Help from this draft-class is already fading (Williams DUI)

Ronin

Hurns shouldn't count he was UDFA lol. The Most alarming example too me is what happened in NY. Fitz threw too Marshall and Decker for over 2,500 yards and 26 touchdowns.

It's a passing league. Receiving stats have accelerated in recent years with the rules changes as have QB tallies.

1,000 yards is hardly a significant milestone for WRs anymore which is why I'm so harsh on Watkins.

It used to be that 4,000 yards was a significant milestone for QBs, but now the entire top-10 is over 4,000 and 5,000 is more the milestone. When Tannehill, first-time starting Cousins, rookie Winston, are above that and Fitz is just about there then IMO that's hardly something significant.

Passing comes easy in today's NFL, especially when we factor in significant amounts of garbage-time yards that are common.

Defense is the much harder thing because players have to find a way to defend w/o penalties.

The rushing game has suffered exactly because passing has become so easy, it's reduced the need for great rushing. Relying on your running game to win games makes sense if you have a defense like we had under Schwartz, but it makes no sense if you cannot stop the passing game of opponents.

We ranked 19th in passing D yardage last season and tied for 22nd with Washington and Baltimore for passing TDs allowed. That's not a recipe for winning.

This is precisely why I was so hard on the Ragland pick. For now both of our starting ILBs, w/ precious little relevant depth behind them, and both starting Ss, that struggle in coverage. In a league where a majority of passes are OTM, particularly against good QBs, I fail to see how this will propel our D forward, instead I only envision it making matters worse.

Again, this team drafts as if it's clueless to its own issues.

That's a huge hole to have in today's NFL, a dearth in your OTM pass coverage. Should be interesting, especially given the lack of pressure on the QB last season. I mean did Ryan really need the offseason to figure out what any good coach should have been able to figure out after a few weeks, a month or two at most, on the fly? Apparently so if he's even got it figured out now.

If we had to draft an ILB it would have been wise to draft one that had coverage skills.

Sorry Tasker....maybe another day. Not dealing with babies on a Friday.

And once again ...

Mirror

Talk about babies. You make a comment, then cry when all I do is react to it in the same manner. Self-righteous much?

My pet peeve is people commenting as if they're aware of facts when they don't substantiate them and when the opposite is true and then they ask me to do their research for them in defense.

Like I said, this is a social media site posing as something more. It's a real shame. There should be a forum within this place where those not afraid to actually do some homework can convene, instead of me having to maintain a few e-mail groups of people that have bailed from places like this for that very reason.

Instead it's a one-liner social media paradise where regular posters are patted on the back regardless of what nonsensical unresearched gibberish they post.

The handful of posters actually offering substance are continually drowned out by the rest.

I think I'm through with this thread.

So queue the "cut and run" comments.

Edited by TaskersGhost

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diehard, I respectfully call b*llsh*t on this. I'm 57 and have never driven impaired. I'm sure lots of other people have never driven impaired. Driving impaired is reckless.

Many, many years ago I was at my older brother's son's b-day party. Around 8pm, my brother's best friend loaded his family into their car. Several minutes later we saw the ambulance rush by. A drunk driver ran through a stop sign and smashed into my brother's friend's car. My brother's friend was killed as were 2 of his 3 beautiful children. After experiencing that, I could never drive after drinking and would never let anyone else drive impaired.

I'm all in favor of the "witch hunt" for drunk drivers. None of us has the right to unnecessarily jeapardize the lives of innocent people. I wouldn't feel much sympathy for JW if he was harshly punished for this. I hope he learns a valuable lesson.

If you ever had two beers inside an hour and drove, you were legally DUI. Are you saying you've never done that?

If you ever had two beers inside an hour and drove, you were legally DUI. Are you saying you've never done that?

That's not how it works. He weighs 220 pounds, so for him it would be 5 drinks in an hour to reach .08. For most male adults it's 4 and over. Here's a guide to follow: http://www.attorneydwi.com/bacperdrink.html

Edited by fridge

I've never done that. And I truly mean: Never. I'm not much of a drinker and when I do drink, I have a plan that keeps me from getting behind a wheel. It's not that hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting in relation to JWill case

@profootballtalk

Dak Prescott found not guilty of DUI

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/28/dak-prescott-found-not-guilty-of-dui/related/

He got off because his lawyers challenged the breathalyzer results (2) as inconclusive. JW refused to blow, so all there for him to challenge in court is the police report and the video of his FST and backseat ride.

He's in trouble.

He got off because his lawyers challenged the breathalyzer results (2) as inconclusive. JW refused to blow, so all there for him to challenge in court is the police report and the video of his FST and backseat ride.

He's in trouble.

Hope he's in Pittsford today or tomorrow at the latest.

I've never done that. And I truly mean: Never. I'm not much of a drinker and when I do drink, I have a plan that keeps me from getting behind a wheel. It's not that hard.

Admirable, but rare. You're the exception, not the rule.

Really? Is that true in America? In the UK now he would be the rule. Changed a lot in last 20 years.

Afraid so. The arrival of Uber and similar services has been a great thing, though.