremism confined to their own messed up countries. If they want to join the global community crack down on extremism, and expand human rights. Until they do, knock them back to the economic stone age.

I believe it stems from Wahhabism, and the spread of that virulent hate-filled belief system is funded largely by the Saudi royal family. In order to keep themselves in power, they fund the building of mosques around the world that have clerics and schools that indoctrinate the impressionable with their particular brand of misogynistic, homophobic, Christianphobic, and anti Semite dogma. They are factories of hate, and they're sprinkled all over the world. IMO.

By that I mean: what do they have to do for you to personally declare war on them?

Post 9/11, there is no debate about declaring "war on them" but only what is "war" and who is "them."

I don't have any problem with killing bad guys, and have no trouble leaving the issues of collateral damage in the hands and judgment of the military.

The hard part is that "them" are hard to define regrettably. And killing "them" has been a long game of whack-a-mole. We obviously need a better plan.

I believe it stems from Wahhabism, and the spread of that virulent hate-filled belief system is funded largely by the Saudi royal family. In order to keep themselves in power, they fund the building of mosques around the world that have clerics and schools that indoctrinate the impressionable with their particular brand of misogynistic, homophobic, Christianphobic, and anti Semite dogma. They are factories of hate, and they're sprinkled all over the world. IMO.

Hey, we agree on something, nicely written.

Ah yes, as designed, and expected, I can feel the butthurt flowing.

Yet again, I write a targeted post that is designed to expose.

Yet again, the exposed do my work for me.

And of course, yet again, they are too dumb to realize they are doing my work for me.

It's so bad/good this time, and the exposed are so butthurt that they even started a lame mock thread...but notice...never actually answered my question, or even dared approach the content of this issue.

To the exposed: it's far past time for you to regain your self-respect. You're not going to get it back by talking about me. You're also not getting it back by ducking the issue. All you have accomplished is to prove one, some, or all of the following:

1. Your sense of morality and justice is entirely relative, which means you have no sense of either.

2. You can't be honest about this issue, least of all with yourself.

3. You will do anything you can to talk about process(my long posts), in order to avoid dealing with the content(what we must now do).

I've given ample time for posters to post/reconsider/etc. I haven't egged anybody on. I've left this thread to its own devices.

And what do we see? Dissembling. Delusion. Demands on others to reject what their own eyes see, and ears hear, in favor of what, exactly?

That's the best part. Those of you who continue to have no line, NOW, also have nowhere to go! We've tried "smart" diplomacy. We've tried all your "plans". They have all failed. So, what do you have left?

Well, I assure you, complaining about my long posts? That doesn't stop anything. All that does is...what I intended it to do: expose you as the cowards, hypocrites, and unserious, pseudo-intellectuals that you are.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Ah yes, as designed, and expected, I can feel the butthurt flowing.

Yet again, I write a targeted post that is designed to expose.

Yet again, the exposed do my work for me.

And of course, yet again, they are too dumb to realize they are doing my work for me.

It's so bad/good this time, and the exposed are so butthurt that they even started a lame mock thread...but notice...never actually answered my question, or even dared approach the content of this issue.

To the exposed: it's far past time for you to regain your self-respect. You're not going to get it back by talking about me. You're also not getting it back by ducking the issue. All you have accomplished is to prove one, some, or all of the following:

1. Your sense of morality and justice is entirely relative, which means you have no sense of either.

2. You can't be honest about this issue, least of all with yourself.

3. You will do anything you can to talk about process(my long posts), in order to avoid dealing with the content(what we must now do).

I've given ample time for posters to post/reconsider/etc. I haven't egged anybody on. I've left this thread to its own devices.

And what do we see? Dissembling. Delusion. Demands on others to reject what their own eyes see, and ears hear, in favor of what, exactly?

That's the best part. Those of you who continue to have no line, NOW, also have nowhere to go! We've tried "smart" diplomacy. We've tried all your "plans". They have all failed. So, what do you have left?

Well, I assure you, complaining about my long posts? That doesn't stop anything. All that does is...what I intended it to do: expose you as the cowards, hypocrites, and unserious, pseudo-intellectuals that you are.

Man, you really need to step away for a bit and go get a milkshake or something.